debian developers play pranks. - Linux

This is a discussion on debian developers play pranks. - Linux ; Here's a great little spat going on. It seems the debian developers decided to screw up peoples machines in an attempt to stop them using NVidias installer. I had the problem (I was called a liar in COLA of course). ...

  1. debian developers play pranks.

    ,----

    `----

    --
    "What's wrong, (p)Rick? Were you defending the innocence of Hans "The
    Linux Butcher" Reiser, and now that he's about to give up the body

  2. Re: debian developers play pranks.

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:37:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > Here's a great little spat going on. It seems the debian developers
    > decided to screw up peoples machines in an attempt to stop them using
    > NVidias installer. I had the problem (I was called a liar in COLA of
    > course).
    >

    > ,----
    >| From: Dave Uhring
    >| Subject: Re: XEN in non-XEN Lenny 686 kernel
    >| Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.debian
    >| Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:15:57 -0500

    >|> How Debian developer see it:
    >|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481485
    >|
    >| Wankers, all of them.
    >|
    >| There is no reason whatsoever for configuring XEN in the standard kernel
    >| except to create a deliberate problem.

    >| There is only *one* file which gets broken and I know from experience
    >| which one it is.

    >|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481161
    >|
    >| It's always someone else's fault. If I wanted a XEN kernel I would
    >| install one.
    >|
    >|> Seems that open-source-developers cant live in peace with
    >|> closed-sources- programmers.
    >|
    >| It reminds me of the dick contest between them and Jrg Schilling a few
    >| years ago.
    > `----

    Wonderful.....

    That's what happens when there is no accountability, no checks and balances
    and too many Indians and not enough chiefs.

    When you depend upon basement ware Linux, this is the kind of crap that you
    are going to have to deal with.

    All it takes is for one weirdo developer to go *skitzo* and the childish
    pranks will begin.

    Then there is Hans Reiser......
    Well, he took it a wee bit too far.

    Obsession with Linux will do that to you.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: debian developers play pranks.

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 18:02:29 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 23:37:46 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> Here's a great little spat going on. It seems the debian developers
    >> decided to screw up peoples machines in an attempt to stop them using
    >> NVidias installer. I had the problem (I was called a liar in COLA of
    >> course).
    >>

    >> ,----
    >>| From: Dave Uhring | Subject: Re: XEN in non-XEN
    >>Lenny 686 kernel | Newsgroups: alt.os.linux.debian
    >>| Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:15:57 -0500 | User-Agent: Pan/0.14.2 (This
    >>is not a psychotic episode. It's a cleansing moment of clarity.) |
    >>use of the nVidia driver. |>
    >>|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481485 |
    >>| Wankers, all of them.
    >>|
    >>| There is no reason whatsoever for configuring XEN in the standard
    >>kernel | except to create a deliberate problem. |
    >>use the nvidia installer you are on your own. You also cause |> |
    >>package files to be overwritten and will likely have breakage on |> |
    >>upgrades in the future. Have fun. |
    >>| There is only *one* file which gets broken and I know from experience
    >>| which one it is.

    >>the |> | xen problem in the debian packages by patching the driver build
    >>|>
    >>|> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=481161 |
    >>| It's always someone else's fault. If I wanted a XEN kernel I would |
    >>install one.

    >>closed-sources- programmers.
    >>|
    >>| It reminds me of the dick contest between them and Jörg Schilling a
    >>few | years ago.
    >> `----

    > Wonderful.....
    >
    > That's what happens when there is no accountability, no checks and
    > balances and too many Indians and not enough chiefs.
    >
    > When you depend upon basement ware Linux, this is the kind of crap that
    > you are going to have to deal with.
    >
    > All it takes is for one weirdo developer to go *skitzo* and the childish
    > pranks will begin.
    >
    > Then there is Hans Reiser......
    > Well, he took it a wee bit too far.
    >
    > Obsession with Linux will do that to you.

    You are such a dishonest, bigoted bitch.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread