Funny - Linux

This is a discussion on Funny - Linux ; I decided to update my signatures. This is one that got me thinking about it: It's a shame Linux has such difficulty running some of the more popular Windows applications: Nimda, CodeRed, Klez, Bagle, WPA, Mytob, SoBig, Beagle, Sober, Mydoom, ...

  1. Funny

    I decided to update my signatures. This is one that got me thinking
    about it:

    It's a shame Linux has such difficulty running some of the more
    popular Windows applications: Nimda, CodeRed, Klez, Bagle, WPA,
    Mytob, SoBig, Beagle, Sober, Mydoom, NetSky, Bagle, Drivus, Randex.

    So I go online to see the more recent names of some of the more popular
    malware Windwoes users are choosing to run today. What do you suppose I
    find? These:

    http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=204792009

    NetSky (multiple versions)
    Mytob (multiple versions)
    Mydoom (multiple versions)
    Nimda
    Bagle (multiple versions)

    In fact, 10 of the top 20 for June '08 are names that I'm carrying from
    years past. And 6 of the top 10 should be well past their sell-by
    dates a long time ago.

    Those are /ooooooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddddddd/ bugs! Hasn't
    *anything* progressed in the MS world over the last several years?
    Certainly the underlying crapware OS hasn't. But even the people who
    purport to make products to protect the crapware OS are either asleep
    at the switch, or the users of the crapware are almost as dumb as the
    Windtards trolling this group.

    What next? Michelangelo? ILOVEYOU? Melissa? Vista? (Oops. That's a
    _new_ one.)

    --
    VISTA: Very Irritating System, Try Alternatives

  2. Re: Funny

    * Sinister Midget peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > I decided to update my signatures. This is one that got me thinking
    > about it:
    >
    > It's a shame Linux has such difficulty running some of the more
    > popular Windows applications: Nimda, CodeRed, Klez, Bagle, WPA,
    > Mytob, SoBig, Beagle, Sober, Mydoom, NetSky, Bagle, Drivus, Randex.
    >
    > So I go online to see the more recent names of some of the more popular
    > malware Windwoes users are choosing to run today. What do you suppose I
    > find? These:
    >
    > http://www.viruslist.com/en/analysis?pubid=204792009
    >
    > NetSky (multiple versions)
    > Mytob (multiple versions)
    > Mydoom (multiple versions)
    > Nimda
    > Bagle (multiple versions)
    >
    > In fact, 10 of the top 20 for June '08 are names that I'm carrying from
    > years past. And 6 of the top 10 should be well past their sell-by
    > dates a long time ago.

    Wow, seven years later:

    The only meaningful change in the rankings is that Nimda, an old worm
    which first appeared back in 2001, has resurfaced. Nimda is a
    versatile worm that spreads not only via email, but also across
    network drives on local area networks. It also attempts to attack IIS
    servers on the network. This is a nasty piece of malicious code: it
    leaves the computer wide open to anyone by adding a Guest user to the
    Administrators group and making local disks accessible by other
    computers on the network.

    I like this one:

    The Top Twenty countries which acted as sources of infected emails in
    June are shown below:

    Position Change Country Percentage
    1 No Change 0 United States 18.95
    2 Up +1 South Korea 7.97
    3 Up +2 China 5.79

    A real source of laffers!

    o Top Microsoft-enamored country in the world is the top source of
    infected emails.

    o It beats out two great sources of pirated software and jack-cheap
    hardware.

    o No change in the U.S. since the last survey.

    Go US go! Support that vulnerable proprietary crapware!

    > Those are /ooooooooooooolllllllllllllllldddddddddddddd/ bugs! Hasn't
    > *anything* progressed in the MS world over the last several years?
    > Certainly the underlying crapware OS hasn't. But even the people who
    > purport to make products to protect the crapware OS are either asleep
    > at the switch, or the users of the crapware are almost as dumb as the
    > Windtards trolling this group.

    They need to recall Windows for defects.