FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored - Linux

This is a discussion on FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored - Linux ; Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots of people may help, and then just dies. http://www.brim-project.org/ I guess he got tired of doing something and getting no help. I noticed the Mepis distro is looking ...

  1. FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots
    of people may help, and then just dies.

    http://www.brim-project.org/

    I guess he got tired of doing something and getting no help.

    I noticed the Mepis distro is looking shappy. I guess he needed some
    donations or a Job.

    If it is not company sponsored,many of the bigger projects seem to die
    off.

    DIE, DIE, DIE.....

  2. Re: FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    On Jul 29, 11:31*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots
    > of people may help, and then just dies.
    >
    > http://www.brim-project.org/
    >
    > I guess he got tired of doing something and getting no help.
    >
    > I noticed the Mepis distro is looking shappy. *I guess he needed some
    > donations or a Job.
    >
    > If it is not company sponsored,many of the bigger projects seem to die
    > off.
    >
    > DIE, DIE, DIE.....

    The poor programmer at Brim has no clue how to design an interface,
    screens. It just sucks....

  3. Re: FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    On 2008-07-29, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > On Jul 29, 11:31*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >> Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots
    >> of people may help, and then just dies.
    >>
    >> http://www.brim-project.org/

    [deletia]

    "I can find one open project that didn't excite the developer base
    and gain followers. Therefore open projects in general are completely
    incapable of sustaining themselves."

    --
    OpenDoc is moot when Apple is your one stop iShop. |||
    / | \

  4. Re: FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" writes:

    > Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots
    > of people may help, and then just dies.
    >
    > http://www.brim-project.org/
    >
    > I guess he got tired of doing something and getting no help.

    "Brim (formerly known as Booby) is an application suite that allows you
    to manage your personal items online."

    As usual with so many of these projects, more effort has gone into
    rendering a nice penguin graphic than actually thinking about look and
    feel and functionality.

    --
    "I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  5. Re: FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:36:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Psyc Geek (TAB)" writes:
    >
    >> Here is another application, that starts off with the notion that lots
    >> of people may help, and then just dies.
    >>
    >> http://www.brim-project.org/
    >>
    >> I guess he got tired of doing something and getting no help.

    > "Brim (formerly known as Booby) is an application suite that allows you
    > to manage your personal items online."
    >
    > As usual with so many of these projects, more effort has gone into
    > rendering a nice penguin graphic than actually thinking about look and
    > feel and functionality.

    Booby????

    That one sits right behind LinPUS for worst Linux program names of all
    time.

    Seriously, you can't make this **** up!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  6. Re: FOSS projects come and go,unless company sponsored

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:36:45 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > As usual with so many of these projects, more effort has gone into
    > rendering a nice penguin graphic than actually thinking about look and
    > feel and functionality.

    Ok, that one did make me laugh.

    -Thufir

+ Reply to Thread