Online Classes - Linux

This is a discussion on Online Classes - Linux ; On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:07:11 -0700, Snit wrote: > "Rick" stated in post > t_udnVzTZIMMvhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:52 PM: > >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:20:40 -0700, Snit wrote: >> >>> "Rick" stated in post >>> t_udnSTTZIOsbxDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 298

  1. Re: Circus Done

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:07:11 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > t_udnVzTZIMMvhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:52 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:20:40 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> t_udnSTTZIOsbxDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 9:22 AM:

    >>> You, Rick, have acknowledged the following quotes from you are correct
    >>> (or at least appear to be in your view):

    >> Replied to in another post.
    >> The quotes look like mine,
    >> Your conclusions are incorrect. (snip)

    Circus Done

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Circus Done

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:07:20 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > t_udnV_TZINcvhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:53 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:24:49 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> t_udnSHTZIOOahDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 9:42 AM:

    >> See....

    >>> You, Rick, have acknowledged the following quotes from you are correct
    >>> (or at least appear to be in your view):

    >> (circus snip)

    (circus snip)
    Circus Done

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:09:24 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > t_udnV7TZINovhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:54 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:11:50 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> t_udnSjTZIN9chDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 9:12 AM:

    >>> As shown by the screen shots at the link it clearly did... as I have
    >>> described.
    >>>
    >>> Why do you deny such easy to demonstrate facts?

    >> The formatting of the table was slightly different. That is not
    >> mangling the template.

    > The formatting of the table is not the only error OpenOffice made:
    >

    > Now you play semantic games with the term "mangled", but clearly the
    > representation of the file is different enough as to risk ones grade.

    I compared the documents side by side. The formatting of the table was
    slightly different. That is not mangling the template.

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Circus over

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:17:13 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > t_udnVnTZIN-uRPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:58 PM:
    >
    >> On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:24:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> t_udnSfTZIPubxDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 9:23 AM:

    >>> LOL! Not now... now that you have been told that there would be no
    >>> problem with using a different one.

    >> I don't care why now, I didn't care why then.
    >>

    >>> Before you claimed it was merely an opinion that it was silly to
    >>> require a *USB* mic.

    >> It still is an opinion. Your opinion. Apparently your opinion differs
    >> from the teacher's.

    >>> This has been covered repeatedly... if you cannot figure it out yet
    >>> that is your problem.

    >> So, you are admitting you don't know if it is a requirement or not,
    >> even though it was plainly stated as a requirement.
    >>
    >>> If you apologize for your going out of your way to tie your posts to
    >>> my name *and* agree to no longer do so in the future I will help you
    >>> understand such basic things.

    >> Michael Glxsser, you are a liar.
    >>

    >>> And in response Rick will dig through the thread and claim he was
    >>> merely feigning ignorance.
    >>>
    >>> Completely predictable.

    >> Michael Glxsser, you are a liar.

    >>> Yours: specifically that it is merely an opinion that the *USB* mic
    >>> requirement is silly...

    >> What is there to back up? Your statement that the *USB* mic
    >> requirement is silly is not a fact, it is an opinion. Your opinion.
    >>
    >>> yet you cannot think of a single reason why it would not be silly...
    >>> heck, you can no longer even figure out what the requirements stated!

    >> You're a liar, Michael Glxsser.

    >> Screw you. Go take your meds.

    > On and on you go... spewing insults and lies and tying your trolling to
    > *my* name. How pathetic.

    Circus over.
    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Online Classes

    On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:03:37 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Well, Glasser, I see you are still editing people's posts.

    > And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep
    > trying to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    Actually, I just replied to most of his posts in the thread letting him
    know this particular circus is over.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Online Classes

    "RonB" stated in post
    kCpjk.5126$KZ.4994@newsfe03.iad on 7/28/08 1:03 PM:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Well, Glxsser, I see you are still editing people's posts.

    > And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep trying
    > to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    I would love to see Rick note what he thinks is edited... he associates
    threads with *my* name... and will not associate them with his own. I work
    against his BS and he whines.

    He is, clearly, a despicable troll.

    --
    I am one of only .3% of people who have avoided becoming a statistic.

  7. Re: Circus Done

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVfTZIOkthPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:25 PM:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:07:11 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> t_udnVzTZIMMvhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:52 PM:

    >>> Replied to in another post.
    >>> The quotes look like mine,
    >>> Your conclusions are incorrect. (snip)

    > Circus Done

    You, Rick, have acknowledged the following quotes from you are correct (or
    at least appear to be in your view):

    Rick:
    I never said a consistent interface wasn't important.

    Rick:
    Actually my view is not so different from usability experts.
    It does enhance usability to have menus and controls in the
    same places across applications. The more uniform or
    consistent that is, the better for the user. I have said this
    many times before. I am not coming around to your point of
    view.

    Rick:
    I have repeatedly said I agree that that consistency across
    an interface lowers errors and increases efficiency of use.

    Snit:
    The fractured UI present in every desktop distro -
    a combo of KDE, Gnome and others...
    Rick:
    That's at least 3 UIs.

    Rick:
    Which UI would that be?
    Snit:
    The fractured UI present in every desktop distro - a combo of
    KDE, Gnome and others... there are differences, of course, in
    the different distros in details, but they all share that
    trait...
    Rick:
    That's at least 4 UIs.

    Snit:
    If you think it is merely an opinion and not a solid fact
    then point to the desktop Linux distro that does not have a
    UI with a fractured combo of KDE, Gnome, and others... or
    otherwise is not quite inconsistent.
    Rick:
    Your example is not one UI, it is a least 4 UIs.

    Whoever wrote the above *clearly* was agreeing with me about at least some
    of the facts and problems associated with the fractured UI of desktop Linux.

    Yet you, Rick, deny agreeing with me.

    I can accept that you no longer agree with your above claims, but to deny
    them as you also have admitted they appear to be accurately yours is - well,
    another flip flop of yours.

    OK, and of course, Rick, you will whine about the *term* "fractured"... but
    the fact is the user experience of desktop Linux consists of, as *you* say,
    "at least 4 UIs". This clearly leads to inconsistencies... which *you* say
    is not "better for the user".

    So just where - other than your semantic games - do you think you disagree
    with me in the facts and problems with the fracturing of the user experience
    of desktop Linux?

    And - predictably - you will run from that question, Rick. You will claim I
    am lying for merely quoting you... and then you will not say which quote you
    think is not fairly quoted.

    How many times do you want to play that same game?

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  8. Re: Circus Done

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVbTZIP5thPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:26 PM:

> [...]

    another flip flop of yours.

    OK, and of course, Rick, you will whine about the *term* "fractured"... but
    the fact is the user experience of desktop Linux consists of, as *you* say,
    "at least 4 UIs". This clearly leads to inconsistencies... which *you* say
    is not "better for the user".

    So just where - other than your semantic games - do you think you disagree
    with me in the facts and problems with the fracturing of the user experience
    of desktop Linux?

    And - predictably - you will run from that question, Rick. You will claim I
    am lying for merely quoting you... and then you will not say which quote you
    think is not fairly quoted.

    How many times do you want to play that same game?

    --
    God made me an atheist - who are you to question his authority?

  9. Re: Circus over

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVXTZINItxPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:23 PM:

> [...]

    them as you also have admitted they appear to be accurately yours is - well,
    another flip flop of yours.

    OK, and of course, Rick, you will whine about the *term* "fractured"... but
    the fact is the user experience of desktop Linux consists of, as *you* say,
    "at least 4 UIs". This clearly leads to inconsistencies... which *you* say
    is not "better for the user".

    So just where - other than your semantic games - do you think you disagree
    with me in the facts and problems with the fracturing of the user experience
    of desktop Linux?

    And - predictably - you will run from that question, Rick. You will claim I
    am lying for merely quoting you... and then you will not say which quote you
    think is not fairly quoted.

    How many times do you want to play that same game?

    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  10. Re: Circus over

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVTTZIOWthPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:24 PM:

> [...]

    them as you also have admitted they appear to be accurately yours is - well,
    another flip flop of yours.

    OK, and of course, Rick, you will whine about the *term* "fractured"... but
    the fact is the user experience of desktop Linux consists of, as *you* say,
    "at least 4 UIs". This clearly leads to inconsistencies... which *you* say
    is not "better for the user".

    So just where - other than your semantic games - do you think you disagree
    with me in the facts and problems with the fracturing of the user experience
    of desktop Linux?

    And - predictably - you will run from that question, Rick. You will claim I
    am lying for merely quoting you... and then you will not say which quote you
    think is not fairly quoted.

    How many times do you want to play that same game?

    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  11. Re: Circus over

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVDTZINcthPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:27 PM:

    >> On and on you go... spewing insults and lies and tying your trolling to
    >> *my* name. How pathetic.

    > Circus over.

    You keep saying that but then you push your "circuses" where you lie and
    flip flop and then admit my quotes from you at least seem accurate... but
    then call me a liar for quoting you!

    Then you freak out and tie your BS to *my* personal name... where you will
    *not* tie it to your own.

    How pathetic of you.

    --
    "For example, user interfaces are _usually_ better in commercial software.
    I'm not saying that this is always true, but in many cases the user

  12. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVHTZIMNthPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:26 PM:

    >> The formatting of the table is not the only error OpenOffice made:
    >>

    >> Now you play semantic games with the term "mangled", but clearly the
    >> representation of the file is different enough as to risk ones grade.

    > I compared the documents side by side. The formatting of the table was
    > slightly different. That is not mangling the template.

    See! I told you that you would play semantic games with the word "mangled".

    Man, I love being able to predict you trolls so well. I know it pisses you
    off.

    Don't forget to deny that... it will amuse me.

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  13. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" stated in post
    t_udnVPTZIOZsRPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 1:28 PM:

    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:03:37 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, Glasser, I see you are still editing people's posts.

    >> And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep
    >> trying to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    > Actually, I just replied to most of his posts in the thread letting him
    > know this particular circus is over.

    Sure, often when you get really, really far over your head you run. I love
    it.

    You, again, made a complete and total fool of yourself... but now you are
    ending your circus.

    Good day! At least you are still an amusing troll!

    --
    Satan lives for my sins... now *that* is dedication!

  14. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:t_udnVPTZIOZsRPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 15:03:37 -0500, RonB wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> Well, Glasser, I see you are still editing people's posts.

    >> And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep
    >> trying to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    > Actually, I just replied to most of his posts in the thread letting
    > him know this particular circus is over.

    And now Snit will claim he beat you because you are "running". He repeats
    the same bull**** over and over and expects you to reply every time.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  15. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:t_udnVHTZIMNthPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 13:09:24 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> t_udnV7TZINovhPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 12:54 PM:

    >>> The formatting of the table was slightly different. That is not
    >>> mangling the template.

    >> The formatting of the table is not the only error OpenOffice made:
    >>

    >> Now you play semantic games with the term "mangled", but clearly the
    >> representation of the file is different enough as to risk ones grade.

    > I compared the documents side by side. The formatting of the table was
    > slightly different. That is not mangling the template.

    I just compared them and they were exactly the same. Snit forged the PDF.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  16. Re: Online Classes

    "RonB" wrote in message
    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> Well, Glasser, I see you are still editing people's posts.

    > And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep
    > trying to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    People are not as stupid as Snit needs them to be.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  17. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" wrote in message
    news:t_udnVrTZINxuBPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.co m
    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:47:13 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> 7d6dnW95QajgJxDVnZ2dnUVZ_s_inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 5:24 AM:

    >>> Students can always ask the teachers for exceptions to the rules.
    >>> It is done quite frequently. The answer is usually no, but not
    >>> always.

    >> Correct - and I have no problem with students *asking*.

    > Oh. YOU have no problem with it. Well Hallelujah, Michael Glasser has
    > no problem with students asking. All is right with the world

    Snit does not even teach so what does his opinion matter?

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  18. Re: Online Classes

    "Rick" wrote in message
    > On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 11:24:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> t_udnSfTZIPubxDVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/28/08 9:23 AM:

    >>> I don't care why.

    >> LOL! Not now... now that you have been told that there would be no
    >> problem with using a different one.

    > I don't care why now, I didn't care why then.
    >

    >> Before you claimed it was merely an opinion that it was silly to
    >> require a *USB* mic.

    > It still is an opinion. Your opinion. Apparently your opinion differs
    > from the teacher's.
    >

    >>> Is it a class requirement or not?

    >> This has been covered repeatedly... if you cannot figure it out yet
    >> that is your problem.

    > So, you are admitting you don't know if it is a requirement or not,
    > even though it was plainly stated as a requirement.
    >
    >> If you apologize for your going out of your way to tie
    >> your posts to my name *and* agree to no longer do so in the future I
    >> will help you understand such basic things.

    > Michael Glasser, you are a liar.
    >

    >> And in response Rick will dig through the thread and claim he was
    >> merely feigning ignorance.
    >>
    >> Completely predictable.

    > Michael Glasser, you are a liar.

    >>> What claims?

    >> Yours: specifically that it is merely an opinion that the *USB* mic
    >> requirement is silly...

    > What is there to back up? Your statement that the *USB* mic
    > requirement is silly is not a fact, it is an opinion. Your opinion.
    >
    >> yet you cannot think of a single reason why it
    >> would not be silly... heck, you can no longer even figure out what
    >> the requirements stated!

    > You're a liar, Michael Glasser.

    > Screw you. Go take your meds.

    Snit is having a bad reaction from combining meds.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  19. Re: Online Classes

    "Steve Carrolll" wrote in message
    > "Rick" wrote in message
    > news:t_udnVPTZIOZsRPVnZ2dnUVZ_rHinZ2d@supernews.co m

    >>> And he always will. That's the way of the troll. So why do you keep
    >>> trying to "reason" with him? Not going to work.

    >> Actually, I just replied to most of his posts in the thread letting
    >> him know this particular circus is over.

    > And now Snit will claim he beat you because you are "running". He
    > repeats the same bull**** over and over and expects you to reply
    > every time.

    Snit, please stop forging my posting ID.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  20. Re: Online Classes