Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could notrun Vista - Linux

This is a discussion on Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could notrun Vista - Linux ; The article in question appeared in the WSJ or NYT (perhaps Business Week?). The journalist referred to several victims of the Vista debacle by their first name: "Joe", "Peter", etc. only to reveal later on that they happen to be ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

  1. Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could notrun Vista

    The article in question appeared in the WSJ or NYT (perhaps Business
    Week?). The journalist referred to several victims of the Vista
    debacle by their first name: "Joe", "Peter", etc. only to reveal later
    on that they happen to be members of the Microsoft board of directors.

    TIA,

    -Ramon

  2. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could not run Vista

    In article
    <432e33e4-5f60-479a-908e-8862643fe6aa@56g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>,
    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > The article in question appeared in the WSJ or NYT (perhaps Business
    > Week?). The journalist referred to several victims of the Vista
    > debacle by their first name: "Joe", "Peter", etc. only to reveal later
    > on that they happen to be members of the Microsoft board of directors.
    >
    > TIA,
    >
    > -Ramon

    A simple search on Google results in numerous references to the
    documents, including a sixteen page PDF file of the emails Microsoft
    board members Steven Sinofsky and Jon Shirley sent to Steve Ballmer.
    These emails were released as part of some lawsuit over Vista
    compatibility.

    http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/m...ves/132891.asp

    --
    "Momma always said, "Stupid is as stupid does."" -Forest Gump

    "You can't fix stupid." -Jim White, local radio personality

  3. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could not run Vista

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:

    > The article in question appeared in the WSJ or NYT (perhaps Business
    > Week?). The journalist referred to several victims of the Vista
    > debacle by their first name: "Joe", "Peter", etc. only to reveal later
    > on that they happen to be members of the Microsoft board of directors.

    Start with these

    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...freeze&page=29
    http://marketshare.hitslink.com/report.aspx?qprid=8
    http://www.whylinuxsucks.org/
    http://linuxhaters.blogspot.com/

    If you can't find it there, try some of these links:

    cola "advocate" ml2mst: "I've been working with SUSE since 1998, but for
    some mysterious reason, it simply stopped working a couple of months ago."
    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....78b83a1137b1f5

    kernel developers just quit working: "Then I quit forever."
    http://apcmag.com/interview_with_con...he_desktop.htm

    Samba just quits working: "Then some of this suddenly stopped working."

    Samba just quits working: "My computer just stopped sharing its folder
    (which had worked perfectly) one day"

    keyboard just quits working: "While entering data in Krecipes package
    keyboard quit inputing characters"
    http://forums.cnet.com/5208-6617_102...sageID=2615582

    keyboard just quits working: "..the keyboard would work for awhile and then
    just quit."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/..._this_notebook

    yum just quits working: "this has worked for about four months and today it
    has stopped working."
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archiv.../t-119325.html

    network just quits working: "I noticed some times my network will just quit
    working and won't reconnect even if i plug it into a cable nothing works and
    I have to reboot."
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/152456

    wireless just quits working: "Wireless connection just quits working.
    Windows will connect just fine."
    http://forums.suselinuxsupport.de/lo...hp/t33604.html

    DNS just quits working: "...DNS has just quit working."

    printing just quits working: "...printnig would just quit working for all
    apps..."
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/deb...underbird.html

    audio player just quits working: "... the Audio Player program just quit
    working one day and hasn't worked since."
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=14453

    PCMCIA card just quits working: "...one day, the connection simply quit
    working."..."The card works fine in win98se, and I have no problems
    connecting to our router, which is a USR8054."
    http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=26032

    graphics just quit working: "When the WU restarted the graphics window did
    not come back."
    http://einstein.phys.uwm.edu/forum_thread.php?id=468

    sound just quits working: "I was watching a movie in movie player and the
    right sound channel cut out. Then about 10 seconds later, the left cut out.
    I rebooted and still no sound. My sound is turned up all the way too. I'm
    not sure what I will do. Reinstall something I guess."

    Linuxconf just quits working: "Does Linuxconf actually work? When I use it,
    it tends to mess up my config files (at least for Apache) and always tell me
    some process is taking too long. Sometimes it seems to just quit on me."
    http://rasterweb.net/raster/computers/linux.html

    Entire distro just quits working: "My Mandriva2006 just quit working !"
    http://dunedin.lug.net.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=42838

    User quits Linux: "That did it for me--Linux was "too hard." I quit."
    http://www.psychocats.net/essays/linuxswitchstory

    If you're still lost:

    RedHat: "I have a PC with RedHat Linux installed...at regular times, weekly
    exactly the same time!, the PC 'freezes'? ... There's nothing I can do at
    that moment besides a hardware reboot."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...reezes-601972/

    Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the same
    freezing problem."
    #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior of my
    SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes. Then I
    have to reboot ... "
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today on
    my new Slackware 12 installation."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last 3
    days I have had 2 system freezes."
    http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic...freezes#p67069

    PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up."
    1st post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0

    DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    system froze."
    http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html

    Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a

    Sabayon: "...took 27hrs to install.....till I try to do anything......next
    thing my task bar disappears...my program selector disappears...I do
    anything....it freezes up solid.."
    http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/vi...freezes#p67138

    ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    freezes."

    CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...forumpost37948

    Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    lockups."
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996

    Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some days."
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    Linux just works.

  4. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Jul 27, 12:54*pm, "DFS" wrote:
> [...]

    > Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    > freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=81648&highlight=freezes&sid...
    >
    > Sabayon: "...took 27hrs to install.....till I try to do anything......next
    > thing my task bar disappears...my program selector disappears...I do
    > anything....it freezes up solid.."http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=11698&p=67138&...
    >
    > ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    > freezes."http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=44765
    >
    > CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=11599&foru...
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    > WARNING!!! *Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total

    Linux has lots of problems. Too many inexperienced hands working on
    the same experimental soup.

  5. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:09:45 -0700, shmell_dakaka wrote:

    (snip)

    > Linux has lots of problems. Too many inexperienced hands working on the
    > same experimental soup.

    Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    You just keep repeating your spew to yourself. Who knows, you just might
    start believing it.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "Rick" stated in post
    LdKdnZJYN6I8JxHVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/27/08 11:12 AM:

    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:09:45 -0700, shmell_dakaka wrote:
    >
    > (snip)
    >>

    >> Linux has lots of problems. Too many inexperienced hands working on the
    >> same experimental soup.

    > Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.

    Interesting.

    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs

  7. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could not run Vista

    Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > LdKdnZJYN6I8JxHVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/27/08 11:12 AM:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:09:45 -0700, shmell_dakaka wrote:
    >>
    >> (snip)
    >>>

    >>> Linux has lots of problems. Too many inexperienced hands working on the
    >>> same experimental soup.

    >> Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    > Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.
    >
    > Interesting.

    Yes, *very* interesting.

    That incompetent twit Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser confuses IBM with the US
    Government

    But then, your idiocy is legend
    --
    What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic
    simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog,

  8. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    488cc4ee$0$19907$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 7/27/08 11:56 AM:

    >>> Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    >> Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.
    >>
    >> Interesting.

    > Yes, *very* interesting.
    >
    > ...Snit... confuses IBM with the US Government
    >
    > But then, your idiocy is legend

    Anyone *not* see Peter's mistake?

    Anyone?

    Hint: *NASA*.

    LOL!

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  9. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could not run Vista

    shmell_dakaka@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On Jul 27, 12:54 pm, "DFS" wrote:

    >> Linux just works.

    > Linux has lots of problems.

    nah... local bozo raytard says Linux has always worked flawlessly for him...
    LMAO!

    > Too many inexperienced hands working on
    > the same experimental soup.

    s/ou/lo

  10. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    f2tafsbnax9k.8zmnkctklx4w$.dlg@40tude.net on 7/27/08 1:32 PM:

    >> What would be your excuse for using your wifes taxdollars (you don't earn
    >> anything, trolling usenet 24/7. You are leeching on your wife) for
    >> something inferior (even if it existed)?

    > Interesting that you don't say the same thing about Roy Schestowitz who
    > SPAMS off topic messages, mostly, 24x7 and is obviously getting paid to do
    > it because there isn't an hour left in the day for him to actually have a
    > real job or go to class like he should be doing.

    Roy does not point out Peter's lies. Peter runs from his lies by targetting
    my personal and professional life.

    What a cretin he is! Seriously.

    --
    I think we [the folks who make Linux desktops] don't yet deliver a good
    enough user experience.

  11. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:24:51 -0700, Snit wrote:

    >> Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    > Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.
    >
    > Interesting.

    Here's an "interesting" link, if you were unaware:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Security-Enhanced_Linux

    I'm sure your trying to make some slimy implication -- go ahead and state
    it.

    -Thufir

  12. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:11:29 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > Anyone *not* see Peter's mistake?
    >
    > Anyone?
    >
    > Hint: *NASA*.

    God you're pathetic, you're always, literally, having a snit fit. Was
    that a name you chose, or was it given to you by others? Like "oh, there
    goes michael glaser, having another snit fit"?

    -Thufir

  13. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "thufir" stated in post
    M25jk.97472$kx.55325@pd7urf3no on 7/27/08 1:40 PM:

    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 12:11:29 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Anyone *not* see Peter's mistake?
    >>
    >> Anyone?
    >>
    >> Hint: *NASA*.

    > God you're pathetic, you're always, literally, having a snit fit. Was
    > that a name you chose, or was it given to you by others? Like "oh, there
    > goes michael glaser, having another snit fit"?

    I take it you were too ignorant to see Peter's mistake.

    By the way, you use the phrase "snit fit" inappropriately.

    --
    But if you are somebody who is not too concerned about price, who is not too
    concerned about freedom, I don't think we can say the Linux desktop offers

  14. Government credits in the Linux kernel source

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:24:51 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.

    Government credits in the Linux kernel source (not necessarily US
    government):

    [/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.25] (2.6.25-2-amd64 #1 SMP Mon Jul 14 11:05:23
    UTC 2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux) (Debian GNU/Linux lenny/sid)

    [#>grep -ri "\.gov" *

    CREDITS:E: becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
    CREDITS:E: jjo@mendoza.gov.ar
    CREDITS:E: scole@lanl.gov
    CREDITS:E: sds@tycho.nsa.gov
    CREDITS:E: snyder@fnald0.fnal.gov
    crypto/sha256_generic.c: * http://csrc.nist.gov/cryptval/shs/
    sha256-384-512.pdf
    crypto/Kconfig: http://csrc.nist.gov/encryption/modes/
    proposedmodes/
    crypto/Kconfig: See for more
    information.
    crypto/Kconfig: See for more
    information.
    crypto/Kconfig: See for more
    information.
    Documentation/filesystems/9p.txt:This software was originally developed
    by Ron Minnich
    Documentation/filesystems/9p.txt: and most recently
    Eric Van Hensbergen
    Documentation/cdrom/ide-cd:Originally by scott snyder
    (19 May 1996)
    Documentation/networking/bonding.txt:Initial release : Thomas Davis

    Documentation/networking/packet_mmap.txt: http://public.lanl.gov/
    cpw/ (by Phil Wood, based on lastest libpcap)
    Documentation/networking/ifenslave.c: * Author: Donald Becker

    Documentation/networking/ifenslave.c: * The author may be reached as
    becker@CESDIS.gsfc.nasa.gov, or C/O
    Documentation/networking/ifenslave.c:"o Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov).\n"
    Documentation/networking/arcnet-hardware.txt: Stephen A. Wood

    Documentation/networking/arcnet-hardware.txt: - PC110 settings were
    verified by Stephen A. Wood
    Documentation/devices.txt: See http://stm.lbl.gov/comedi or
    http://www.llp.fu-berlin.de/.
    Documentation/sound/alsa/Audigy-mixer.txt:US Patents (http://
    www.uspto.gov/)
    Documentation/sound/alsa/SB-Live-mixer.txt:US Patents (http://
    www.uspto.gov/)
    Documentation/arm/SA1100/nanoEngine:http://recycle.lbl.gov/~ldoolitt/bse/
    drivers/edac/edac_core.h: * Dave Peterson

    drivers/media/video/bt8xx/bttv-cards.c: /* Clay Kunz
    */
    drivers/usb/storage/scsiglue.c: * (c) 2000 Stephen J. Gowdy
    (SGowdy@lbl.gov)
    drivers/usb/storage/transport.c: * (c) 2000 Stephen J. Gowdy
    (SGowdy@lbl.gov)
    drivers/isdn/hysdn/hysdn_net.c: * Donald Becker
    (becker@CESDIS.gsfc.nasa.gov)
    drivers/scsi/mac_scsi.c: * Copyright 1998, Michael Schmitz

    drivers/scsi/sun3_scsi.c: * Copyright 1998, Michael Schmitz

    drivers/net/hp.c: "hp.c:v1.10 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/lance.c:static const char version[] = "lance.c:v1.16
    2006/11/09 dplatt@3do.com, becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov\n";
    drivers/net/hydra.c: "8390.c:v1.10cvs 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/smc-ultra.c: "smc-ultra.c:v2.02 2/3/98 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/ne-h8300.c: "8390.c:v1.10cvs 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/wireless/ath5k/phy.c: * http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-
    Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL \
    drivers/net/wireless/wavelan_cs.p.h: * George Rossi (george@phm.gov.au),
    drivers/net/wireless/wavelan.c: * George Rossi (george@phm.gov.au),
    drivers/net/wireless/wavelan.p.h: * Donald Becker
    ,
    drivers/net/wireless/wavelan.p.h: * George Rossi ,
    drivers/net/Kconfig: <http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/drivers/
    yellowfin.html> for more
    drivers/net/bonding/bonding.h: * (c) Copyright 1999, Thomas Davis,
    tadavis@lbl.gov
    drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c: * Copyright 1999, Thomas Davis,
    tadavis@lbl.gov.
    drivers/net/bonding/bond_main.c:MODULE_AUTHOR("Thomas Davis,
    tadavis@lbl.gov and many others");
    drivers/net/acenic.c: * Pete Wyckoff : Initial
    Linux/Alpha and trace
    drivers/net/hp-plus.c:"hp-plus.c:v1.10 9/24/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/ac3200.c: "ac3200.c:v1.01 7/1/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/8390.c: "8390.c:v1.10cvs 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/zorro8390.c: "8390.c:v1.10cvs 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/isa-skeleton.c: "isa-skeleton.c:v1.51 9/24/94 Donald
    Becker (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/yellowfin.c:http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/misc/NWay.html
    drivers/net/yellowfin.c:http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/
    misc/100mbps.html
    drivers/net/3c59x.c: cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov:/pub/linux/drivers/3c515.html
    drivers/net/e2100.c: "e2100.c:v1.01 7/21/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/at1700.c: "at1700.c:v1.16 9/11/06 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/tulip/xircom_tulip_cb.c:http://cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov/linux/
    misc/NWay.html
    drivers/net/tulip/de4x5.c: in part by NASA Ames Research Center
    (mjacob@nas.nasa.gov).
    drivers/net/tulip/de4x5.c: only

    drivers/net/slhc.c: * Van Jacobson (van@helios.ee.lbl.gov), Dec 31,
    1989:
    drivers/net/hamachi.c: * 2/19/99 Pete Wyckoff
    drivers/net/hamachi.c: * 3/10/1999 Pete Wyckoff
    drivers/net/wd.c: "wd.c:v1.10 9/23/94 Donald Becker
    (becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov)\n";
    drivers/net/eepro.c: The author may be reached at bao.ha@srs.gov
    drivers/ide/ide-cd.c: * Copyright (C) 1994-1996 Scott Snyder

    drivers/ide/ide-cd_verbose.c: * Copyright (C) 1994-1996 Scott Snyder

    drivers/ide/ide-cd_ioctl.c: * Copyright (C) 1994-1996 Scott Snyder

    drivers/ide/ide.c: * Scott Snyder (snyder@fnald0.fnal.gov)
    (ATAPI IDE cd-rom)
    drivers/atm/nicstarmac.copyright: * R. D. Rechenmacher ,
    Aug. 6, 1997 $Revision: 1.1 $ $Date: 1999/08/20 11:00:11 $
    fs/udf/udftime.c: * http://www.boulder.nist.gov/timefreq/pubs/bulletin/
    leapsecond.htm
    fs/9p/v9fs_vfs.h: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    fs/9p/vfs_super.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich

    fs/9p/v9fs.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    fs/9p/v9fs.c:MODULE_AUTHOR("Ron Minnich ");
    fs/9p/vfs_addr.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    fs/9p/vfs_dentry.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich

    fs/9p/vfs_file.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    fs/9p/vfs_dir.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    fs/9p/vfs_inode.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich

    fs/9p/v9fs.h: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    include/linux/netdevice.h: * Donald J. Becker,

    include/linux/if_bonding.h: * (c) Copyright 1999, Thomas Davis,
    tadavis@lbl.gov
    include/net/slhc_vj.h: * Van Jacobson (van@helios.ee.lbl.gov), Dec
    31, 1989:
    include/net/9p/9p.h: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich

    include/crypto/gf128mul.h: * csrc.nist.gov/CryptoToolkit/modes/
    proposedmodes/gcm/gcm-revised-spec.pdf
    MAINTAINERS:M: rminnich@sandia.gov
    MAINTAINERS:M: sds@tycho.nsa.gov
    MAINTAINERS:L: selinux@tycho.nsa.gov (subscribers-only, general
    discussion)
    MAINTAINERS:W: http://www.nsa.gov/selinux
    net/irda/irlan/irlan_client.c: * Sources: skeleton.c by Donald
    Becker
    net/irda/irlan/irlan_eth.c: * Sources: skeleton.c by Donald Becker

    net/irda/irlan/irlan_provider.c: * Sources: skeleton.c by Donald
    Becker
    net/9p/mod.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    net/9p/mod.c:MODULE_AUTHOR("Ron Minnich ");
    net/9p/conv.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    net/9p/error.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    net/9p/util.c: * Copyright (C) 2002 by Ron Minnich
    net/ipv4/tcp_input.c: * <http://www.lanl.gov/radiant/website/pubs/drs/
    lacsi2001.ps>
    security/selinux/Kconfig: from .

  15. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    488ce179$0$19912$9b4e6d93@newsspool1.arcor-online.net on 7/27/08 1:58 PM:

    >>> What would be your excuse for using your wifes taxdollars (you don't earn
    >>> anything, trolling usenet 24/7. You are leeching on your wife) for
    >>> something inferior (even if it existed)?

    >> Why are you so nasty and repeatedly bringing his family into COLA?
    >> Everyone knows this is a "no no" in usenet land.

    > He did it himself

    Nope... I am not responsible for your actions.

    > *He* boasted about his "business"

    Quote me doing so.

    But you will not.

    But let us assume you could... then explain how it excuses your lies, such
    as:

    > (run by his wife alone in reality).

    How do you excuse such lies? The reality is you have no faith in your own
    views... so you lash out to run from your own comments.

    You are a coward... as you repeatedly prove.

    > *He* provided every little bit of knowledge about his website. *He* still
    > posts with "gallopinginsanity.com" in his headers.

    Which does not excuse your actions. It is good, of course, for you to note
    my headers have not changed - contrary to your recent claims.

    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  16. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:44:08 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > I take it you were too ignorant to see Peter's mistake.
    >
    > By the way, you use the phrase "snit fit" inappropriately.

    I don't dispute that he made a mistake, but also english isn't his first
    language, etc, etc.

    No, you have snit fits over the smallest detail. And, you don't deny
    that others gave you the "name" snit.

    -Thufir

  17. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "thufir" stated in post Kf7jk.35643$nD.43@pd7urf1no
    on 7/27/08 4:10 PM:

    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:44:08 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >

    >> I take it you were too ignorant to see Peter's mistake.
    >>
    >> By the way, you use the phrase "snit fit" inappropriately.

    > I don't dispute that he made a mistake, but also english isn't his first
    > language, etc, etc.
    >
    > No, you have snit fits over the smallest detail. And, you don't deny
    > that others gave you the "name" snit.

    I do not play your games, troll. Whine all you want.

    --
    When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how
    to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not

  18. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members couldnot run Vista

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:58:33 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:

    > www.gallopinginsanity.com
    >
    > On the *very* *first* page of it he talks about it
    >
    > If Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser had left out his "business" out of his
    > bogus "arguments" it would be irrelevant Fact is: He did not. He still
    > rambles about his "students" (to imply how much /he/ knows).
    > It was his choice. He has to live with it

    Exactly. It's a legitimate tactic to attack snit's credibility.

    -Thufir

  19. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board memberscould not run Vista

    "thufir" stated in post
    Dm7jk.139815$gc5.17944@pd7urf2no on 7/27/08 4:17 PM:

    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 22:58:33 +0200, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >> www.gallopinginsanity.com
    >>
    >> On the *very* *first* page of it he talks about it
    >>
    >> If Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser had left out his "business" out of his
    >> bogus "arguments" it would be irrelevant Fact is: He did not. He still
    >> rambles about his "students" (to imply how much /he/ knows).
    >> It was his choice. He has to live with it

    > Exactly. It's a legitimate tactic to attack snit's credibility.

    If he could actually show where my claims were wrong he would not have the
    "need" to target my personal and professional life.

    And you would not defend his actions if you were not mad I had proved you to
    be a liar.

    Your whole "argument" boils down to: "My students can't
    figure out how to use a desktop. *Somehow, they understand
    the album to song relationship but fail to apply that
    understanding to directories and files. *But, they can use
    the mac very well because it has this super duper consistent
    interface. *Linux should adopt the Mac interface. Hell, just
    buy a Mac."

    You lied and claimed you were "paraphrasing" when you simply fabricated lies
    about me. Do you think people are too stupid to see why you defend Peter
    and his BS.

    --
    Is Swiss cheese made out of hole milk?

  20. Re: Need help locating article where Microsoft board members could not run Vista

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit

    wrote
    on Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:24:51 -0700
    :
    > "Rick" stated in post
    > LdKdnZJYN6I8JxHVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/27/08 11:12 AM:
    >
    >> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:09:45 -0700, shmell_dakaka wrote:
    >>
    >> (snip)
    >>>

    >>> Linux has lots of problems. Too many inexperienced hands working on the
    >>> same experimental soup.

    >> Yeah .. IBM, NASA.. and all the other paid developers ...

    > Ah, so the US Government helps to fund Linux development.
    >
    > Interesting.

    No it doesn't. It's the US *taxpayer*.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux makes one use one's mind.