I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops - Linux

This is a discussion on I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops - Linux ; DFS wrote: > That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops I spotted the first EeePC in public last week -- and yes, it was running Linux, not XP. Apart from that, I know three people ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

  1. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    DFS wrote:

    > That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops


    I spotted the first EeePC in public last week -- and yes, it was running
    Linux, not XP. Apart from that, I know three people who bought one of these
    (and also still run it with Linux), and no, they aren't very Linux-minded
    otherwise.

    > I expect in my lifetime to never see a Linux laptop out in public.


    OMG, DooFuS, that's horrible news! All my sympathy to you and your family
    for your remaining few weeks or months, and we'll certainly miss you!

    Richard Rasker
    --
    http://www.linetec.nl

  2. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    Richard Rasker wrote:
    > OMG, DooFuS, that's horrible news! All my sympathy to you and your family
    > for your remaining few weeks or months, and we'll certainly miss you!


    Speak for yourself.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |

  3. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    * bbgruff peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Ben wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops
    >>>
    >>> I expect in my lifetime to never see a Linux laptop out in public.

    >>
    >> I have one. It's right next to me right now.

    >
    > By jove! Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Ben.
    > Blimey, THREE Vista laptops? After it's been almost exclusively available on
    > new laptops for over 18 months?
    > I guess Vista must be selling really well?
    >
    > Sad about him not expecting to see a Linux laptop out in public during his
    > lifetime though. One dreads to ask what the diagnosis was, but presumably
    > this could well have been the last post that DFS writes to this group.
    > Ah well..... R.I.P.


    Check out the coffee shops in 'lanta. You might find DFS skulking
    around, peering over the shoulders of laptop users.

    --
    Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man --
    who has no gills.
    -- Ambrose Bierce

  4. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    * Ben peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Ben wrote:
    >>> DFS wrote:
    >>>> That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops
    >>>>
    >>>> I expect in my lifetime to never see a Linux laptop out in public.
    >>>>
    >>> I have one. It's right next to me right now.

    >>
    >> Are you having an autoerotic relationship with it, like the creepy Linonut?
    >>
    >> "There's nothing quite like have a UNIX-based system in your lap, is there?"

    >
    > Indeed. Only you would think of it like that.


    It would be nice to have yet another Windows-using lap-dog following me
    around, lapping up all of my postings, only to regurgitate them later,
    if it weren't for my strong suspicion that this one has hydrophobia.

    --
    Okay relax! And assume the position! Go into doggie submission!
    -- Devo

  5. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    Ben wrote:

    >DFS wrote:


    Stupid troll-feeder.

    *plonk*


  6. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS

    wrote
    on Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:13:59 -0400
    :
    > That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops
    >
    > I expect in my lifetime to never see a Linux laptop out in public.
    >


    I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system
    working again (it's a long story; I don't have a webcam or
    cellphonecam), but I can send you a picture of my nx9010
    running Gentoo... :-P

    --
    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    "Vista? What vista?"
    ** Posted from http://www.teranews.com **

  7. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:

    > I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system
    > working again (it's a long story; I don't have a webcam or
    > cellphonecam), but I can send you a picture of my nx9010
    > running Gentoo... :-P


    Post a pic of it sitting in your lap - it's the equivalent of porn for the
    creepy Linonut.




  8. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:48:34 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >
    >> I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system
    >> working again (it's a long story; I don't have a webcam or
    >> cellphonecam), but I can send you a picture of my nx9010
    >> running Gentoo... :-P

    >
    > Post a pic of it sitting in your lap - it's the equivalent of porn for the
    > creepy Linonut.


    I wouldn't if I were him.

    Martii will scarf it for his HackerWerx shrine.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:48:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system
    >>> working again (it's a long story; I don't have a webcam or
    >>> cellphonecam), but I can send you a picture of my nx9010
    >>> running Gentoo... :-P

    >>
    >> Post a pic of it sitting in your lap - it's the equivalent of porn for the
    >> creepy Linonut.

    >
    > I wouldn't if I were him.
    >
    > Martii will scarf it for his HackerWerx shrine.....


    Yuck! What is "scarf"? Is it like "felch"?

  10. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linuxlaptops

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS
    >
    > wrote
    > on Sun, 20 Jul 2008 18:13:59 -0400
    > :
    >> That is, I've now seen 3 Vista laptops and 0 Linux laptops
    >>
    >> I expect in my lifetime to never see a Linux laptop out in public.
    >>

    >
    > I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system



    Amiga. Man what a machine that was. Happy days...

  11. Re: I've seen infinitely more Vista laptops "in the wild" than Linux laptops

    On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 03:23:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." writes:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 20:48:34 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>>
    >>>> I'll have to see if I can get my Amiga digitization system
    >>>> working again (it's a long story; I don't have a webcam or
    >>>> cellphonecam), but I can send you a picture of my nx9010
    >>>> running Gentoo... :-P
    >>>
    >>> Post a pic of it sitting in your lap - it's the equivalent of porn for the
    >>> creepy Linonut.

    >>
    >> I wouldn't if I were him.
    >>
    >> Martii will scarf it for his HackerWerx shrine.....

    >
    > Yuck! What is "scarf"? Is it like "felch"?


    Scarf=Steal, 'borrow' 'find' etc (That's how the kids today use it)

    Felching is a disgusting hobby that apparently Linux advocates in COLA seem
    to enjoy.

    http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...ux&qt_s=Search

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2