Kernel debugger - Linux

This is a discussion on Kernel debugger - Linux ; Hi, I would like to debug kernel using a debugger. I would like to know the debuggers available in Linux to debug kernel. I heard about kdb. But to use that we need two boxes. Right? Thanks, Deepak...

  1. Kernel debugger

    Hi,

    I would like to debug kernel using a debugger. I would like to know
    the debuggers
    available in Linux to debug kernel.

    I heard about kdb. But to use that we need two boxes. Right?

    Thanks,
    Deepak

  2. Re: Kernel debugger

    deepak wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > I heard about kdb. But to use that we need two boxes. Right?

    No. Using kdb you don't need another Linux machine - it is how *kgdb*
    works but not kdb.
    PS, kgdb was merged to 2.6.26.

  3. Re: Kernel debugger

    deepak a skrivas:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to debug kernel using a debugger. I would like to know
    > the debuggers
    > available in Linux to debug kernel.

    I have a small kernel debugger (icebox) in my page (see below).
    The advantage is that it does not ask for any kernel patch.
    The disadvantages are that it has not many features, and, as it uses
    the text mode, it cannot run with graphical mode enabled.

    Cheers.

    --
    Ken ar c'henta˝ | ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
    Jef | http://moinejf.free.fr/

  4. Re: Kernel debugger

    Keeping Linux smoke+spam free

    Jean-Fran├žois Moine wrote:
    > deepak a skrivas:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I would like to debug kernel using a debugger. I would like to know
    > > the debuggers
    > > available in Linux to debug kernel.

    > I have a small kernel debugger (icebox) in my page (see below).
    > The advantage is that it does not ask for any kernel patch.
    > The disadvantages are that it has not many features, and, as it uses
    > the text mode, it cannot run with graphical mode enabled.
    >
    > Cheers.
    >
    > --
    > Ken ar c'henta´┐Ż | ** Breizh ha Linux atav! **
    > Jef | http://moinejf.free.fr/

+ Reply to Thread