Moving to Fedora just one year ago - Linux

This is a discussion on Moving to Fedora just one year ago - Linux ; Just last year, a user blogged the below content. I am so sure that users are dying to learn to mount partitions in the fstab file. GEESE. Oh, right, wrong distro, wrong hardware, wrong day. Linux! It just works, some ...

  1. Moving to Fedora just one year ago

    Just last year, a user blogged the below content. I am so sure that
    users are dying to learn to mount partitions in the fstab file.
    GEESE.
    Oh, right, wrong distro, wrong hardware, wrong day. Linux! It just
    works,
    some of the time. Maybe the distro's should work together.
    http://www.decodephp.com/2007/09/12/...ourney-begins/

    Once the look and feel become something to which I was accustomed ,
    Now I wanted to mount my other 2 hard drives and make my XP bootable
    as well from my Linux GRUB loader. So I searched around and found the
    answer for Duel botting , I edited to my /boot/grub/grub.conf and
    added this to the end.

    title Windows XP
    map (hd0) (hd1)
    map (hd1) (hd0)
    rootnoverify (hd1,0)
    chainloader +1

    to make my NTFS partitions on my other 2 hard drives mounted at boot
    time , i created folders in /mnt folder and added the below to my /etc/
    fstab file

    /dev/sdc1 /mnt/C-Drive ntfs-3g
    defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdc5 /mnt/D-Drive ntfs-3g
    defaults 0 0
    /dev/sdc6 /mnt/E-Drive ntfs-3g
    defaults 0 0

  2. Re: Moving to Fedora just one year ago

    On 2008-07-29, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > Just last year, a user blogged the below content. I am so sure that
    > users are dying to learn to mount partitions in the fstab file.
    > GEESE.

    Well: use a BETA SERVER distro, get the HP/UX treatment...

    [deletia]

    This is by no means a case of badly managed expecations.

    --
    How did irc manage to get so pretentious about civility |||
    of discourse when it doesn't even allow for the free and / | \

  3. Re: Moving to Fedora just one year ago

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:53:40 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Just last year, a user blogged the below content. I am so sure that
    > users are dying to learn to mount partitions in the fstab file.
    > GEESE.
    > Oh, right, wrong distro, wrong hardware, wrong day. Linux! It just
    > works,
    > some of the time. Maybe the distro's should work together.
    > http://www.decodephp.com/2007/09/12/...ourney-begins/
    >
    > Once the look and feel become something to which I was accustomed ,
    > Now I wanted to mount my other 2 hard drives and make my XP bootable
    > as well from my Linux GRUB loader. So I searched around and found the
    > answer for Duel botting , I edited to my /boot/grub/grub.conf and
    > added this to the end.
    >
    > title Windows XP
    > map (hd0) (hd1)
    > map (hd1) (hd0)
    > rootnoverify (hd1,0)
    > chainloader +1
    >
    > to make my NTFS partitions on my other 2 hard drives mounted at boot
    > time , i created folders in /mnt folder and added the below to my /etc/
    > fstab file
    >
    > /dev/sdc1 /mnt/C-Drive ntfs-3g
    > defaults 0 0
    > /dev/sdc5 /mnt/D-Drive ntfs-3g
    > defaults 0 0
    > /dev/sdc6 /mnt/E-Drive ntfs-3g
    > defaults 0 0

    PCLinuxOS put 2 different entries for my Windows partition in the Grub
    loader file so I couldn't boot Windows.
    I spent almost a week trying to figure out what was wrong.
    Removing the incorrect one fixed the problem.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread