[News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows - Linux ; "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message news:48976891$0$20712$9b4e6d93@newsspool4.arcor-online.net... > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted: > >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:10:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote: >> > > > >>> There is no "Moshe". His real ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78

  1. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:10:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    > < snip >
    >
    >>> There is no "Moshe". His real name is Gray Stewart and he's here to
    >>> annoy, insult and provoke. Don't let him get to you and assume
    >>> everything
    >>> he writes is a lie (they libel me endlessly).
    >>>

    >> Same old lack of proof from Schestowitz..
    >>
    >> My name IS Moshe

    > Certainly, flatfish Gary Stewart, certainly...

    So you have proof that Moshe Goldfarb is somebody named Gary Stewart. You
    have actual proof don't you.

    Once I see the proof then I will believe you and agree with you. Until then
    you are little more than a blowhard that makes false accusations with
    absolutely zero evidence to back up anything you say.

  2. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:53:46 -0400
    <587d7$48976c5b$3860@news.teranews.com>:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:10:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>

    >> < snip >

    >>> Same old lack of proof from Schestowitz..
    >>>
    >>> My name IS Moshe

    >> Certainly, flatfish Gary Stewart, certainly...

    > So you have proof that Moshe Goldfarb is somebody named Gary Stewart. You
    > have actual proof don't you.

    I'd be surprised. Moshe in particular has kept this
    particular nym for several months. IINM Flatfish rarely
    kept a nym for more than a couple of weeks, and usually
    uses things such as Wendy Toiletwater (differentiating
    him from, say, Mister Chemical-Name-Man).

    There are also subtle language differences. I'm frankly
    not sure I can put it much better than that, but flatfish
    in particular liked to go on about professional audio
    tools; Moshe does not bother.

    > Once I see the proof then I will believe you and agree with you. Until then
    > you are little more than a blowhard that makes false accusations with
    > absolutely zero evidence to back up anything you say.

    It is not difficult to contemplate a rather nasty botnet
    whose sole purpose in life is to download and run an
    executable module from a botnet job server; said module
    could do almost anything -- including post to Usenet.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. The choice of a GNU generation.
    Windows. The choice of a bunch of people who like very weird behavior on
    a regular basis, random crashes, and "extend, embrace, and extinguish".

  3. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 16:53:46 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" wrote in message
    >> The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >>
    >>> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:10:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>>

    >> < snip >

    >>> Same old lack of proof from Schestowitz..
    >>>
    >>> My name IS Moshe

    >> Certainly, flatfish Gary Stewart, certainly...

    > So you have proof that Moshe Goldfarb is somebody named Gary Stewart. You
    > have actual proof don't you.
    >
    > Once I see the proof then I will believe you and agree with you. Until then
    > you are little more than a blowhard that makes false accusations with
    > absolutely zero evidence to back up anything you say.

    Kohlmann has absolutely no proof of anything.
    He just spouts the same garbage over and over again.

    That's what makes Peter Kohlmann so much fun to watch!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Roy Schestowitz espoused:

    > ____/ Felmon on Monday 04 August 2008 17:54 : \____
    >
    >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:39:23 +0000, Roy Schestowitz quoth:

    >>> It's just one population. It would be bogus statistics, unless you study
    >>> just E-bay users in Germany alone.

    >> I suppose it is impossible to get reliable statistics about this matter,
    >> at least every figure is open to reasonable dispute. but I was curious
    >> whether anyone knows the scene a bit, my only contribution being I figure
    >> something must be going on in Germany given what I see on the newstands.
    >>
    >> but not in the university I know which at least in the humanities is all
    >> Windows on the desktop though the server is some kind of Linux, I forget
    >> which.
    >>
    >> Felmon

    > Don't forget the tablets, the terminals, routers, PDAs, phones, computing
    > cluster etc. The desktop is just one among many apparatuses that connect to
    > the Net or perform some function on a processor (desktop processors, notably
    > those x86 chips, only make up about 2% of the world's processors).

    All the interest I hear about is on Mac and Linux. Apple have done
    themselves great favours through the success of the iPod, and offering
    generally attractive products. Mrs Mark's parents are using Apple OSX and
    Linux and are very happy with them, previously, they'd been on Windows,
    but were sick of the general unreliability of the system and explicitly
    asked me to suggest something more reliable.

    The only people I hear pushing Windows these days are those whose career
    or job depends on it. Everyone else has given up on it.

  5. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Peter Köhlmann espoused:
    > The racist, liar and software thief Gary Stewart (flatfish) nymshifted:
    >
    >> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:10:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >>

    >< snip >
    >
    >>> There is no "Moshe". His real name is Gray Stewart and he's here to
    >>> annoy, insult and provoke. Don't let him get to you and assume everything
    >>> he writes is a lie (they libel me endlessly).
    >>>

    >> Same old lack of proof from Schestowitz..
    >>
    >> My name IS Moshe

    > Certainly, flatfish Gary Stewart, certainly...

    He's also a homophobe, as well as having used scores of nyms that we
    know of, plus probably many we've never found out about.

    One of his standard tricks is to x-post into other groups in the hope of
    starting a flame-war. Another is throwing random insults about in the
    hope of upsetting someone into a debate.

    The best thing to do with Gary is to killfile him. Oh, he'll be nice to
    you for a little while, be he'll be bored with that in no time - please
    don't be fooled.

  6. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Tony(UK) espoused:
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:02:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    >> "as you know" - this has sock written all over it.

    > I'll leave the use of these to others. Don't assume. Thank you for your attention.
    > My Usenet name is Tony(UK) and has been since 1994. Prick.
    > Anyway, don't stick your nose into other people's business.
    > I was answering Gary/Flatfish/Moshe whatever his name is.

    Ah, you're getting the baptism of fire, here, Tony. Gary is his real
    name, this chap is called, I believe, Schneider. Hadron, Gary, and
    their ilk will do anything to trawl you into an argument. They are
    profoundly dishonest.

    >> For goodness, sake for every Linux user that "boycotts" the BBC there
    >> are probably 10 Windows one who do the same for whatever mad cap reason.
    >>

    > Err, and your point is what exactly? Mad cap reason? I won't elaborate, as there is no point as you come from
    > outside the UK, but it has to do with STM, capping and iPlayer ISP battles about bandwidth. Please don't
    > pretend you know what goes on here as you don't care, so don't try to argue.

    >>> The BBC is /was/ revered and respected around the world - that doesn't
    >>> necessarily mean the people living in the UK hold the same views about
    >>> it anymore.

    >> Don't be ridiculous.

    > I wasn't - actually, I was making a statement. Just because you don't agree, it is 'ridiculous' is it?
    > Live in the UK for 53 years. Then see what is ridiculous and what isn't.
    >>

    >>> As an aside, I note your use of the word 'Retard' in previous threads,
    >>> and your subsequent apology. I am disabled myself, and appreciate that
    >>> it is easy to use these words in anger, but harder to acknowledge that
    >>> it is wrong to do so. Thank you for doing that.

    >> "Retard" in this sense means "retarded" not disabled. There is a
    >> difference.

    > Now, that /is/ ridiculous. A retard means (in the context that it was written):
    > 2. A mentally retarded person. [Colloq. and disparaging] [PJC]
    > From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48
    > .....which is a disability - and I know far, far more on than that subject than you'll ever know.
    > Now shut it.
    >
    > Tony(UK)

    tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

  7. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:08:12 +0000, Roy Schestowitz quoth:

    > Don't forget the tablets, the terminals, routers, PDAs, phones, computing
    > cluster etc. The desktop is just one among many apparatuses that connect to
    > the Net or perform some function on a processor (desktop processors, notably
    > those x86 chips, only make up about 2% of the world's processors).

    true enough but I work on the 'desktop' and sure would like to see more
    Linux here.

    do you have any feelers for the German situation? I'm wondering who's
    buying those magazines.

    Felmon

  8. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Tony(UK) espoused:

    >> Aha. A retarded, foul mouthed sock. Welcome. You will fit in well in
    >> COLA in your new guise.

    > Twice now you've called me that - I do get cross when people are both aggressive and ignorant. It's easy to
    > check me out. Type in Disability Freeware into Google, and find me there. If you still believe I am a sock, then I

    Tony, please, you're being trolled. Just killfile him, his only goal
    here is to get you to respond, ideally, as angrily as he can, and he's
    winning. Don't let him win - you win by ignoring him - killfile!

  9. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Mark Kent wrote:
    > Tony(UK) espoused:

    >>> Aha. A retarded, foul mouthed sock. Welcome. You will fit in well in
    >>> COLA in your new guise.

    >> Twice now you've called me that - I do get cross when people are both aggressive and ignorant. It's easy to
    >> check me out. Type in Disability Freeware into Google, and find me there. If you still believe I am a sock, then I

    > Tony, please, you're being trolled. Just killfile him, his only goal
    > here is to get you to respond, ideally, as angrily as he can, and he's
    > winning. Don't let him win - you win by ignoring him - killfile!

    IAWTP. Hardon Quick blows his wad every time anyone calls into question
    his beloved bbc.co.uk browser usage stats. Ignore the pos.

  10. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    >I'd be surprised.

    Umm... He's admitted that he's flat****.

  11. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Tony(UK) wrote:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:01:08 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >> Is that you Liarnut?

    > Oh, for heaven's sake - I will not be answering any more of this drivel. I am Tony(UK) since 1994, and am
    > disabled. You however, are one stubborn person, and please do not try to make me argue. I know who I am -
    > now, who the heck are you?
    >
    > Out.

    He's "True Linux Advocate" Hardon Quick, a lame ass troll with
    personality confusion disorder. Anyone who agrees with him must be a
    sock for somebody else cos his little trollie brain can't cope with it.

  12. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:

    > tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    > response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    > unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    > more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    > There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

    Thanks for that Mark - I'm learning fast. But I /use/ Linux of many flavours, and have explained my reasons for
    being here - which is a lot more than some [contributors] here have.

    I'm not going away, but I'll not be drawn in. I'm me, so I guess I'm going to enjoy my stay!

    All the best,

    Tony(UK)

  13. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Tony(UK) wrote:

    > I know who I am - now, who the heck are you?

    "Hadron" Quack is just a trolling asshole trying to get a rise out of
    you. I'd suggest filtering-out his garbage.

  14. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    some idiot forging Tony(UK) wrote:

    >(snip)

    For Christ's sake, grow up.

  15. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    "Tony(UK)" writes:

    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    >> response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    >> unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    >> more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    >> There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

    > Thanks for that Mark - I'm learning fast. But I /use/ Linux of many flavours, and have explained my reasons for
    > being here - which is a lot more than some [contributors] here have.
    >
    > I'm not going away, but I'll not be drawn in. I'm me, so I guess I'm
    > going to enjoy my stay!

    "I'm me"! Wow! An induhvidual who has gone to the Mark side. (star wars music).

  16. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:57:59 +0000, Tony(UK) wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    >> response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    >> unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    >> more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    >> There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

    > Thanks for that Mark - I'm learning fast. But I /use/ Linux of many
    > flavours, and have explained my reasons for being here - which is a lot
    > more than some [contributors] here have.
    >
    > I'm not going away, but I'll not be drawn in. I'm me, so I guess I'm going
    > to enjoy my stay!

    Hello, Tony! If you want to know which posters are the trolls, they're
    listed here: http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/

    > All the best,
    >
    > Tony(UK)

    :-)

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  17. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

  18. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    * The Ghost In The Machine peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > There are also subtle language differences. I'm frankly
    > not sure I can put it much better than that, but flatfish
    > in particular liked to go on about professional audio
    > tools; Moshe does not bother.

    You missed some of his posts, then, Ghost.

    It doesn't matter, though. The lot of them are inveterate, shameless,
    and insulting liars.

    --
    HOW TO PROVE IT, PART 1
    proof by example:

  19. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    Tony(UK) espoused:
    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    >> response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    >> unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    >> more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    >> There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

    > Thanks for that Mark - I'm learning fast. But I /use/ Linux of many flavours, and have explained my reasons for
    > being here - which is a lot more than some [contributors] here have.

    You're welcome sir! I'm very happy to see you here, and I agree very
    much with your remarks elsewhere that linux offers a great opportunity
    for customisation to all kinds of different needs and requirements at
    very reasonable expense.

    > I'm not going away, but I'll not be drawn in. I'm me, so I guess I'm going to enjoy my stay!

    Have fun, there are some very good folk here who will be happy to engage
    in a positive way. You would do no worse than to talk to Roy, Homer,
    Nessuno, William Poaster, Mark Bilk, Greycloud when he passes through,
    Roy Culley on the rare occasions he pops up, Phil da Lick, and many
    others.

    See my .sig for the cola trolls blog which someone (I know not who) set
    up and lists many of the worst characters. Or just hang around for a
    while, you'll see who spews hatred and vitriol, and who purveys
    insinuation and dispute, who upholds the charter, and who wilfully
    breaks it on a regular basis.

    cola can be fun...

  20. Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:57:59 GMT, Tony(UK) wrote:

    > On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:55:56 +0100, Mark Kent wrote:
    >
    >> tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
    >> response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
    >> unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever. You will not meet a
    >> more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
    >> There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

    > Thanks for that Mark - I'm learning fast. But I /use/ Linux of many flavours, and have explained my reasons for
    > being here - which is a lot more than some [contributors] here have.
    >
    > I'm not going away, but I'll not be drawn in. I'm me, so I guess I'm going to enjoy my stay!
    >
    > All the best,
    >
    > Tony(UK)

    First off Gary Stewert is not my real name, Mark Kent and the other Linux
    hypocrites know that full well.
    Ask them to offer proof of their claims and watch them scatter like roaches
    when the lights are turned on.

    As for Mark Kent, he has the title of COLA's biggest hypocrite.
    Mark Kent has gone on record as stating that their is no such thing as
    intellectual property and he is a rabid zealot whenever that topic comes
    up.

    Mark Kent earns his living using propriatary solutions and IP by day but
    yet by night he is a rabid zealot against that practice.
    He also expects others to do what he himself doen't do. IOW he doesn't
    practice what he preaches and thus is a hypocrite.

    Here is a little about Mark Kent:

    "At BT Global, our crown jewels are the services we supply to our
    customers. With jNetX we own the intellectual property for our services,
    allowing us to evolve the services as and when required."

    Mark Kent
    Head of Technology Strategy

    http://www.jnetx.com/index.php?id=products

    https://solutionfinder.microsoft.com...10ba73b82dbdb4

    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...dbox_Demo.pptx

    BTW if you want to know about these so called Linux *advocates* visit

    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

    It's not my site but it has some good information on the Linux loons that
    inhabit COLA.

    Good luck!