GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks! - Linux

This is a discussion on GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks! - Linux ; There is a thread about Pidgin being better then Microsoft Messenger, in COLA. GET THIS. At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. Biggest problem, OMG, you got it: The INTERFACE. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA! ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 56

  1. GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    There is a thread about Pidgin being better then Microsoft Messenger,
    in COLA. GET THIS.

    At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. Biggest problem, OMG,
    you got it: The INTERFACE.

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!

    Your own proof! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

  2. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    > PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. Â*Biggest problem, OMG,
    > you got it: Â*The INTERFACE.

    Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of the
    Linux OS.

    Get a clue.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  3. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    On Aug 3, 8:36*pm, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > There is a thread about Pidgin being better then Microsoft Messenger,
    > in COLA. *GET THIS.
    >
    > At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    > PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. *Biggest problem, OMG,
    > you got it: *The INTERFACE.
    >
    > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!
    >
    > Your own proof! *HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

    here is the site they use as proof!
    http://www.catswhocode.com/blog/os/w...sn-messenger-7

  4. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    On Aug 3, 8:40*pm, RonB wrote:
    > Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > > At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    > > PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. *Biggest problem, OMG,
    > > you got it: *The INTERFACE.

    > Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    > Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of the
    > Linux OS.
    >
    > Get a clue.
    >
    > --
    > RonB
    > "There's a story there...somewhere"

    Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.
    Thanks

  5. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > On Aug 3, 8:40*pm, RonB wrote:
    >> Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> > At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    >> > PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. *Biggest problem, OMG,
    >> > you got it: *The INTERFACE.

    >> Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    >> Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of the
    >> Linux OS.
    >>
    >> Get a clue.
    >>
    >> --
    >> RonB
    >> "There's a story there...somewhere"

    > Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.

    Please point out where he said gimp WASN'T part of the kernel.
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | |

  6. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" stated in post
    a5fc3bbc-bbfa-4ed3-8823-b56b82492dcb...oglegroups.com on 8/3/08
    5:47 PM:

    > On Aug 3, 8:40*pm, RonB wrote:
    >> Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>> At the bottom of the article are the linux guys saying that
    >>> PHOTOSHOP kicks GIMPS butt. *Biggest problem, OMG,
    >>> you got it: *The INTERFACE.

    >> Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    >> Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of the
    >> Linux OS.
    >>
    >> Get a clue.
    >>
    >> --
    >> RonB
    >> "There's a story there...somewhere"

    > Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.
    > Thanks

    You talked about "Linux guys" being the ones who generally use GIMP... and
    that confused RonB...

    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.

  7. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    On Aug 3, 8:54*pm, Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:

    > >> Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    > >> Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part ofthe
    > >> Linux OS.

    > >> Get a clue.

    > >> --
    > >> RonB
    > >> "There's a story there...somewhere"

    > > Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.

    > Please point out where he said gimp WASN'T part of the kernel.
    > --

    You might want to start trying decaf.

    HE SAID: And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of
    the
    Linux OS.

    I SAID: I never said it was.

    And your argument is that an infinity exclusion?
    what you smoking?

  8. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    On Aug 3, 9:00*pm, Snit wrote:
    > "Psyc Geek (TAB)" stated in post
    > a5fc3bbc-bbfa-4ed3-8823-b56b82492...@y21g2000hsf.googlegroups.com on 8/3/08
    > 5:47 PM:

    > >> Lot of people *love* Gimp. Me, I don't have a reason to use Gimp or
    > >> Photoshop. And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part ofthe
    > >> Linux OS.

    > >> Get a clue.

    > >> --
    > >> RonB
    > >> "There's a story there...somewhere"

    > > Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.
    > > Thanks

    > You talked about "Linux guys" being the ones who generally use GIMP... and
    > that confused RonB...
    >
    > --
    > You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.
    > - Mark Shuttleworth (founded Canonical Ltd. / Ubuntu Linux)

    right, sorry snit.

  9. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:

    >> > Please point out where I said GIMP is part of the Linux Kernel.

    >> Please point out where he said gimp WASN'T part of the kernel.

    > You might want to start trying decaf.
    >
    > HE SAID: And, this may come as a shock to you, Gimp is *not* part of the
    > Linux OS.
    >
    > I SAID: I never said it was.

    You said "please point out where I said GIMP was part of the linux kernel."
    I said "please point out where he said it wasn't".
    It isn't part of the kernel, he never said it was.
    He said it wasn't part of the OS.
    Notice the difference?

    > And your argument is that an infinity exclusion?

    Say again in english?

    > what you smoking?

    Tobacco, you?
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  10. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    > I said "please point out where he said it wasn't".

    you have no argument.
    it is an infinity omission debate.
    the topic is on what i never said.

  11. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 07:18:54 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > He doesn't. He does not even know if there was "usability testing" with The
    > Gimp, there are surveys, so in reality Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser wants to
    > install yet another Snot circus

    Peter Kohlmann lies once again.

    So if the public didn't want the Gimp UI fixed why is there a fork to fix
    it?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  12. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Rick" stated in post
    Tcadnct32pOL7gvVnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/3/08 8:10 PM:

    > Linux is not a company.

    Good to see you are learning!

    --
    It usually takes me more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu
    speech. -- Mark Twain

  13. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 07:18:54 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >

    >> He doesn't. He does not even know if there was "usability testing" with
    >> The Gimp, there are surveys, so in reality Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser
    >> wants to install yet another Snot circus

    > Peter Kohlmann lies once again.

    Certainly, flatfish, certainly...

    > So if the public didn't want the Gimp UI fixed why is there a fork to fix
    > it?

    Because they can.
    Nobody says anything about "public didn't want the Gimp UI fixed"

    You are making up your "arguments" on the spot, flatfish Gary Stewart
    --
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

  14. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser blubbered incoherently:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > Tcadnct32pOL7gvVnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/3/08 8:10 PM:
    >
    >> Linux is not a company.

    > Good to see you are learning!

    Good to see dishonest "Snot snipping" in full blaze
    --
    All things are possible, except skiing thru a revolving door.

  15. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    1udcpfz8vg3mf.12nkjv7hu5nzz$.dlg@40tude.net on 8/3/08 10:18 PM:

    >>> Of course not...
    >>> if it compiles it gets released.
    >>>
    >>> As for the UI the Gimp people were flooded with requests to change the UI
    >>> from the multiple floating Windows to something else.
    >>>
    >>> They ignored the requests.

    >> http://freshmeat.net/projects/gimpsh...ease_id=192296
    >>
    >> The usual suspects (flatfish, Snot Glxsser and other assorted filth) have no
    >> idea at all what they are blubbering about. Especially not the extremely
    >> stupid Snot Glxsser, who "loves to talk about linux" yet knows next to
    >> nothing about it

    > Thanks for proving my point.....
    >
    > That is a fork of the Gimp project.....
    > So WHY didn't the Gimp developers incorporate that into Gimp?
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > They ignored the community as usual..
    >
    > Again, thanks for proving my point....

    Peter Köhlmann singled me out - he thought that the fact there are enough
    people who dislike the GIMP UI that they are willing to just *copy* Adobe's
    work (which is sleazy, frankly) somehow goes against my *question* if GIMP
    folks have done the type research Adobe and others do?

    LOL!

    I bet Peter Köhlmann has athlete's tongue!

    --
    I think we [the folks who make Linux desktops] don't yet deliver a good
    enough user experience.

  16. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    48969151$0$11736$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 8/3/08 10:18 PM:

    >> Some people prefer floating windows. And, BTW, most of those floating
    >> windows can be docked.
    >>

    >>> I would like to know if there is any real effort to better its UI... an
    >>> effort that includes real usability testing, surveys, etc.

    >> Why do you want to know?
    >>

    > He doesn't. He does not even know if there was "usability testing" with The
    > Gimp, there are surveys, so in reality Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser wants to
    > install yet another Snot circus

    I do not know what type of usability testing was done with the GIMP> You
    are right about that.

    So here is a chance to show off your knowledge! Finally you can show you
    know something about the OSS world I do not. That would be grand!

    Of course I can use Google, too... so I bet I can find out as fast as you.

    Go!

    LOL!

    --
    But if you are somebody who is not too concerned about price, who is not too
    concerned about freedom, I don't think we can say the Linux desktop offers

  17. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    489691ff$0$11736$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 8/3/08 10:22 PM:

    >> That is a fork of the Gimp project.....
    >> So WHY didn't the Gimp developers incorporate that into Gimp?
    >>
    >> Why?

    > Simple: They obviously liked their design better. So do I, BTW.
    > This is what forks are for.

    So you liked the attempts to copy someone else's work more than the
    "original" work from the OSS community.

    I am not surprised.

    --
    Projects should really look to the whole Linux desktop and see how they can
    appeal to both sides.

  18. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    m6wosgph7xyi$.1p4ikiwt68gyg$.dlg@40tude.net on 8/3/08 10:22 PM:

    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 07:18:54 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >

    >> He doesn't. He does not even know if there was "usability testing" with The
    >> Gimp, there are surveys, so in reality Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser wants to
    >> install yet another Snot circus

    > Peter Kohlmann lies once again.
    >
    > So if the public didn't want the Gimp UI fixed why is there a fork to fix
    > it?

    Wait... Peter is right that I do not know what type of usability testing was
    done with the GIMP... but he shows no signs of knowing either.

    Doing a quick Google search I find this:

    A team of *four* people... and they spend "a month and a half evaluating
    GIMP". They have decided that adjustment layers are not needed and that
    layer modes have something "horribly wrong" in that "the best a user can do
    is scroll through the list of modes and see what happens". Meanwhile Adobe
    is focusing on usability testing to see what might be easier ways of dealing
    with layer modes (read their blog - they have talked about this).

    On and on... but nothing I saw talking about testing it with large numbers
    of people in any controlled way.

    Pretty much as I expected.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  19. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    4896938e$0$11736$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 8/3/08 10:28 PM:

    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> Tcadnct32pOL7gvVnZ2dnUVZ_jOdnZ2d@supernews.com on 8/3/08 8:10 PM:
    >>
    >>> Linux is not a company.

    >> Good to see you are learning!
    >>

    > Good to see dishonest "Snot snipping" in full blaze

    Rick's comments were not tried to what they were near... he just blurted it
    out. He does that a lot when he gets in over his head.

    Hey, did you find any info about Gimp's usability testing yet? LOL!

    --
    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and
    conscientious stupidity. -- Martin Luther King, Jr.

  20. Re: GIMP is terrible! Says Linux Geeks!

    Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser blubbered incoherently:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > 489691ff$0$11736$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 8/3/08 10:22 PM:
    >
    >>> That is a fork of the Gimp project.....
    >>> So WHY didn't the Gimp developers incorporate that into Gimp?
    >>>
    >>> Why?

    >> Simple: They obviously liked their design better. So do I, BTW.
    >> This is what forks are for.

    > So you liked the attempts to copy someone else's work more than the
    > "original" work from the OSS community.

    Your extremely bad reading comprehension problems rear their ugly head
    again, Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser
    What part of "I like the original Gimp design better" was too difficult for
    you?
    And since when is it "sleazy" (your words) to have a similar look as some
    other product?

    > I am not surprised.

    Neither am I. You read something and understand *nothing*

    All you do is interpret it in your own, totally faulty way and try to troll
    with your ignorance
    --
    "Last I checked, it wasn't the power cord for the Clue Generator that
    was sticking up your ass." - John Novak, rasfwrj

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast