Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past - Linux

This is a discussion on Screen/Area Capture in Ubuntu 8.x = back to the past - Linux ; On 2008-07-31, JEDIDIAH wrote: > On 2008-07-31, Hadron wrote: >> Johan Lindquist writes: >> >>> So anyway, it was like, 15:18 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah, >>> Hadron was all like, "Dude, >>>> Johan Lindquist writes: ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 62

  1. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On 2008-07-31, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-07-31, Hadron wrote:
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 15:18 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >>> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> Shame, and I know you of all people really wanted one too! You might
    >>> have some luck browsing the used items on ebay or something.

    >> We'll take that as a tacit apology then ....

    This keyboard is still advertised at the manufacturer's website
    and available online. All you have to do is search for "linux"
    at their website. (easier than finding stuff at Dell or HP)

    --

    Truth is irrelevant as long as the predictions are good. |||
    / | \

  2. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Johan Lindquist writes:

    > So anyway, it was like, 15:54 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 15:18 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >>> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> Shame, and I know you of all people really wanted one too! You might
    >>> have some luck browsing the used items on ebay or something.

    >> We'll take that as a tacit apology then ....

    > For what? Finding a product that fulfills the requirements but
    > happen to be out of stock with the first random reseller you happen
    > to stumble upon in your vain desire to poke a stick in my general
    > direction?
    >
    > I find your lack of research.. totally expected.
    >
    >> I'll bet you none of the COLA "advocates" have one.

    > I won't take that bet. I didn't even know it existed until I searched
    > for one on a lark after reading the post by "Ghost" that I replied
    > to, and it does seem to be hard to find one for sale. (Cue a bunch of
    > trolls posting about Linux market share right here.)
    >
    >> Me?

    > I /know/ you don't have one, though. And even if they were readily
    > available in stores, you wouldn't go out and buy one right this minute
    > either, despite your apparent interest in the subject.

    No. I would not buy one. Why would I want a kbd with a Penguin on it?

    --
    "Well we know Quack is an inveterate liar & troll with no credibility, so
    you cannot take *anything* he says as being true."

  3. Re: Linux Screenshots

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-07-31, Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Well, you used to be able to buy penguin keycaps to replace the windows
    >>> keys. Dunno if whoever made them still do though.

    >> I think the Cherry one tanked because of lack of support and buggy
    >> drivers.
    >>
    >> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9164303,00.htm

    > It's a KEYBOARD.
    >
    > What drivers?
    >
    > [deletia]

    Please do your own research.

    --
    "Well we know Quack is an inveterate liar & troll with no credibility, so
    you cannot take *anything* he says as being true."
    -- William Poaster showing his love for Hadron despite claiming never to read his posts in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  4. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>> I think the Cherry one tanked because of lack of support and buggy
    >>> drivers.
    >>>
    >>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9164303,00.htm

    >> It's a KEYBOARD.
    >>
    >> What drivers?

    > ROTFL!
    > Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >
    > By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    Really?

    How about the fact that you think its big and clever to tell everyone
    you have a BSc in CS? Now that IS funny.

    --
    "Well we know Quack is an inveterate liar & troll with no credibility, so
    you cannot take *anything* he says as being true."
    -- William Poaster showing his love for Hadron despite claiming never to read his posts in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  5. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:11:02 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Johan Lindquist writes:
    >
    >> So anyway, it was like, 15:54 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and,
    >> yeah, Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    tastaturen_g83-6188_linux.htm>

    >>> We'll take that as a tacit apology then ....

    >> For what? Finding a product that fulfills the requirements but happen
    >> to be out of stock with the first random reseller you happen to stumble
    >> upon in your vain desire to poke a stick in my general direction?
    >>
    >> I find your lack of research.. totally expected.
    >>
    >>> I'll bet you none of the COLA "advocates" have one.

    >> I won't take that bet. I didn't even know it existed until I searched
    >> for one on a lark after reading the post by "Ghost" that I replied to,
    >> and it does seem to be hard to find one for sale. (Cue a bunch of
    >> trolls posting about Linux market share right here.)
    >>
    >>> Me?

    >> I /know/ you don't have one, though. And even if they were readily
    >> available in stores, you wouldn't go out and buy one right this minute
    >> either, despite your apparent interest in the subject.

    > No. I would not buy one. Why would I want a kbd with a Penguin on it?

    Why do you want one with a Windows key?

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Hadron wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> It's a KEYBOARD.
    >>>
    >>> What drivers?

    >> ROTFL!
    >> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>
    >> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    Then you didn't hear Homer say musicians shouldn't be paid for their
    recorded music.

    > Really?

    uh oh. Now spike will slink and admit his cluelessness.

    Also: http://www.google.com/search?q=Cherry+keyboard+drivers

    > How about the fact that you think its big and clever to tell everyone
    > you have a BSc in CS? Now that IS funny.

    Andrew, how about a list of course names/numbers and your grades? Don't be
    bashful - here are mine from grad school:

    BA 601, Linear Algebra and Calculus, B
    BA 605, Statistics, B
    BA 821, Microeconomics, B
    BA 822, Applied Decision Sciences, B
    BA 823, Managerial Accounting, C
    BA 841, Organizational Behavior, A
    BA 842, Business Law, B
    BA 862, Corporation Finance, B
    BA 865, Operations Management, B
    BA 866, Macroeconomics, C
    BA 899, Business Policy, A
    DSc 802, Intro. to Decision Support Science, B
    DSc 830, Linear Regression Analysis, A
    FI 820, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt., A
    FI 821, Seminar in Investment Mgmt., A
    FI 825, Investing in Speculative Markets, A
    FI 831, Financial Mgmt. of Operations, A
    FI 832, Corporate Capital Structure, A
    FI 844, Commercial Loan Management, A
    FI 890, Mathematical Programming in Finance, C

    They didn't invite me into the Ph.D. program.

  7. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:18:13 +0200, Johan Lindquist wrote:

    > So anyway, it was like, 15:54 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > Hadron was all like, "Dude,
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 15:18 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and,
    >>> yeah, Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> Shame, and I know you of all people really wanted one too! You might
    >>> have some luck browsing the used items on ebay or something.

    >> We'll take that as a tacit apology then ....

    > For what? Finding a product that fulfills the requirements but happen to
    > be out of stock with the first random reseller you happen to stumble upon
    > in your vain desire to poke a stick in my general direction?
    >
    > I find your lack of research.. totally expected.
    >
    >> I'll bet you none of the COLA "advocates" have one.

    > I won't take that bet. I didn't even know it existed until I searched for
    > one on a lark after reading the post by "Ghost" that I replied to, and it
    > does seem to be hard to find one for sale. (Cue a bunch of trolls posting
    > about Linux market share right here.)

    Then Quack would lose his bet. I have two Cherry CyMotion Master Linux
    keyboards, which I bought from Dabs.com in 2006.

    >> Me?

    > I /know/ you don't have one, though. And even if they were readily
    > available in stores, you wouldn't go out and buy one right this minute
    > either, despite your apparent interest in the subject.

    Of course he wouldn't, he doesn't use linux.

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  8. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Hadron wrote:
    > Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> It's a KEYBOARD.
    >>>
    >>> What drivers?

    >> ROTFL!
    >> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>
    >> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    > Really?

    Perhaps it doesn't compile, because it's not been updated because it is
    OBSOLETE perhaps? Wouldn't be at all surprised it the thing only compiled
    against 2.2 kernels or something...

    A small google came up with

    I haven't actually tried installing the software, as I'm
    content with just the usual keys, although I did notice
    that some of the extra keys worked with Kubuntu out of
    the box (like volume, other media buttons, email, web
    browser etc.).

    Who's to bet ALL the keys are detected and just waiting for xmodmap to
    activate the ones that aren't already active...

    Idiot.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  9. Re: Linux Screenshots

    William Poaster wrote:

    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:18:13 +0200, Johan Lindquist wrote:
    >
    >> So anyway, it was like, 15:54 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    >> Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    >>> We'll take that as a tacit apology then ....

    >> For what? Finding a product that fulfills the requirements but happen to
    >> be out of stock with the first random reseller you happen to stumble upon
    >> in your vain desire to poke a stick in my general direction?
    >>
    >> I find your lack of research.. totally expected.
    >>
    >>> I'll bet you none of the COLA "advocates" have one.

    >> I won't take that bet. I didn't even know it existed until I searched for
    >> one on a lark after reading the post by "Ghost" that I replied to, and it
    >> does seem to be hard to find one for sale. (Cue a bunch of trolls posting
    >> about Linux market share right here.)

    > Then Quack would lose his bet. I have two Cherry CyMotion Master Linux
    > keyboards, which I bought from Dabs.com in 2006.

    These are just the first 4 links I found, in just 5 minutes.
    There were more. Hadron Quark, the "ture linux advocate" certainly has
    outdone himself on this one

    >>> Me?

    >> I /know/ you don't have one, though. And even if they were readily
    >> available in stores, you wouldn't go out and buy one right this minute
    >> either, despite your apparent interest in the subject.

    > Of course he wouldn't, he doesn't use linux.

    And never has. He is still nearly as clueless as Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser
    about it
    --
    Microsoft: which revised Eula do you want to accept today?

  10. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> ROTFL!
    >>> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>>
    >>> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    >> Really?

    > Perhaps it doesn't compile, because it's not been updated because it is
    > OBSOLETE perhaps? Wouldn't be at all surprised it the thing only compiled
    > against 2.2 kernels or something...
    >
    > A small google came up with
    >
    > I haven't actually tried installing the software, as I'm
    > content with just the usual keys, although I did notice
    > that some of the extra keys worked with Kubuntu out of
    > the box (like volume, other media buttons, email, web
    > browser etc.).
    >
    > Who's to bet ALL the keys are detected and just waiting for xmodmap to
    > activate the ones that aren't already active...
    >
    > Idiot.

    "xev" is another command Hadron Quark has never heard of.
    But then, he is just a "true linux advocate"

    It takes far less time to generate your very own xmodmap and assign the keys
    to commands than to install that ****ing terabyte monster windows keyboard
    driver for the very same keyboard
    --
    Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
    If it starts working, we'll fix it. Pronto.

  11. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 14:26:24 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Frankly I like the idea of a Penguin Key. If Apple is not going to give me
    >>> my apple then, damn it, I want a penguin! Is that too much to ask?

    >> Well, you used to be able to buy penguin keycaps to replace the windows
    >> keys. Dunno if whoever made them still do though.

    > I think the Cherry one tanked because of lack of support and buggy
    > drivers.
    >
    > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9164303,00.htm
    >
    > There we a lot of fanfare from Geeky blogs but as usual hardly anyone
    > actually purchased it.

    That seems to be a well established pattern in the Linux community.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  12. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:17:52 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> It's a KEYBOARD.
    >>>
    >>> What drivers?

    >> ROTFL!
    >> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>
    >> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    > Really?

    > How about the fact that you think its big and clever to tell everyone
    > you have a BSc in CS? Now that IS funny.

    Andrew Halliwell is going down the drain faster than yesterday's pasta.

    Amazing how ignorant this guy is.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Linux Screenshots

    "Andrew Halliwell" stated in post
    oem8m5-po6.ln1@ponder.sky.com on 7/31/08 5:06 AM:

    > Snit wrote:
    >>> I doubt there's a keyboard with a Linux key, though one
    >>> could probably retrofit an existing keyboard easily enough,
    >>> assuming somebody sells molded keycaps with a little
    >>> penguin on them, or a little decal (the Dell keyboard looks
    >>> like one could scrape off the logo with a bit of work).

    >> Frankly I like the idea of a Penguin Key. If Apple is not going to give me
    >> my apple then, damn it, I want a penguin! Is that too much to ask?

    > Well, you used to be able to buy penguin keycaps to replace the windows
    > keys. Dunno if whoever made them still do though.

    I am sure *someone* still makes them... well, I would assume so.

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  14. Re: Linux Screenshots

    On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 11:35:56 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> ROTFL!
    >>> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>>
    >>> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    > Then you didn't hear Homer say musicians shouldn't be paid for their
    > recorded music.

    [Homer] is just another radical loon who refuses to pay for anything.

    >> Really?

    > uh oh. Now spike will slink and admit his cluelessness.
    >
    > Also: http://www.google.com/search?q=Cherry+keyboard+drivers

    Or go on the attack, which is his other method of reacting when his idiocy
    is pointed out.

    >> How about the fact that you think its big and clever to tell everyone
    >> you have a BSc in CS? Now that IS funny.

    > Andrew, how about a list of course names/numbers and your grades? Don't be
    > bashful - here are mine from grad school:
    >
    > BA 601, Linear Algebra and Calculus, B
    > BA 605, Statistics, B
    > BA 821, Microeconomics, B
    > BA 822, Applied Decision Sciences, B
    > BA 823, Managerial Accounting, C
    > BA 841, Organizational Behavior, A
    > BA 842, Business Law, B
    > BA 862, Corporation Finance, B
    > BA 865, Operations Management, B
    > BA 866, Macroeconomics, C
    > BA 899, Business Policy, A
    > DSc 802, Intro. to Decision Support Science, B
    > DSc 830, Linear Regression Analysis, A
    > FI 820, Investment Analysis & Portfolio Mgmt., A
    > FI 821, Seminar in Investment Mgmt., A
    > FI 825, Investing in Speculative Markets, A
    > FI 831, Financial Mgmt. of Operations, A
    > FI 832, Corporate Capital Structure, A
    > FI 844, Commercial Loan Management, A
    > FI 890, Mathematical Programming in Finance, C
    >
    > They didn't invite me into the Ph.D. program.

    Maybe Schestowitz can put in a good word for you.
    That must be one hell of a candy program over there for him to have all
    this time to SPAM.

    But then again, he's been languishing in school for many years so maybe
    it's a somewhat challenging program.

    Or, maybe Schestowitz is just not too bright.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  15. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Rick writes:

    > On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:11:02 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Johan Lindquist writes:
    >>
    >>> So anyway, it was like, 15:54 CEST Jul 31 2008, you know? Oh, and,
    >>> yeah, Hadron was all like, "Dude,

    > tastaturen_g83-6188_linux.htm>

    >>> For what? Finding a product that fulfills the requirements but happen
    >>> to be out of stock with the first random reseller you happen to stumble
    >>> upon in your vain desire to poke a stick in my general direction?
    >>>
    >>> I find your lack of research.. totally expected.

    >>> I won't take that bet. I didn't even know it existed until I searched
    >>> for one on a lark after reading the post by "Ghost" that I replied to,
    >>> and it does seem to be hard to find one for sale. (Cue a bunch of
    >>> trolls posting about Linux market share right here.)

    >>> I /know/ you don't have one, though. And even if they were readily
    >>> available in stores, you wouldn't go out and buy one right this minute
    >>> either, despite your apparent interest in the subject.

    >> No. I would not buy one. Why would I want a kbd with a Penguin on it?

    > Why do you want one with a Windows key?

    I don't. But they tend to be everywhere and cheaper. I tried to buy a
    standard cherry without one. The local stores didnt have one. Easy
    really.

  16. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Andrew Halliwell writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> ROTFL!
    >>> Did hadron REALLY say a KEYBOARD tanked cos of lack of drivers?!
    >>>
    >>> By eck, I've never heard anything so ****ing stupid.

    >> Really?

    > Perhaps it doesn't compile, because it's not been updated because it is
    > OBSOLETE perhaps? Wouldn't be at all surprised it the thing only compiled
    > against 2.2 kernels or something...
    >
    > A small google came up with

    That when the kbd was released it had drivers. That did not work
    properly in some cases. And helped it tank.

    Look, you were wrong. Admit it. It's not so hard to do.

  17. Re: Linux Screenshots

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Johan Lindquist

    wrote
    on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 15:04:48 +0200
    :
    > So anyway, it was like, 03:42 CEST Jul 30 2008, you know? Oh, and, yeah,
    > The Ghost In The Machine was all like, "Dude,
    >
    >> I doubt there's a keyboard with a Linux key [..]

    > I find your lack of faith.. disturbing.

    Interesting, though I'm not in Germany. ;-) Still, there's hope.

    Now if only I could figure out why that woman is holding a model
    of a shopping cart....

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of
    elderberries!" - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

  18. Re: Linux Screenshots

    Hadron wrote:
    > That when the kbd was released it had drivers. That did not work
    > properly in some cases. And helped it tank.

    Some cases being a current (or very recent, being Gutsy) distro...
    Did you really think a driver for a 2.2 would compile for a 2.6?
    | in |good to you so far... |

  19. Re: Linux Screenshots

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Thu, 31 Jul 2008 19:24:52 +0200
    :
    > Rick writes:

    >> tastaturen_g83-6188_linux.htm>

    >>> No. I would not buy one. Why would I want a kbd with a Penguin on it?

    >> Why do you want one with a Windows key?

    > I don't.

    Most people do. It matches the OS, and Microsoft can use
    that key for certain functionality.

    > But they tend to be everywhere and cheaper.

    Economies of scale.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    /dev/signature: No such file or directory

  20. Re: Linux Screenshots

    * Peter Köhlmann peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >> Hadron wrote:

    > "xev" is another command Hadron Quark has never heard of.
    > But then, he is just a "true linux advocate"
    >
    > It takes far less time to generate your very own xmodmap and assign the keys
    > to commands than to install that ****ing terabyte monster windows keyboard
    > driver for the very same keyboard

    I use xbindkeys with my Microsoft ergo keyboard. It weighs in at a
    hefty 38K. Of course, it uses a few other already-present shared
    libraries.

    (Cue Hadron to tell me what I hypocrite and fraud I am for having bought
    a Microsoft keyboard. Two of them! )

    --
    momentum, n.:
    What you give a person when they are going away.