NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 22 July 2008 NYLUG Python Workshop - Linux

This is a discussion on NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 22 July 2008 NYLUG Python Workshop - Linux ; what="official NYLUG announcement" note="The NYLUG Python Workshop meets every second Tuesday."> From: NYLUG Announcements To: NYLUG Announcements Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:20:01 -0400 (EDT) Subject: [nylug-announce] NYLUG Python Workshop, (TOMORROW) July 22 6:00PM-8:00PM This is a reminder for the ...

  1. NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 22 July 2008 NYLUG Python Workshop

    what="official NYLUG announcement"
    note="The NYLUG Python Workshop meets every second Tuesday.">

    From: NYLUG Announcements
    To: NYLUG Announcements
    Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:20:01 -0400 (EDT)
    Subject: [nylug-announce] NYLUG Python Workshop, (TOMORROW) July 22 6:00PM-8:00PM

    This is a reminder for the event detailed below.

    PYTHON WORKSHOP
    Date: Tuesday, July 22, 2008
    Time: 6:00pm
    Duration: 2 hours
    Location: NY Public Library Hudson Park Branch, 66 Leroy St., NY NY 10014

    Topics:
    General discussion about Python, and working through example code.
    Bring something to discuss! There's a blackboard, chalk, and Internet
    access. Notebook computers are helpful but not required.
    All levels of Python experience from totally new to experienced welcome!

    We will continue meeting on a bi-weekly basis at the Hudson Library at
    66 Leroy St New York, NY 10014.

    It is helpful, but not necessary to have a notebook computer.
    The WiFi at the library works now.

    Map & Directions:
    http://maps.google.com/maps?q=The+Hu...NY+10014&hl=en
    (http://tighturl.com/fp)

    We meet in the basement. Enter the library and head to the back. If the
    door is closed when you arrive you can ask the manager of the library for
    the keys to the room if you're comfortable opening up the basement, or
    you can wait for some of the others to arrive.

    Mailing List:
    We have a mailing list! Join it here:

    or send mail to: nylug-workshop-request@nylug.org
    with a Subject: subscribe

    There is also an RSS feed for the workshop mailing list at:
    http://nylug.org/mlist/nylug-python.rss

    IRC Channel:
    On Freenode, in #nylug-python . Stop by #nylug also.

    The Next Meeting After This Meeting:
    The following Python Workshop will be held on: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 at 6:00 PM

    Distributed poC TINC:

    Jay Sulzberger
    Corresponding Secretary LXNY
    http://www.lxny.org

  2. Re: NYC LOCAL: Tuesday 22 July 2008 NYLUG Python Workshop

    On 21 Jul 2008 15:23:50 -0400, secretary@lxny.org wrote:

    > PYTHON WORKSHOP

    Can I bring my trouser snake?

    --