[Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament - Linux

This is a discussion on [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament - Linux ; Linonut wrote: > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo: > >> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire >> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked. > > ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 39 of 39

  1. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    > Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    And a million other "businesses" over time and across many different
    countries which have been equally exploitative and unethical.

  2. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    > Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    Do they trade on NYSE?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >>> employees than any other company in history at least last time I checked.

    >> Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    > Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    > Do they trade on NYSE?

    They're an export company and not all companies trade on an exchange in
    New York.

    Alias

  4. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Alias wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    >> Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    >> Do they trade on NYSE?
    >>

    > They're an export company and not all companies trade on an exchange in
    > New York.

    You have a new troll on your tail named Alias. It has been replying to
    you from one of the msnews.com NG(s) where it trolls about Linux. I told
    the idiot that it was stupid of it to just reply to you in the MS NG(s)
    and not back to Advocacy. I see the nut has taken my advise. ;-)

    If you thought 7 was bad, this maniac is right there with it.

  5. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:30:17 +0200, Alias wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:05:54 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.

    >> Last time I looked the Columbian drug cartel was not a company.
    >> Do they trade on NYSE?
    >>

    > They're an export company and not all companies trade on an exchange in
    > New York.
    >
    > Alias

    Hahaha!
    True!
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Ben wrote:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Moshe Goldfarb. peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >>
    >>> Just in case you didn't know, Microsoft has produced more millionaire
    >>> employees than any other company in history at least last time I
    >>> checked.

    >> Big deal. So has the Colombian drug cartel.
    >>

    > And a million other "businesses" over time and across many different
    > countries which have been equally exploitative and unethical.

    You should read the book "Rats in the Grain", which is about the
    supermarket to the world company, and it controls everything you eat
    world wide. MS is nothing compared to it -- nothing.

  7. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Verily I say unto thee, that joevan spake thusly:
    > Ben wrote:

    >> And a million other "businesses" over time and across many
    >> different countries which have been equally exploitative and
    >> unethical.

    Yes, however few of those other businesses are a direct threat to the
    subject matter of this group.

    If I was a farmer, I might be inclined to complain about corruption in
    the supermarket business, but since I'm not, and in fact have more
    interest in computing than turnips, I'm more inclined to complain about
    the subset of corporate corruption pertinent to that interest.

    > You should read the book "Rats in the Grain", which is about the
    > supermarket to the world company, and it controls everything you eat
    > world wide. MS is nothing compared to it -- nothing.

    Wal-Mart is probably a far more corrupt corporation than Microsoft, and
    yes I care about that too, but not in this group (except on the few
    occasions where Wal-Mart and Linux intersect).

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...LILAigKH4rnxDA

    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    20:06:38 up 214 days, 16:42, 4 users, load average: 0.34, 0.30, 0.27

  8. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:07:00 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Wal-Mart is probably a far more corrupt corporation than Microsoft, and
    > yes I care about that too, but not in this group (except on the few
    > occasions where Wal-Mart and Linux intersect).

    Sooner or later I had to agree with [Homer] on something.
    Walmart is highly corrupt and predatory......
    They are worse than Microsoft, IBM and Enron all rolled together.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:07:00 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >

    >> Wal-Mart is probably a far more corrupt corporation than Microsoft, and
    >> yes I care about that too, but not in this group (except on the few
    >> occasions where Wal-Mart and Linux intersect).

    > Sooner or later I had to agree with [Homer] on something.
    > Walmart is highly corrupt and predatory......
    > They are worse than Microsoft, IBM and Enron all rolled together.

    I'm just glad we don't have Wal Mart here in the UK...

    Wait...

    *facepalms*

    ASDA are a Wal Mart subsidiary...

  10. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 21:20:06 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:07:00 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> Wal-Mart is probably a far more corrupt corporation than Microsoft, and
    >>> yes I care about that too, but not in this group (except on the few
    >>> occasions where Wal-Mart and Linux intersect).

    >> Sooner or later I had to agree with [Homer] on something.
    >> Walmart is highly corrupt and predatory......
    >> They are worse than Microsoft, IBM and Enron all rolled together.
    >>

    > I'm just glad we don't have Wal Mart here in the UK...
    >
    > Wait...
    >
    > *facepalms*
    >
    > ASDA are a Wal Mart subsidiary...

    Walmart is a horrible company that has a record of employee abuse and
    predetary tactics.

    Typically they come into a small town and put the local little shops out of
    business although they will claim the opposite if you take the time to
    study them.

    They tend to attract low class and lower middle class type consumers who
    are looking at price and nothing else.
    The brands they carry are typical low end but WRT to household items it's
    generally the same stuff you can buy elsewhere and runs the spectrum.

    The marketing tactics they use are insidious.
    People think that just because they pruchased something at Walmart, it's
    going to be the best price.
    They also think that just because one item happens to have a good price,
    everything else will.

    One trick they use is to put sale items down an aisle but on the end caps
    of that aisle (prime real estate BTW), the items are slightly overpriced.

    The shopping experience at Walmart is kind of like riding in a cattle car.

    I pretty much avoid the place.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    bbgruff wrote:

    > Don't worry about it - it will all change again.
    >
    > I could almost write their lines for them (in the not-too-distant
    > future):-
    >
    > flatty: "I don't know what you mean - I was always a strong advocate
    > of Linux, and PClinuxOS in particular. Check it out in google!"
    >
    > DFS: "I don't know what you mean - the only thing that I ever did
    > was to try to curb the more-extreme Linux zealots. I've been using
    > Linux for years.
    >
    > Quirky: I was always a Linux advocate, ever since my days at CERN
    > and IBM, and as befits a kernel hacker and FOSS developer.
    >
    > TAB: I have loved Linux ever since I helped a law firm to convert to
    > it. I have only ever ranted about the unhelpful attitude of certain
    > members of this group.

    Not sure what you're trying to say, Mr Gruff. Are you implying we'll
    shortly have an about-face and embrace Linux?

    Here's my understanding:

    * Moshe sometimes uses PCLinuxOS
    * Hadron is a full-time Linux user, heavy into emacs (some Windows for
    games)
    * TAB seems to be a most-time Linux user

    As for me, I guess I have been using Linux for years - for maybe 1-2 hours
    per week on average.

  12. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:

    > Fraud? How so? I never pretend to be something I'm not. Unlike
    > yourself.

    huh? You try and pass yourself off as a Linux "advocate".

    > Dishonest? Bull****. I'm brutally honest, even when it causes me
    > trouble.

    LMAO!

    Why don't you brutally honestly tell us how much billable time you defraud
    your employer out of each day posting to cola?

    Today alone it looks like at least an hour and a half. Posts at:

    =======================
    7:20am
    7:27am
    7:41am
    7:54am
    7:58am
    8:08am before work
    =======================
    arrive office 8:30, work 2.0 hours
    =======================
    10:33am start defrauding employer
    10:48am defraud
    10:50am defraud
    10:55am finish defrauding employer
    =======================
    work 1.0 hours
    =======================
    11:57am defraud employer
    =======================
    hour lunch, then work for 2.5 hrs
    =======================
    3:35pm start defrauding employer
    3:37pm defraud
    3:48pm defraud
    3:56pm finish defrauding employer
    =======================
    work 1.0 hours, head home at 5pm
    =======================
    5:43pm
    5:46pm
    6:12pm
    =======================

    Looks like you worked 6.5 hours today, at most. I bet every day is like
    this, too... and I bet you submit 40 hours on your timesheets.

  13. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    * Hadron peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    > fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    > hypocritical activities.

    Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    "Repulsive"? Get real!

    --
    A gentleman never strikes a lady with his hat on.
    -- Fred Allen

  14. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:

    > Hadron puked:
    >
    >> No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    >> fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    >> hypocritical activities.

    >Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    documented liar "Hadron" Quack.

    >"Repulsive"? Get real!

    Hehe. What a fsckwit.

  15. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron puked:
    >>
    >>> No. You're not. You are frequently caught out in your lies and
    >>> fraudulent claims. We won't even into the realms of your quite repulsive
    >>> hypocritical activities.

    >>Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    > Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    > documented liar "Hadron" Quack.
    >
    >>"Repulsive"? Get real!

    > Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    activities".

    Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.

    Godspeed, Hadron.

    --
    Love at first sight is one of the greatest labor-saving devices the
    world has ever seen.

  16. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut writes:

    > * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hadron puked:

    >>>Complete bull**** from Hadron. It's pretty funny.

    >> Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    >> documented liar "Hadron" Quack.
    >>
    >>>"Repulsive"? Get real!

    >> Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    > Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    > use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    > taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    > failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    > activities".

    You program for Windows every day. You write closed source SW. You then
    insult others who do the same. You are a hypocrite. DFS has you down to
    a T.

    > Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    > operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    > he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.
    >
    > Godspeed, Hadron.

    See what I mean about a fraud and a liar? It was only a short time ago
    that Liarnut was showing off about his killfiles and how he wondered if
    I was still around.

    LOL.

    What a fraud.

    --
    Bwahahahahahahahah - Anyone else think that this announcement from the MS
    marketing machine was anything other than a last ditch attempt to try and

  17. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Linonut wrote:

    >Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    >use it,

    Oh my gosh! You're not pure and perfect! You had an ethical lapse!
    That means that for the rest of your life, you can *never* criticize
    anyone else's ethics! Only if you are **PERFECT** can you do that!

    Sheesh.

    >and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    >taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    >failures.

    Nothing wrong with that, obviously.

    >That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical activities".

    You're way better than any of the filthy lying Wintroll scum, no
    doubt.

    >Now, I'll not contribute any more to the pollution of these fine
    >operating-system Q&A newsgroups. Hadron will be plonked everywhere, so
    >he's free to claim whatever he wants to claim.
    >
    >Godspeed, Hadron.

    I think "FOAD, Hadron" is more appropriate...

  18. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:29:10 +0200
    :
    > Linonut writes:
    >
    >> * chrisv peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Hilarious, coming from the nastiest asshole in here, the shameless,
    >>> documented liar "Hadron" Quack.

    >>> Hehe. What a fsckwit.

    >> Yeah. A few years ago, I downloaded Partition Magic with the intent to
    >> use it, and I do some Windows programming while proclaiming Linux and
    >> taking note of Microsoft's more unethical dealings or technical
    >> failures. That's the sum total of my "quite repulsive hypocritical
    >> activities".

    > You program for Windows every day. You write closed source SW. You then
    > insult others who do the same. You are a hypocrite. DFS has you down to
    > a T.

    Yeppers. Anyone who writes for Microsoft must by necessity
    renounce all interest in and advocacy for open source
    software, get a copy of Vista Ultimate, and just SFU,
    which is also a Microsoft utility package, of course,
    if one really needs Unix-like utilities.

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/i.../bb380242.aspx

    (This includes myself, of course, since Microsoft is one
    of our larger vendors. A lot of others may also
    be in this boat. A lot of others will not be.)

    Oh, BTW:

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/p...cesensePR.mspx
    http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente...en_source.html

    Double-edged sword (good news: they're contributing; bad
    news: they want Apache to support OOXML), but interesting
    nonetheless. Apache must now of course renounce all
    interest in *itself*, and sell IIS instead.

    Since OpenOffice also supports Microsoft formats (not
    OOXML -- yet), they should also abdicate in favor of Word.

    (http://www.openoffice.org)

    [rest snipped]

    Where did you want to go tomorrow?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?

  19. Re: [Dvorak Troll] Vista Lament

    Lots of companies don't trade on the NYSE. In the case of the Colombian Drug
    Cartel, it is most certainly a company. It has income, it has expenses, it
    has a board of directors and it runs the local governments by whatever
    methods of intimidation it can bring to bear. (Well, actually, it IS the
    government for a major chunk of Colombia, though the visible hand of the
    U.S. government is spending hundreds of millions in bribes to people to get
    them to leave the cartel, and the program appears to be working for the
    moment.)

    A "privately held" company with, I'll venture, the DEA and the CIA (the
    other hand of the US government) as major, albeit silent, partners.

    --
    Gary S. Terhune
    MS-MVP Shell/User