[News] VIA Looks to Gain from Linux Affinity - Linux

  1. Re: [News] VIA Looks to Gain from Linux Affinity

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:27:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > VIA takes two open source steps forward

    How many times are you going to repost this same crap Schestowitz?

    Running out of SPAM material?

    Have to keep your masters happy or they won't pay you....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] VIA Looks to Gain from Linux Affinity

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:27:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> VIA takes two open source steps forward

    > How many times are you going to repost this same crap Schestowitz?
    >
    > Running out of SPAM material?
    >
    > Have to keep your masters happy or they won't pay you....

    How much does he earn for spewing this old news out day after day? Are
    we sure that it isn't just "Roybot" doing it? Possibly a cron job? From
    the ridiculously inaccurate summaries I can not believe for one minute
    that a real graduate is doing this. It must be some second year AI
    project?

  3. Re: [News] VIA Looks to Gain from Linux Affinity

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:16:02 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 08:27:06 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> VIA takes two open source steps forward

    >> How many times are you going to repost this same crap Schestowitz?
    >>
    >> Running out of SPAM material?
    >>
    >> Have to keep your masters happy or they won't pay you....

    > How much does he earn for spewing this old news out day after day? Are
    > we sure that it isn't just "Roybot" doing it? Possibly a cron job? From
    > the ridiculously inaccurate summaries I can not believe for one minute
    > that a real graduate is doing this. It must be some second year AI
    > project?

    It's definitely an AI project and COLA fools are the guinea pigs.
    The clue is in the formatting and the same canned comments over and over
    again, especially in the *Related* sections of the posts.

    If you check the timestamps they match up within minutes of each other on
    various other sites as well, digg.com for example.

    Then take a look at the weird formatting, verbiage and especially the
    enormous length of these posts.
    Even if he prepared them offline and used a script to spew the SPAM, there
    is no way he could research, add links and write all that text offline and
    stil have time to eat, sleep, ****, shave and go to class.

    It is not humanly possible unless he does nothing else 24x7.

    Like I said, pick a day and just try retyping his messages and sending them
    out all over the net and you will see.

    It's impossible....

    Roy Schestowitz is either:

    1. A full time SPAMMER using scripts
    2. An experiment in AI, and a good one. A real good one.
    3. Multiple people posting.
    4. A very sick individual who does not have a life.
    5. A combination of the above.

    Whatever Roy Schestowitz is, he is a fraud, a fake and a phony and it will
    all come out sooner or later.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. [News] VIA Looks to Gain from Linux Affinity

    VIA takes two open source steps forward

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | VIA may soon have a lot more to gain from supporting Linux and open source
    | software, and the company now seems to be recognizing this.
    `----

    http://blogs.the451group.com/opensou...steps-forward/

    Recent:

    VIA Publishes Three Programming Guides

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Earlier this week we shared that VIA had appointed an open-source liaison to
    | work on providing the community with documentation and source-code for their
    | products and work to improve VIA's image within the Linux and open-source
    | communities. Since VIA announced their open-source strategy earlier this
    | year, all they had provided was a simple kernel frame-buffer driver. However,
    | VIA has now made available three programming guides that cover their PadLock,
    | CX700, and VX800/820 products. In total these three documents amount to about
    | 800 (PDF) pages.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjYyMg

    VIA getting serious about open source?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | VIA just announced they they will be contracting Harald Welte to be their
    | open source liaison. Welte will be tasked with “helping refine VIA’s Open
    | Source strategy to optimize its support for Linux across all the components
    | of its x86 processor platforms”. He will also, more importantly, help develop
    | drivers for VIA hardware and improve documentation. Welte is the founder of
    | gpl-violations.org and has worked on the OpenMoko project.
    `----

    http://www.geek.com/via-getting-seri...urce-20080724/

    VIA Gives 16,434 Lines Of OSS Code

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | VIA has released over 16,000 lines of code that provides a frame-buffer
    | driver in the Linux kernel. This code is licensed under the GNU GPLv2 and
    | appears to be crafted by VIA's Joseph Chan. Supported by this driver is VIA's
    | Unichrome CLE266, K400, K800, PM800, CN700, CX700, K8M890, P4M890, P4M900,
    | and VX800 IGPs.
    `----

    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...item&px=NjQ2Nw

+ Reply to Thread