[News] [SOT] Google Challenger Takes a Stand Against g/MS/Y! Spying - Linux

  1. Re: [News] [SOT] Google Challenger Takes a Stand Against g/MS/Y! Spying

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 19:08:38 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > New search engine takes aim at Google
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| There's a big new search engine launching Monday: Cuil. Developed and run by
    >| the husband-and-wife team of Stanford professor Tom Costello and former
    >| Google search architect Anna Patterson, it's pitched as bigger, faster, and
    >| better than Google's flagship search engine in pretty much every way. See
    >| video interview with Tom Costello, below.

    >| The Internet is getting bigger and more disorganized every day. Cuilˇ¦s goal
    >| is to solve the two great problems of search: how to index the whole Internet
    >| ˇXnot just part of itˇXand how to analyze and sort out its pages so you get
    >| relevant results.

    Hey maybe you can sell them your *Urine Search Engine" Roy Schestowitz?

    You never know Roy Schestowitz, they just might be ignorant enough to go
    for it!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. [News] [SOT] Google Challenger Takes a Stand Against g/MS/Y! Spying

    New search engine takes aim at Google

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There's a big new search engine launching Monday: Cuil. Developed and run by
    | the husband-and-wife team of Stanford professor Tom Costello and former
    | Google search architect Anna Patterson, it's pitched as bigger, faster, and
    | better than Google's flagship search engine in pretty much every way. See
    | video interview with Tom Costello, below.
    `----

    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17939_109-10000379-2.html

    Our Philosophy

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The Internet is getting bigger and more disorganized every day. Cuil’s goal
    | is to solve the two great problems of search: how to index the whole Internet
    | —not just part of it—and how to analyze and sort out its pages so you get
    | relevant results.
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | Cuil analyzes the Web, not its users
    |
    | Privacy is a hot topic these days, and we want you to feel totally
    | comfortable using our service. Because Cuil analyzes Web pages and not
    | click-throughs, we don’t need to know your search history and habits. So our
    | privacy policy is very simple: when you search with Cuil, we do not collect
    | any personally identifiable information, period. We have no idea who sends
    | queries: not by name, not by IP address, and not by cookie. Your search
    | history is your business, not ours. We don’t need to keep logs of our users’
    | search activity, so we don’t. For further details, read our Privacy Policy.
    | Don’t worry, it’s short and to the point. No legal mumbo-jumbo.
    `----

    http://www.cuil.com/info/our_philosophy/

    Wikia should be better. It's actually transparent.

    Recent:

    Quaero gets off the ground to challenge Google

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Almost three years after then-President Jacques Chirac of France introduced
    | Quaero to the world as the next Google-killer, the Internet search project
    | has finally gotten its first funding. Â*
    |
    | [...]
    |
    | "It's extremely important for the future for Europe to be present in this
    | field," he said. "Since most of the large players are American, it makes Â*
    | sense. Either you're Google, Microsoft or Yahoo and you can do it in-house,
    | or you're not, and so you have to collaborate with people." Â*
    `----

    http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/03/...y/quaero24.php

+ Reply to Thread