The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved - Linux

This is a discussion on The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved - Linux ; "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

  1. The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    unsolved."

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    But but but...

    * many eyes looking at the source code?
    * responsive developer "community"?
    * Linux is more stable than Windows?

  2. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    > have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    > definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a
    > long time now unsolved."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    Lying DFS:

    Ubunt != Linux != Ubuntu

    > But but but...
    >
    > * many eyes looking at the source code?

    Yes, there are.

    > * responsive developer "community"?

    Yes, it is

    > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    from my experience? Yes.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    > them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    > solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    > unsolved."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >
    > But but but...
    >
    > * many eyes looking at the source code?
    > * responsive developer "community"?
    > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    dirty laundry is being aired out.

    In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of Linux,
    the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    squawking "works for me" etc...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    >> have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    >> definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a
    >> long time now unsolved."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >>
    >> But but but...
    >>
    >> * many eyes looking at the source code?
    >> * responsive developer "community"?
    >> * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    > What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    > dirty laundry is being aired out.
    >
    > In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    > admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of
    > Linux, the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    > They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    > trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    > squawking "works for me" etc...

    And *again* flatfish Gary Stewart felt the need to start yet another
    crosspost, and again into a linux general help group having nothing to do
    with advocacy

    The windows crowd must be mighty afraid
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    It could be worse, but it'll take time.

  5. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a longtime, still unsolved

    On 2008-08-04, DFS wrote:
    > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    > them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    > solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    > unsolved."
    >
    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    The original Ubuntu 8.04 release was indeed horrible on *a lot* of
    systems. I experienced those issues as well and eventually moved back
    to Debian Lenny, which I do not regret.

    But - as stated by someone else already - Ubuntu isn't GNU/Linux.
    Sometimes a faulty distribution emerges. That's life.

    --
    640K ought to be enough for anybody.
    ~ Bill Gates, 1981

  6. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time,still unsolved

    Peter K÷hlmann wrote:

    Well, you're nothing but a cross posting POS yourself, you a-hole.

  7. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a longtime, still unsolved

    "Peter K÷hlmann" stated in post
    48972a96$0$12946$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/4/08 9:13 AM:

    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    >>> have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    >>> definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a
    >>> long time now unsolved."
    >>>
    >>> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15
    >>>
    >>> But but but...
    >>>
    >>> * many eyes looking at the source code?
    >>> * responsive developer "community"?
    >>> * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    >> What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    >> dirty laundry is being aired out.
    >>
    >> In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    >> admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of
    >> Linux, the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    >> They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    >> trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    >> squawking "works for me" etc...
    >>

    > And *again* flatfish Gary Stewart felt the need to start yet another
    > crosspost, and again into a linux general help group having nothing to do
    > with advocacy
    >
    > The windows crowd must be mighty afraid

    You, Peter K÷hlmann, create many, many cross posts... how many times have
    you moved COLA threads to CSMA or to other forums? You are being a
    hypocrite.

    --
    I think the Apple guys have a very good point when they say we should let
    designers lead the definition of the user experience.

  8. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    The liar Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    > "Peter K├Âhlmann" stated in post
    > 48972a96$0$12946$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 8/4/08 9:13 AM:
    >
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    >>> What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    >>> dirty laundry is being aired out.
    >>>
    >>> In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would
    >>> never admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault
    >>> of Linux, the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    >>> They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    >>> trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    >>> squawking "works for me" etc...
    >>>

    >> And *again* flatfish Gary Stewart felt the need to start yet another
    >> crosspost, and again into a linux general help group having nothing to do
    >> with advocacy
    >>
    >> The windows crowd must be mighty afraid

    > You, Peter K├Âhlmann, create many, many cross posts... how many times have
    > you moved COLA threads to CSMA or to other forums? You are being a
    > hypocrite.

    What part of "advocacy" was too difficult for you to understand, CSMA poster
    Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser?

    --
    There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

  9. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time, still unsolved

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:20:17 GMT, TomB wrote:

    > On 2008-08-04, DFS wrote:
    >> "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    >> them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    >> solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    >> unsolved."
    >>
    >> http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    > The original Ubuntu 8.04 release was indeed horrible on *a lot* of
    > systems. I experienced those issues as well and eventually moved back
    > to Debian Lenny, which I do not regret.
    >
    > But - as stated by someone else already - Ubuntu isn't GNU/Linux.
    > Sometimes a faulty distribution emerges. That's life.

    I agree with you however to the person trying Linux for the first time,
    Linux is whatever distribution they happen to choose.
    While some people will move on to a different distribution, I suspect most
    will just go back to Windows with a bad impression of Linux fresh in their
    mind.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a longtime, still unsolved

    "Peter K÷hlmann" stated in post
    48976168$0$20699$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net on 8/4/08 1:07 PM:

    > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    >>> And *again* flatfish Gary Stewart felt the need to start yet another
    >>> crosspost, and again into a linux general help group having nothing to do
    >>> with advocacy
    >>>
    >>> The windows crowd must be mighty afraid

    >> You, Peter K÷hlmann, create many, many cross posts... how many times have
    >> you moved COLA threads to CSMA or to other forums? You are being a
    >> hypocrite.
    >>

    > What part of "advocacy" was too difficult for you to understand

    The idea you are performing "advocacy" as you do so is absurd... you merely
    cross post to troll... heck, in this very thread you tried to re-direct it
    from COLA because you know you have no leg to stand on.

    That's right, Peter, you have shown that not even you believe your BS. But
    have fun defending it anyway!

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

  11. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Aug 4, 10:28*am, Rick wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    > > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    > > have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    > > definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a
    > > long time now unsolved."

    > >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    > Lying DFS:
    >
    > Ubunt != Linux != Ubuntu
    >

    > > But but but...

    > > * many eyes looking at the source code?

    > Yes, there are.
    >
    > > * responsive developer "community"?

    > Yes, it is
    >
    > > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    > from my experience? Yes.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

    The freezes are posted in the Ubuntu forum.
    There are several users having the problem.

  12. Re: The fiasco that is Linux: freezes 3x to 4x daily for a long time,still unsolved

    On Aug 4, 4:16*pm, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:20:17 GMT, TomB wrote:
    > > On 2008-08-04, DFS wrote:
    > >> "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    > >> them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    > >> solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    > >> unsolved."

    > >>http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    > > The original Ubuntu 8.04 release was indeed horrible on *a lot* of
    > > systems. I experienced those issues as well and eventually moved back
    > > to Debian Lenny, which I do not regret.

    > > But - as stated by someone else already - Ubuntu isn't GNU/Linux.
    > > Sometimes a faulty distribution emerges. That's life.

    Holy Cow. Ubuntu is THE BIGGEST DISTRO out there.
    If people try it, they are not gonna try another distro,
    when bugs appear. They are gonna say linux sucks.

    You really have a hard time between the techno stuff
    and the marketing stuff. They don't care.
    You get one shot with most people. Not 100 shots
    and 100 different distro's.

    Better to make ONE AWESOME DISTRO, verses 100's
    of shoddy distro's.

  13. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:01:59 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 4, 10:28┬*am, Rick wrote:
    >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >> > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to
    >> > have them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a
    >> > definite solution to this problem, because this has been going on for
    >> > a long time now unsolved."

    >> >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?

    t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=15

    >> Lying DFS:
    >>
    >> Ubunt != Linux != Ubuntu
    >>

    >> > But but but...

    >> > * many eyes looking at the source code?

    >> Yes, there are.
    >>
    >> > * responsive developer "community"?

    >> Yes, it is
    >>
    >> > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    >> from my experience? Yes.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    > The freezes are posted in the Ubuntu forum. There are several users
    > having the problem.

    There are several -Ubuntu- users having the problem. Compare that to the
    number of Linuxx based systems NOT having the problem.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    Rick writes:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:01:59 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=15
    >>>
    >>> Lying DFS:
    >>>
    >>> Ubunt != Linux != Ubuntu

    >>> Yes, there are.

    >>> Yes, it is

    >>> from my experience? Yes.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Rick

    >> The freezes are posted in the Ubuntu forum. There are several users
    >> having the problem.

    > There are several -Ubuntu- users having the problem. Compare that to the
    > number of Linuxx based systems NOT having the problem.

    How? According to you there is no way of measuring how many people use
    Linux. Especially how many use Ubuntu.

    --
    It explains a lot. I've not heard of anyone I know, anywhere, buying XP,
    and I've not seen it sold whilst I've been in any shops.

  15. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Aug 4, 6:35*pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 15:01:59 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=15
    >

    > >> Lying DFS:

    > >> Ubunt != Linux != Ubuntu

    > >> Yes, there are.

    > >> Yes, it is

    > >> from my experience? Yes.

    > >> --
    > >> Rick

    > > The freezes are posted in the Ubuntu forum. There are several users
    > > having the problem.

    > There are several -Ubuntu- users having the problem. Compare that to the
    > number of Linuxx based systems NOT having the problem.
    >
    > --
    > Rick

    How do you know? Not everybody posts to a forum.
    Many will just stop using a linux.

    On Aug 4, 11:13*am, "Moshe Goldfarb." wrote:
    > On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 10:23:12 -0400, DFS wrote:
    > > "Has the freeze bug been definitely solved yet? Because I continue to have
    > > them daily....even three or four times a day. I would like a definite
    > > solution to this problem, because this has been going on for a long time now
    > > unsolved."

    > >http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=15

    > > But but but...

    > > * many eyes looking at the source code?
    > > * responsive developer "community"?
    > > * Linux is more stable than Windows?

    > What is happening is that more average people are trying Linux and the
    > dirty laundry is being aired out.
    >
    > In the past Linux was a toy for the geeks and the Linux loons would never
    > admit problems with Linux. When a new user would bring up a fault of Linux,
    > the loons would mobilize and discredit the poor user.
    > They still use that tactic however since many more average people are
    > trying Linux, the loons just look like idiots denying the problems and
    > squawking "works for me" etc...
    >
    > --
    > Moshe Goldfarb
    > Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    The are worse then that. They tell the users they are too stupid
    to run linux. The tell the users they have the wrong hardware,
    like a user is supposed to really know. They tell the user to
    try a different distro, a different GUI, like user has time
    to learn them all (gnome, kde, and on and one).

    Just make a great one with lots of options,
    instead of this buggy stuff.

    They attack and say a distro is not linux. When
    to a non technical person, a distro is linux. So
    this makes it really look like a GEEK language.

    They need to get involved in projects instead
    of lying and saying LINUX JUST WORKS.

    Well, unless they need wireless.

  17. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:21:58 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 4, 6:35┬*pm, Rick wrote:

    >> t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=15

    >> > The freezes are posted in the Ubuntu forum. There are several users
    >> > having the problem.

    >> There are several -Ubuntu- users having the problem. Compare that to
    >> the number of Linuxx based systems NOT having the problem.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    > How do you know? Not everybody posts to a forum. Many will just stop
    > using a linux.

    Where are all the reports from Red Hat, Fedora, Suse, opensuse, Mandriva,
    DLS, Puppy, etc users?

    And where are the reports older version Ubuntu users?

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Aug 4, 8:07*pm, Rick wrote:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 16:21:58 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > >> t=765510&highlight=freeze&page=15

    > >> There are several -Ubuntu- users having the problem. Compare that to
    > >> the number of Linuxx based systems NOT having the problem.

    > >> --
    > >> Rick

    > > How do you know? *Not everybody posts to a forum. Many will just stop
    > > using a linux.

    > Where are all the reports from Red Hat, Fedora, Suse, opensuse, Mandriva,
    > DLS, Puppy, etc users?
    >
    > And where are the reports older version Ubuntu users?
    >
    > --
    > Rick

    Why don't you go and get them..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

  19. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 17:08:59 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Aug 4, 8:07┬*pm, Rick wrote:

    >> > How do you know? ┬*Not everybody posts to a forum. Many will just stop
    >> > using a linux.

    >> Where are all the reports from Red Hat, Fedora, Suse, opensuse,
    >> Mandriva, DLS, Puppy, etc users?
    >>
    >> And where are the reports older version Ubuntu users?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Rick

    > Why don't you go and get them..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

    Idiot.
    --
    Rick

  20. Re: DFS can't tell the difference between Ubuntu and Linux.

    "Rick" stated in post
    1JydnZ0VmsdaBArVnZ2dnUVZ_qTinZ2d@supernews.com on 8/4/08 5:07 PM:

    >> How do you know? Not everybody posts to a forum. Many will just stop
    >> using a linux.

    > Where are all the reports from Red Hat, Fedora, Suse, opensuse, Mandriva,
    > DLS, Puppy, etc users?

    Maybe you can tell us - after all you have said you tried most of those
    before you - in your own words - "settled on PCLOS".

    > And where are the reports older version Ubuntu users?

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast