[News] More Machines from Dell Come with GNU/Linux Preloaded - Linux

  2. Re: [News] More Machines from Dell Come with GNU/Linux Preloaded

    On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:25:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Dell offers new machines with Linux Ubuntu 8.04

    So why aren't they listed in the latest round of Dell "
    Back To School" mail out catalogs?

    In fact, why isn't Linux mentioned at all?

    Students (except Roy Schestowitz) are typically cash poor..
    Surely Linux being free could save them a few bucks?

    So why....

    Where is Linux?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] More Machines from Dell Come with GNU/Linux Preloaded

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:25:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Dell offers new machines with Linux Ubuntu 8.04

    > So why aren't they listed in the latest round of Dell "
    > Back To School" mail out catalogs?
    >
    > In fact, why isn't Linux mentioned at all?
    >
    > Students (except Roy Schestowitz) are typically cash poor..
    > Surely Linux being free could save them a few bucks?
    >
    > So why....
    >
    > Where is Linux?

    And again flatfish Gary Stewart could not refrain from crossposting his
    ****e to unrelated newsgroups. Snot Michael Glasser taught him well
    --
    Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware

  4. Re: [News] More Machines from Dell Come with GNU/Linux Preloaded

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    488bab10$0$9501$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 7/26/08 3:54 PM:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:25:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Dell offers new machines with Linux Ubuntu 8.04

    >> So why aren't they listed in the latest round of Dell "
    >> Back To School" mail out catalogs?
    >>
    >> In fact, why isn't Linux mentioned at all?
    >>
    >> Students (except Roy Schestowitz) are typically cash poor..
    >> Surely Linux being free could save them a few bucks?
    >>
    >> So why....
    >>
    >> Where is Linux?
    >>

    > And again flatfish Gary Stewart could not refrain from crossposting his
    > ****e to unrelated newsgroups. Snot Michael Glxsser taught him well

    It pleases me to know I have upset the trolls such as Peter K. and Rick.

    --
    Never stand between a dog and the hydrant. - John Peers

  5. Re: [News] More Machines from Dell Come with GNU/Linux Preloaded

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Peter Köhlmann

    wrote
    on Sun, 27 Jul 2008 00:54:37 +0200
    <488bab10$0$9501$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net>:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 09:25:10 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Dell offers new machines with Linux Ubuntu 8.04

    >> So why aren't they listed in the latest round of Dell "
    >> Back To School" mail out catalogs?
    >>
    >> In fact, why isn't Linux mentioned at all?
    >>
    >> Students (except Roy Schestowitz) are typically cash poor..
    >> Surely Linux being free could save them a few bucks?
    >>
    >> So why....
    >>
    >> Where is Linux?
    >>

    > And again flatfish Gary Stewart could not refrain from crossposting his
    > ****e to unrelated newsgroups. Snot Michael Glasser taught him well

    Isn't it obvious? Moshe obviously feels it's important for them to
    know all of the facts[tm]. ;-)

    (Some of the facts, of course, are more factual than others.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Conventional memory has to be one of the most UNconventional
    architectures I've seen in a computer system.