Windows Crap -- XP Version - Linux

This is a discussion on Windows Crap -- XP Version - Linux ; Okay, my wife's computer is down -- PS2 port dead and no USB keyboard at the house. So temporarily we set up another XP computer -- slower, less memory, but it should work for a couple days. She needs her ...

  1. Windows Crap -- XP Version

    Okay, my wife's computer is down -- PS2 port dead and no USB keyboard at the
    house. So temporarily we set up another XP computer -- slower, less memory,
    but it should work for a couple days. She needs her HP D7160 Printer to
    print some documents.

    I download the driver. It won't load. Windows is missing three DLLs (which
    have something to do with Microsoft cryptography). This is a freakin'
    PRINTER driver. Are these Microsoft assholes nuts?

    The more I use Linux, the less tolerance I have for Windows.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  2. Re: Windows Crap -- XP Version

    * RonB peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Okay, my wife's computer is down -- PS2 port dead and no USB keyboard at the
    > house. So temporarily we set up another XP computer -- slower, less memory,
    > but it should work for a couple days. She needs her HP D7160 Printer to
    > print some documents.
    >
    > I download the driver. It won't load. Windows is missing three DLLs (which
    > have something to do with Microsoft cryptography). This is a freakin'
    > PRINTER driver. Are these Microsoft assholes nuts?
    >
    > The more I use Linux, the less tolerance I have for Windows.

    You're not alone. In fact, you're lucky you can support your wife's XP
    habit, because Microsoft won't (or can't):

    http://weblog.infoworld.com/gripelin...tml?source=rss

    The Gripe Line | Ed Foster The suspicious death of XP support

    As Microsoft slowly kills off Windows XP itself -- over the protest
    of many users -- it's still unclear exactly when Redmond will
    formally cut off all support for its old OS. But one reader's
    experience in dealing with a series of update fiascos over the last
    few months suggests that XP support may actually have expired
    already, and under suspicious circumstances.

    . . .

    The real issue in all of this, the reader concludes, is Microsoft's
    lack of competence in supporting XP. "Microsoft has done nothing to
    address the nightmares their woefully untested service packs and
    upgrades have caused some of their customers. I spent six weeks
    trying to correct their SP3 screw up and another hour with KB951748.
    Microsoft should have identified both of these as known issues within
    a day or two of their release, and they should be have been
    responsible for alerting their customers and fixing their code. At
    this point, I'm beginning to wonder if any malware can do more damage
    to my system than Microsoft has in their attempts to secure it."

    There doesn't seem much doubt that XP support is dead. The question
    is whether it was killed by incompetence, indifference, or malicious
    intent. What do you think? Post your comments below or write Ed
    Foster ...

    --
    I married beneath me. All women do.
    -- Lady Nancy Astor

  3. Re: Windows Crap -- XP Version

    Linonut wrote:

    You can run you little bitch, but you cannot hide you little bitch.

  4. Re: What are you going to do about it?

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > What did you do to the real Linonut?

    Aw, do you miss your little Linonut licking your Stilettos, Roy?

  5. Re: Windows Crap -- XP Version

  6. Re: Windows Crap -- XP Version

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 13:24:26 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > ____/ Some idiot pretending to be Linonut on Monday 21 July 2008 12:09 : \____
    >
    >> From: Linonut <""BrrYouCanRun\"@ButYouCannotHide .com">

    > What did you do to the real Linonut?

    What's the matter Roy, not getting your monies worth out of Linonut?

    > .-------------------------------------------------.
    >|____________________________________________O_-_X|
    >| File Options Tools Help |
    > `_-_____-________-______-_________________________'
    > | Alert |____________
    > | *Plonk* ' Subject |______________
    > `----------. *Sender* ' Troll |
    > `----------. Idiot |
    > | Moron |
    > | Twit |
    > | Imbecile |
    > | Changeling |
    > | Cretin |
    > | Asshole |
    > | Weird |
    > | Dunce |
    > | Kook |
    > | Eerie |
    > | *Faker* |
    > | Morph |
    > `------------'

    Geek speak....
    What a moron...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  7. Re: Windows Crap -- XP Version

    RonB wrote:
    > Okay, my wife's computer is down -- PS2 port dead and no USB keyboard
    > at the house. So temporarily we set up another XP computer -- slower,
    > less memory, but it should work for a couple days. She needs her HP
    > D7160 Printer to print some documents.

    How is that possible?

    > I download the driver. It won't load. Windows is missing three DLLs
    > (which have something to do with Microsoft cryptography). This is a
    > freakin' PRINTER driver. Are these Microsoft assholes nuts?

    Such a moron. What does MS have to do with the HP driver?

    > The more I use Linux, the less tolerance I have for Windows.

    Tell us the story about how you switched to Linux... except for the Windows
    vm and various Windows apps you continue to use.

  8. Re: What are you going to do about it?

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 08:50:30 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >

    > > What did you do to the real Linonut?

    > Aw, do you miss your little Linonut licking your Stilettos, Roy?

    What a moron. You must have some sort of hard on for Roy and/or Linonut.
    Just come out of the closet and admit it.

    *plonk*

+ Reply to Thread