Online Classes - Linux

This is a discussion on Online Classes - Linux ; On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:29 -0500, Rick wrote: >>> The question is not about the ability to read PDF... >> >> >> But if the "professor" is so inflexible on accepting PDF's then I would >> wonder why. Is ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 281 to 298 of 298

Thread: Online Classes

  1. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:29 -0500, Rick wrote:

    >>> The question is not about the ability to read PDF...

    >>
    >>
    >> But if the "professor" is so inflexible on accepting PDF's then I would
    >> wonder why. Is he unable to install software to read them? Does he
    >> just not want to? What's the deal? It's a mickey-mouse requirement,
    >> is everything he does mickey-mouse?
    >>
    >>

    > Another way to look at its how many pieces of software should an
    > instructor have to use to read students' work? It is more efficient for
    > the instructor to only have to deal with one application. Instructors
    > can then focus on grading the assignment, and get those grades out
    > quicker.



    There's a grey area, right, and it's perfectly reasonable to require all
    work to be submitted in a particular format. However, that's a poor
    choice.


    -Thufir

  2. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:03:05 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > Some of the reasons why a PDF might not be acceptable have been covered.


    Well, you'll have to refresh my memory because I'm going to go out on a
    limb and say that 99.99%, or better, of the time OO creates a PDF fine.
    These are just essays or spreadsheets, right?

    > You claimed my "conclusions" were something only a person of limited
    > mental capacity could fail to understand.



    No, the meaning was that only someone of limited mental capacity would
    mistake your observations for conclusions.


    -Thufir

  3. Re: Online Classes

    "thufir" stated in post
    guxjk.40939$nD.22175@pd7urf1no on 7/28/08 10:01 PM:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:03:05 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Some of the reasons why a PDF might not be acceptable have been covered.

    >
    > Well, you'll have to refresh my memory because I'm going to go out on a
    > limb and say that 99.99%, or better, of the time OO creates a PDF fine.


    The question of how good of a job OpenOffice does in making PDF files is
    irrelevant.

    > These are just essays or spreadsheets, right?


    These are whatever files the college uses... and for whatever reason.

    If you use PDF and not Word files:

    * Other students might be able to collaborate - especially in an
    online class this is a likely thing to be done.

    * Outlining is more flexible in MS Word.

    * The instructor now has to use two programs where before they
    used but one. The fact they have to do something "special"
    for you might lead to them treating you as "special" in more
    ways than one. I do not condone such behavior from profs
    but I recognize it exists.

    * Text selection is often easier in MS Word than in a PDF reader.

    * Searches for fonts or formatting is easier with an MS Word doc.

    * Verification of spacing, borders, etc. is easier with an MS Word doc.

    * Macros... though that is likely not very common for most classes.

    * Templates: MS Office has oodles... some of them even good.

    * MS Word has a grammar checker. It is useful for catching some errors.

    * OpenOffice has no real outline view...

    * Animated text. Ok, just kidding. Does anyone use that? Anyone?

    This is not to say that OpenOffice does not have its benefits... but those
    are not things that are likely to be focused on for a class... the
    instructor does not assume the student has the better program (better in
    those areas).

    >> You claimed my "conclusions" were something only a person of limited
    >> mental capacity could fail to understand.

    >
    > No, the meaning was that only someone of limited mental capacity would
    > mistake your observations for conclusions.


    I make obvious statements and show how I came to those conclusions because
    people such as yourself question the most obvious of things.

    In other words I educate you and you whine.

    Oh well.

    --
    Dear Aunt, let's set so double the killer delete select all

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...21217782777472


  4. Re: Online Classes

    "thufir" stated in post
    srxjk.101019$kx.70580@pd7urf3no on 7/28/08 9:58 PM:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:29 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >>>> The question is not about the ability to read PDF...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But if the "professor" is so inflexible on accepting PDF's then I would
    >>> wonder why. Is he unable to install software to read them? Does he
    >>> just not want to? What's the deal? It's a mickey-mouse requirement,
    >>> is everything he does mickey-mouse?
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Another way to look at its how many pieces of software should an
    >> instructor have to use to read students' work? It is more efficient for
    >> the instructor to only have to deal with one application. Instructors
    >> can then focus on grading the assignment, and get those grades out
    >> quicker.

    >
    >
    > There's a grey area, right, and it's perfectly reasonable to require all
    > work to be submitted in a particular format. However, that's a poor
    > choice.


    You, I, and others might not like the choice... but it is not our choice to
    make.

    Are you against schools having the right to make such a choice? Would be
    interesting to see if you take an anti-choice stance on this issue.



    --
    Do you ever wake up in a cold sweat wondering what the world would be
    like if the Lamarckian view of evolution had ended up being accepted
    over Darwin's?


  5. Re: Online Classes

    "thufir" stated in post
    jpxjk.144425$gc5.28994@pd7urf2no on 7/28/08 9:55 PM:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:02:00 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >>>>> You're not going to find anyone who claims that all documents look
    >>>>> the same in OO as they do in word. What's your point? Draw a
    >>>>> freaking conclusion for ****s sake.
    >>>>
    >>>> I have repeatedly talked about the obvious conclusion: if a school
    >>>> requires MS Word and you use OpenOffice you risk hurting your grade
    >>>> and wasting your time.
    >>>>
    >>>> Does this confuse you?
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> I would hardly qualify that as "drawing a conclusion" unless you're
    >>> mentally handicapped.

    >>
    >> Ah, you see my comment was simple and accurate.

    >
    >
    > The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory Mac
    > advocacy).


    What "Mac Advocacy" do you see in my noting that if a college requires MS
    Word then a student is best off using MS Word. Heck, I have even said that
    they should use the same version - one that is *not* available for the
    Mac... nor should they use Pages, even though it is at least largely
    compatible with MS Word.

    You really have no clue what you are talking about... or do not care how
    inaccurate your BS is.

    My point in this discussion has been amazingly simple, and yet you and
    others wish to debate me on it. And now you mock me for helping to educate
    you. Oh well.


    --
    "Innovation is not about saying yes to everything. It's about saying NO to
    all but the most crucial features." -- Steve Jobs




  6. Re: Online Classes

    Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    > "thufir" stated in post
    > jpxjk.144425$gc5.28994@pd7urf2no on 7/28/08 9:55 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:02:00 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>>>>> You're not going to find anyone who claims that all documents look
    >>>>>> the same in OO as they do in word. What's your point? Draw a
    >>>>>> freaking conclusion for ****s sake.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> I have repeatedly talked about the obvious conclusion: if a school
    >>>>> requires MS Word and you use OpenOffice you risk hurting your grade
    >>>>> and wasting your time.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Does this confuse you?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> I would hardly qualify that as "drawing a conclusion" unless you're
    >>>> mentally handicapped.
    >>>
    >>> Ah, you see my comment was simple and accurate.

    >>
    >>
    >> The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory Mac
    >> advocacy).

    >
    > What "Mac Advocacy" do you see in my noting that if a college requires MS
    > Word then a student is best off using MS Word. Heck, I have even said
    > that they should use the same version - one that is *not* available for
    > the Mac... nor should they use Pages, even though it is at least largely
    > compatible with MS Word.
    >
    > You really have no clue what you are talking about... or do not care how
    > inaccurate your BS is.
    >
    > My point in this discussion has been amazingly simple, and yet you and
    > others wish to debate me on it. And now you mock me for helping to
    > educate
    > you. Oh well.
    >


    No, your point was not "amazingly simple"

    Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it single
    spaced."

    Which is provably balderdash. You are simply wrong and try as hard as you
    can to steer the discussion into a new direction
    --
    There are two kinds of people in this world: the kind that divides
    everybody into two kinds of people, and everybody else


  7. Re: Online Classes

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    488ebb70$0$12953$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 7/28/08 11:40 PM:

    ....
    >>>> Ah, you see my comment was simple and accurate.
    >>>
    >>> The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory Mac
    >>> advocacy).

    >>
    >> What "Mac Advocacy" do you see in my noting that if a college requires MS
    >> Word then a student is best off using MS Word. Heck, I have even said
    >> that they should use the same version - one that is *not* available for
    >> the Mac... nor should they use Pages, even though it is at least largely
    >> compatible with MS Word.
    >>
    >> You really have no clue what you are talking about... or do not care how
    >> inaccurate your BS is.
    >>
    >> My point in this discussion has been amazingly simple, and yet you and
    >> others wish to debate me on it. And now you mock me for helping to
    >> educate
    >> you. Oh well.
    >>

    >
    > No, your point was not "amazingly simple"
    >
    > Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it single
    > spaced."


    Before your said:

    The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory
    Mac advocacy).

    Now you say:

    Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it
    single spaced."

    Are you competing with Rick to see who can change your stories the fastest?

    > Which is provably balderdash. You are simply wrong and try as hard as you
    > can to steer the discussion into a new direction


    If you think I am wrong then try to support your claim... keeping in mind
    the fact I proved I am right with these screen shots:



    I suspect you are going to talk about settings within the programs as if
    that would somehow be more important than the reality of the actual output
    of the programs... maybe whining that it is not the spacing that is screwed
    up in OpenOffice but the row height or some other irrelevant BS.

    The topic, of course, is the effect on the file... not the details of why it
    is screwed up in OpenOffice.

    Good luck in your attempt to disprove reality. Of course we both know you
    will just run and when you realize how much you have humiliated yourself you
    will lash out and target my personal and business life - you have no faith
    in yourself or in your views.

    But I shall play your game and let you sink to such a level at your own
    pace... you can even pretend I did not predict it 100%.



    --
    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein


  8. Re: Online Classes

    Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > 488ebb70$0$12953$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 7/28/08 11:40 PM:
    >
    > ...
    >>>>> Ah, you see my comment was simple and accurate.
    >>>>
    >>>> The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory Mac
    >>>> advocacy).
    >>>
    >>> What "Mac Advocacy" do you see in my noting that if a college requires
    >>> MS
    >>> Word then a student is best off using MS Word. Heck, I have even said
    >>> that they should use the same version - one that is *not* available for
    >>> the Mac... nor should they use Pages, even though it is at least largely
    >>> compatible with MS Word.
    >>>
    >>> You really have no clue what you are talking about... or do not care how
    >>> inaccurate your BS is.
    >>>
    >>> My point in this discussion has been amazingly simple, and yet you and
    >>> others wish to debate me on it. And now you mock me for helping to
    >>> educate
    >>> you. Oh well.
    >>>

    >>
    >> No, your point was not "amazingly simple"
    >>
    >> Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it single
    >> spaced."

    >
    > Before your said:
    >
    > The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory
    > Mac advocacy).


    You might provide the Msg-ID for that.
    You are *again* lying, Snit/Snot/Michael Glasser. I have *not* said that

    > Now you say:
    >
    > Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it
    > single spaced."
    >
    > Are you competing with Rick to see who can change your stories the
    > fastest?


    No. I am saying that you are simply wrong. You have repeatedly said
    that "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it single spaced."

    Which is wrong. Lets repeat it again, because we know that you have a severe
    reading comprehension problem, Michael Glasser: *you* *are* *wrong*

    >> Which is provably balderdash. You are simply wrong and try as hard as you
    >> can to steer the discussion into a new direction

    >
    > If you think I am wrong then try to support your claim... keeping in mind
    > the fact I proved I am right with these screen shots:
    >
    >


    What you are proving here is your utter idiocy. Simply take a look at the
    *table* itself, you incompetent nimwit. It is *single* *space* in Word
    *and* in OO. A fact which you keep ignoring. Because it proves you are
    wrong (again)

    < snip more Michael Glasser idiocy >
    --
    Linux is for people who want to know why it works.
    Mac is for people who don't want to know why it works.
    DOS is for people who want to know why it does not work.
    Windows is for people who don't want to know why it does not work.


  9. Re: Online Classes

    "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    488ec11e$0$12943$9b4e6d93@newsspool2.arcor-online.net on 7/29/08 12:05 AM:

    ....
    >> Before your said:
    >>
    >> The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory
    >> Mac advocacy).

    >
    > You might provide the Msg-ID for that.


    My mistake... that was Thufir, not you. My apologies.

    ....
    > No. I am saying that you are simply wrong. You have repeatedly said
    > that "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it single spaced."


    And yet you snipped my comments about why you are wrong:

    ------
    If you think I am wrong then try to support your claim...
    keeping in mind the fact I proved I am right with these
    screen shots:



    I suspect you are going to talk about settings within the
    programs as if that would somehow be more important than the
    reality of the actual output of the programs... maybe whining
    that it is not the spacing that is screwed up in OpenOffice
    but the row height or some other irrelevant BS.

    The topic, of course, is the effect on the file... not the
    details of why it is screwed up in OpenOffice.

    Good luck in your attempt to disprove reality. Of course we
    both know you will just run and when you realize how much you
    have humiliated yourself you will lash out and target my
    personal and business life - you have no faith in yourself or
    in your views.

    But I shall play your game and let you sink to such a level
    at your own pace... you can even pretend I did not predict it
    100%.
    ------

    Poor Peter... he knows, for a fact, that I am right and it just eats away at
    him.


    --
    BU__SH__




  10. Re: Online Classes

    Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > 488dc56c$0$9506$9b4e6d93@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 7/28/08 6:11 AM:
    >
    > ...
    >>> You just have to suck up to Glasser, don't you? You just can't have a
    >>> conversation without dissing something.
    >>>

    >>
    >> Apart from the fact that Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser was totally wrong in
    >> his claim that Word has the table double spaced and OO single spaced.
    >> *Both* have it single spaced.

    >
    > I posted a screen shot, Peter. You, simply, are wrong.


    You posted a "screen schot", Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser? Anoder uff your
    numerous forgeries? Get lost mitt you idiocy.

    Instead uff simply takingkt a look into ze table to see dat ja, it ist
    *singktle* spaced in Vord as vell as in OO. But nein, Snot/Snit/Michael
    Glasser "IT teacher" par excellence (and ze most incompetent ein to be
    found dis side uff andromeda) takes "a screen schot"

    Vhy don't you just simply announce in plain klear vords dat you are
    indeed a bladeringkt idiot?

    < Snot snip >


  11. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 23:55:15 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > Before your said:
    >
    > The point is that you have no point (aside from the obligatory Mac
    > advocacy).
    >
    > Now you say:
    >
    > Your point was: "Word has the table double spaced, and OO has it
    > single spaced."




    You ****ing idiot, you're mixing up who said what. Fix your attributions.


    -Thufir

  12. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:58:48 -0700, Snit wrote:


    > You, I, and others might not like the choice... but it is not our choice
    > to make.
    >
    > Are you against schools having the right to make such a choice? Would
    > be interesting to see if you take an anti-choice stance on this issue.
    >



    I mandate that all schools use thufir-format (patent pending); $1 per
    submitted paper.


    -Thufir

  13. Re: Online Classes

    On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 04:58:00 +0000, thufir wrote:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:29 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >
    >>>> The question is not about the ability to read PDF...
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> But if the "professor" is so inflexible on accepting PDF's then I
    >>> would wonder why. Is he unable to install software to read them? Does
    >>> he just not want to? What's the deal? It's a mickey-mouse
    >>> requirement, is everything he does mickey-mouse?
    >>>
    >>>

    >> Another way to look at its how many pieces of software should an
    >> instructor have to use to read students' work? It is more efficient for
    >> the instructor to only have to deal with one application. Instructors
    >> can then focus on grading the assignment, and get those grades out
    >> quicker.

    >
    >
    > There's a grey area, right, and it's perfectly reasonable to require all
    > work to be submitted in a particular format. However, that's a poor
    > choice.
    >

    Grade 50 assignments sometime and let me know :-)



    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" stated in post
    LO-dnVygFfRRbxPVnZ2dnUVZ_vninZ2d@supernews.com on 7/29/08 3:37 AM:

    > On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 04:58:00 +0000, thufir wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:51:29 -0500, Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>>>> The question is not about the ability to read PDF...
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>>> But if the "professor" is so inflexible on accepting PDF's then I
    >>>> would wonder why. Is he unable to install software to read them? Does
    >>>> he just not want to? What's the deal? It's a mickey-mouse
    >>>> requirement, is everything he does mickey-mouse?
    >>>>
    >>>>
    >>> Another way to look at its how many pieces of software should an
    >>> instructor have to use to read students' work? It is more efficient for
    >>> the instructor to only have to deal with one application. Instructors
    >>> can then focus on grading the assignment, and get those grades out
    >>> quicker.

    >>
    >>
    >> There's a grey area, right, and it's perfectly reasonable to require all
    >> work to be submitted in a particular format. However, that's a poor
    >> choice.
    >>

    > Grade 50 assignments sometime and let me know :-)


    Well, now that links to the number of classes I teach have been posted...
    grade that many classes worth of students some time.

    --
    I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please
    everyone. -- Bill Cosby


  15. Re: Online Classes

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Snit

    wrote
    on Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:57:17 -0700
    :
    > "thufir" stated in post
    > guxjk.40939$nD.22175@pd7urf1no on 7/28/08 10:01 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 21:03:05 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> Some of the reasons why a PDF might not be acceptable have been covered.

    >>
    >> Well, you'll have to refresh my memory because I'm going to go out on a
    >> limb and say that 99.99%, or better, of the time OO creates a PDF fine.

    >
    > The question of how good of a job OpenOffice does in making PDF files is
    > irrelevant.
    >
    >> These are just essays or spreadsheets, right?

    >
    > These are whatever files the college uses... and for whatever reason.
    >
    > If you use PDF and not Word files:
    >
    > * Other students might be able to collaborate - especially in an
    > online class this is a likely thing to be done.


    I'm confused. I hope you mean that other students can collaborate if
    everyone uses MS word. Of course there's a flip side: cheating.

    >
    > * Outlining is more flexible in MS Word.


    PDF doesn't *DO* outlining. It's the rough equivalent
    of attempting to organize one's thoughts by counting the
    brush strokes.

    For its part ooimpress does outlining about the same as PowerPoint.
    I've not tried outlining in oowriter; it may not even be possible.

    >
    > * The instructor now has to use two programs where before they
    > used but one. The fact they have to do something "special"
    > for you might lead to them treating you as "special" in more
    > ways than one. I do not condone such behavior from profs
    > but I recognize it exists.
    >
    > * Text selection is often easier in MS Word than in a PDF reader.


    See above. Granted, most PDF generators will use

    .... (word) show

    which at least makes text selection somewhat possible,
    though some might use

    .... (w) show (o) show (r) show (d) show

    and completely scramble the letters.

    >
    > * Searches for fonts or formatting is easier with an MS Word doc.


    Not sure why anyone would want to do that.

    >
    > * Verification of spacing, borders, etc. is easier with an MS Word doc.
    >
    > * Macros... though that is likely not very common for most classes.
    >
    > * Templates: MS Office has oodles... some of them even good.
    >
    > * MS Word has a grammar checker. It is useful for catching some errors.
    >
    > * OpenOffice has no real outline view...
    >
    > * Animated text. Ok, just kidding. Does anyone use that? Anyone?
    >
    > This is not to say that OpenOffice does not have its benefits... but those
    > are not things that are likely to be focused on for a class... the
    > instructor does not assume the student has the better program (better in
    > those areas).


    The instructor's better program is the one he can use. In this case,
    that's Microsoft Word. Others might use other programs.

    There are three choices for the school board.

    [1] Leave it up to the instructor.
    [2] Require the instructor to use industry/de-facto standard products.
    [3] Require the instructor to use actual standard products.

    >
    >>> You claimed my "conclusions" were something only a person of limited
    >>> mental capacity could fail to understand.

    >>
    >> No, the meaning was that only someone of limited mental capacity would
    >> mistake your observations for conclusions.

    >
    > I make obvious statements and show how I came to those conclusions because
    > people such as yourself question the most obvious of things.
    >
    > In other words I educate you and you whine.
    >
    > Oh well.
    >



    --
    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Useless C++ Programming Idea #889123:
    std::vector<...> v; for(int i = 0; i < v.size(); i++) v.erase(v.begin() + i);
    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  16. Re: Circus over.

    "Steve Carrolll" wrote in message
    news:g6ls15$gh8$1@registered.motzarella.org
    > "Wally" wrote in message
    > news:C4B48421.239D%Wally@wally.world.net
    >> On 28/7/08 10:31 PM, in article
    >> trollkiller-D33107.08310128072008@ne...ps.comcast.net, "Steve
    >> Carroll" wrote:
    >>
    >>> In article ,
    >>> Snit wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>>> 7d6dnXJ5QahTaBHVnZ2dnUVZ_s_inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/27/08 3:25 PM:
    >>>>
    >>>>> On Sun, 27 Jul 2008 11:14:18 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>>>>> LdKdnZdYN6LqKxHVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/27/08 10:55
    >>>>>> AM:
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> ...
    >>>>>>>>> -----
    >>>>>>>>> Doing a quick search on the web I find this:
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> Naturally you fail to provide the URL, as usual
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> Opening in MS Word the table is double spaced - as it
    >>>>>>>>> should be.
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>> And *again* Michael Glasser is completely full of ****, as
    >>>>>>>> usual The table is *not* double spaced, neither in Word nor in
    >>>>>>>> OO
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>
    >>>>>>>>> See the above example. OpenOffice mangles an APA template.
    >>>>>> ...
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>>> I just printed the page with the table. The vertical spacing is
    >>>>>>> different. The spacing in Words looks the same as the double
    >>>>>>> spacing in the document. The spacing in OO.o looks single
    >>>>>>> spaced.
    >>>>>>
    >>>>>> Wait: does it look double spaced on the screen but prints single
    >>>>>> spaced?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> You had your chance, Glxsser, but you went into your circus in
    >>>>> COLA. I don't know when the cross-posting started, but I'm not
    >>>>> continuing your circus
    >>>>
    >>>> Poor Rick... makes an idiot of himself...
    >>>
    >>> Please explain how the only people you ever come in to contact with
    >>> in csma and
    >>> cola are all "idiots", "liars", "trolls", etc.

    >>
    >> Karma?

    >
    > His Dogma?
    >
    >>> You claim to have a psych degree...

    >>
    >> Probably true..... But the name on it wouldn¹t be his!

    >
    > The official psychology paperwork with Snit's name on it is not a
    > degree unless you count how many degrees from sanity he is.
    >
    >
    >>> maybe there is a clue here for you.

    >>
    >> If so guaranteed Snit could never find it!


    Snit, please stop forging my posting ID so that you can play the victim
    again.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit



  17. Re: Online Classes

    On Jul 28, 11:48*am, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    > Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:
    >
    > > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > > 488dc56c$0$9506$9b4e6...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 7/28/08 6:11 AM:

    >
    > > ...
    > >>> You just have to suck up to Glasser, don't you? You just can't have a
    > >>> conversation without dissing something.

    >
    > >> Apart from the fact that Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser was totally wrong in
    > >> his claim that Word has the table double spaced and OO single spaced.
    > >> *Both* have it single spaced.

    >
    > > I posted a screen shot, Peter. *You, simply, are wrong.

    >
    > You posted a "screen shot", Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser?
    > Another of your numerous forgeries?
    > Get lost with you idiocy.
    >
    > Instead of simply taking a look into the table to see that yes, it is
    > *single* spaced in Word as well as in OO. But no, Snot/Snit/Michael
    > Glasser "IT teacher" par excellence (and the most incompetent one to be
    > found this side of andromeda) takes "a screen shot"


    Actually, as far as I can tell on all of my machines, you're both
    sorta right and wrong at the same time. I've opened that document in
    Word:mac 2008, Word 2007, Word 2002, and OpenOffice.org 2.4.1 (Ubuntu)
    and that table is double-spaced in every single one of them,
    *including OpenOffice.org*. However, every copy of Word adds extra
    space at the bottom of each cell, which OpenOffice.org for whatever
    reason isn't doing.

  18. Re: Online Classes

    On Aug 7, 12:35*pm, Jesus wrote:
    > On Jul 28, 11:48*am, Peter Köhlmann wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > > Michael Glasser (Snot) snotted:

    >
    > > > "Peter Köhlmann" stated in post
    > > > 488dc56c$0$9506$9b4e6...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net on 7/28/08 6:11 AM:

    >
    > > > ...
    > > >>> You just have to suck up to Glasser, don't you? You just can't havea
    > > >>> conversation without dissing something.

    >
    > > >> Apart from the fact that Snot/Snit/Michael Glxsser was totally wrongin
    > > >> his claim that Word has the table double spaced and OO single spaced..
    > > >> *Both* have it single spaced.

    >
    > > > I posted a screen shot, Peter. *You, simply, are wrong.

    >
    > > You posted a "screen shot", Snot/Snit/Michael Glasser?
    > > Another of your numerous forgeries?
    > > Get lost with you idiocy.

    >
    > > Instead of simply taking a look into the table to see that yes, it is
    > > *single* spaced in Word as well as in OO. But no, Snot/Snit/Michael
    > > Glasser "IT teacher" par excellence (and the most incompetent one to be
    > > found this side of andromeda) takes "a screen shot"

    >
    > Actually, as far as I can tell on all of my machines, you're both
    > sorta right and wrong at the same time. *I've opened that document in
    > Word:mac 2008, Word 2007, Word 2002, and OpenOffice.org 2.4.1 (Ubuntu)
    > and that table is double-spaced in every single one of them,
    > *including OpenOffice.org*. *However, every copy of Word adds extra
    > space at the bottom of each cell, which OpenOffice.org for whatever
    > reason isn't doing.


    Actually, it looks like the difference is from the different ways
    OpenOffice.org and Word handle double-spacing in general. Word puts
    the space even when there isn't another line underneath, while
    OpenOffice.org only adds the space there when two lines are next to
    each other and are supposed to be double-spaced. It's arguable which
    way is better, but it explains why Rick wasn't seeing that spacing
    setting set and why they render differently in the different word
    processors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15