This is a discussion on 5 ite ms - Linux ; http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png Only OSS turdware can be this bad...

  1. 5 ite ms

    http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png

    Only OSS turdware can be this bad

  2. Re: 5 ite ms

    "DFS" writes:

    > http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png
    >
    > Only OSS turdware can be this bad

    I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    ,----
    | Part of the Plasma vision is obviously stunning looks
    `----

    Yesss.........

    Also the horribleness and waste of time of it all led me to do some
    reading:

    ,----
    | While designing Plasma I'm starting not with visual descriptions but
    | functional ones. Working with artists, people whose forté is visual
    | expression, these elements will take shape in the form of story boards
    | and mockups. Then the graphics developers and the application developers
    | will breath life into the dreams.
    `----

    Yesssss.....

    (ps it says 5 items on my link....)

    But hey, it's all about the user experience so lets go read the user
    docs!

    http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1109

    ,----
    | Plasma development has just begun. As it nears it's completed form, user
    | documentation will appear here in addition to shipping with KDE.
    `----

    Yesss.........

    --
    XP is a flop and when users are still asking for W98 it shows that they
    aren't all taken in with the MS hype.

  3. Re: 5 ite ms

    Hadron wrote:
    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png
    >>
    >> Only OSS turdware can be this bad
    >>

    > I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    I take it you're referring to the slightly larger icon which has
    selection emphasis thus imparting to the user where his keyboard focus
    is? I've never used that tool but just a quick glance at the screenshot
    can tell you that.

    > ,----
    > | Part of the Plasma vision is obviously stunning looks
    > `----
    >
    > Yesss.........
    >
    > Also the horribleness and waste of time of it all led me to do some
    > reading:
    >
    > ,----
    > | While designing Plasma I'm starting not with visual descriptions but
    > | functional ones. Working with artists, people whose forté is visual
    > | expression, these elements will take shape in the form of story boards
    > | and mockups. Then the graphics developers and the application developers
    > | will breath life into the dreams.
    > `----
    >
    > Yesssss.....
    >

    > (ps it says 5 items on my link....)
    >
    > But hey, it's all about the user experience so lets go read the user
    > docs!
    >
    > http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1109
    >
    > ,----
    > | Plasma development has just begun. As it nears it's completed form, user
    > | documentation will appear here in addition to shipping with KDE.
    > `----
    >
    > Yesss.........

    That's some top class true linux advocacy there Quack!

  4. Re: 5 ite ms

    "Phil Da Lick!" writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "DFS" writes:
    >>
    >>> http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png
    >>>
    >>> Only OSS turdware can be this bad
    >>>

    >> I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    > I take it you're referring to the slightly larger icon which has
    > selection emphasis thus imparting to the user where his keyboard focus
    > is? I've never used that tool but just a quick glance at the
    > screenshot can tell you that.

    I'm referring to the one that is not aligned properly on the same
    horizontal base line and thus looks awful. Are COLA loons blind as well
    as clueless about basic UI issues?

    >> ,----
    >> | Part of the Plasma vision is obviously stunning looks
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Yesss.........
    >>
    >> Also the horribleness and waste of time of it all led me to do some
    >> reading:
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | While designing Plasma I'm starting not with visual descriptions but
    >> | functional ones. Working with artists, people whose forté is visual
    >> | expression, these elements will take shape in the form of story boards
    >> | and mockups. Then the graphics developers and the application developers
    >> | will breath life into the dreams.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Yesssss.....
    >>

    >> (ps it says 5 items on my link....)
    >>
    >> But hey, it's all about the user experience so lets go read the user
    >> docs!
    >>
    >> http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1109
    >>
    >> ,----
    >> | Plasma development has just begun. As it nears it's completed form, user
    >> | documentation will appear here in addition to shipping with KDE.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> Yesss.........

    > That's some top class true linux advocacy there Quack!

    Nothing to do with Linux. It was laughing at half baked amateurish
    wannabes creating more waste of time eye candy.

    Why would I "advocate" such garbage?

    --
    "I am not worthy to wipe your pee-pee "
    -- Liarnut in comp.os.linux.advocacy

  5. Re: 5 ite ms

    Hadron wrote:
    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    >> I take it you're referring to the slightly larger icon which has
    >> selection emphasis thus imparting to the user where his keyboard focus
    >> is? I've never used that tool but just a quick glance at the
    >> screenshot can tell you that.

    > I'm referring to the one that is not aligned properly on the same
    > horizontal base line and thus looks awful. Are COLA loons blind as well
    > as clueless about basic UI issues?

    Its. Got. Focus.

    Its slightly bigger anchored on its midpoint and got a focus colouration
    to it. Yeah, that's loony all right.

    Now, back under your bridge.

  6. Re: 5 ite ms

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:15:30 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Phil Da Lick!" writes:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:

    >>> I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    >> I take it you're referring to the slightly larger icon which has
    >> selection emphasis thus imparting to the user where his keyboard focus
    >> is? I've never used that tool but just a quick glance at the screenshot
    >> can tell you that.

    > I'm referring to the one that is not aligned properly on the same
    > horizontal base line and thus looks awful. Are COLA loons blind as well
    > as clueless about basic UI issues?

    The blue one?

    >>> ,----
    >>>
    >>> Yesss.........
    >>>
    >>> Also the horribleness and waste of time of it all led me to do some
    >>> reading:
    >>>
    >>> ,----
    >>> boards | and mockups. Then the graphics developers and the application
    >>> developers | will breath life into the dreams.
    >>> `----
    >>>
    >>> Yesssss.....
    >>>

    >>> (ps it says 5 items on my link....)
    >>>
    >>> But hey, it's all about the user experience so lets go read the user
    >>> docs!
    >>>
    >>> http://plasma.kde.org/cms/1109
    >>>
    >>> ,----
    >>> user | documentation will appear here in addition to shipping with
    >>> KDE. `----
    >>>
    >>> Yesss.........

    >> That's some top class true linux advocacy there Quack!

    > Nothing to do with Linux. It was laughing at half baked amateurish
    > wannabes creating more waste of time eye candy.

    Then why don't you go laugh at Microsoft?

    > Why would I "advocate" such garbage?

    The only Linux related software you advocate is the software YOU use. And
    the only use for Linux based systems you advocate is whatever YOU use
    them for.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: 5 ite ms

    Hadron wrote:
    > "DFS" writes:
    >
    >> http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png
    >>
    >> Only OSS turdware can be this bad

    > I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    To highlight which item has focus, they increase the size about 15% which
    shifts the label down. All you really need is a faint border in a bright
    color.

    > (ps it says 5 items on my link....)

    Mine, too, but the e and m are so far apart it reads as ite ms.

  8. Re: 5 ite ms

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:00:28 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> "DFS" writes:
    >>
    >>> http://plasma.kde.org/media/plasma_4_1_beta.png
    >>>
    >>> Only OSS turdware can be this bad

    >> I love the vertical alignment on that dialog in the middle.

    > To highlight which item has focus, they increase the size about 15% which
    > shifts the label down. All you really need is a faint border in a bright
    > color.
    >

    >> (ps it says 5 items on my link....)

    > Mine, too, but the e and m are so far apart it reads as ite ms.

    And the Linux loons make fun of the OSX interface calling it cartoonish?

    Looks like they are trying real hard to imitate the look.

    However, being Linux and Linux programmers, they have failed once again.

    "The Linux community re-invents the wheel every month or so. The only
    problem is, their version is square".

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: