EEEXUBUNTU? - Linux

This is a discussion on EEEXUBUNTU? - Linux ; I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said to work right out of the box. Anyone know ...

  1. EEEXUBUNTU?

    I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    to work right out of the box.

    Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

  2. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Of there is a version of xubuntu that the asus eee -- no driversion the
    asus eee -- no driversion to work right out of xubuntu that the asus eee
    -- no driversion of xubuntu that the box. i hear that the asus eee -- no
    driversion of the asus eee -- no driversion of the asus eee -- no
    driversion of xubuntu that is a vers to work right out of xubuntu that
    the box. i hear that.

    I can buy a copy on a cd or sd card? anyone know where i can buy a copy
    on a cd or sd card? anyone know where i can.

  3. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    schreef in bericht
    news8qdnXySLZQVuB7VRVn_vwA@giganews.com...

    > I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    > customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    > fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    > to work right out of the box.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

    This is NOT a help group. Helping other linux users is off-topic, so RTFM!
    http://groups.google.nl/group/comp.o...&output=gplain

    C.O.L.A. Newcomer FAQ and Primer
    SECTION SIX - LINUX COMMUNITY
    -----------------------------
    6.1 Q: What is RTFM?!
    A: This is an acronym for Read The Fuc*ing Manual. This is a common
    answer you'll get when asking for help in the Linux community.
    It's meant to make you feel inadequate while boating the Linux
    persons ego at the same time. See, Linux enthusiasts consider
    themselves to be guru like and above helping out the simple
    newbie. You have to earn your respect by spending countless
    hours becoming a kernel hacker before you're worthy of getting
    any help.

    6.2 Q: Why does everyone think they are better than you when
    using Linux?
    A: Same as above. When people use Linux they believe since it
    takes a little more knowledge to use Linux, they are technically
    superior, and see themselves as an elite group that doesn't have
    time for the pathetic little Windows people.
    --
    HPT

  4. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    High Plains Thumper, ye incompetent goodly apple rotten at the heart,
    that is the foul fiend Flibbertigibbet, ye advised:

    > schreef in bericht
    > news8qdnXySLZQVuB7VRVn_vwA@giganews.com...
    >>

    >> I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    >> customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    >> fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    >> to work right out of the box.
    >>
    >> Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?
    >>

    > This is NOT a help group. Helping other linux users is off-topic,
    > so

    Cunt.

    Ik geef je moeder dr van langs met een bespijkerde plank, en daarna schuif
    ik die bij je vader naar binnen.

  5. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    http://xubuntu.org/

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    "Kadaitcha Man" schreef in bericht
    > High Plains Thumper, ye incompetent goodly apple rotten at the heart,
    > that is the foul fiend Flibbertigibbet, ye advised:
    >
    >> schreef in bericht
    >> news8qdnXySLZQVuB7VRVn_vwA@giganews.com...
    >>>

    >>> I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    >>> customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    >>> fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    >>> to work right out of the box.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?
    >>>

    >> This is NOT a help group. Helping other linux users is off-topic,
    >> so

    > Cunt.
    >
    > Ik geef je moeder dr van langs met een bespijkerde plank, en daarna schuif
    > ik die bij je vader naar binnen.

    Ha, Ha, U spreekt met NederDuitsche tong, U is een kut? ja!, hoh, huh!
    enne........, eh, U is vast een aan de ballen gelikte kloothommel met een
    uit de paardenpis gerukte beschimmelde pieldruiper!
    HTH & HAND
    --
    HPT

  7. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    High Plains Thumper, ye quailing bankrupt, scurvy, old, filthy, scurry
    lord, ye reeked:

    > "Kadaitcha Man" schreef in bericht
    >> High Plains Thumper, ye incompetent goodly apple rotten at the heart,
    >> that is the foul fiend Flibbertigibbet, ye advised:
    >>
    >>> schreef in bericht
    >>> news8qdnXySLZQVuB7VRVn_vwA@giganews.com...

    >>> This is NOT a help group. Helping other linux users is off-topic,
    >>> so

    >> Cunt.
    >>
    >> Ik geef je moeder dr van langs met een bespijkerde plank, en daarna
    >> schuif
    >> ik die bij je vader naar binnen.
    >>

    > Ha, Ha, U spreekt met NederDuitsche tong, U is een kut?

    You stupid ****. I might write with an accent but I can speak perfect Dutch.

    Schreveningen.

    Achtentachtig.

    See? No ****ing kraut accent there, hey.

    > ja!, hoh, huh! enne........, eh, U is vast een aan de ballen gelikte
    > kloothommel met een uit de paardenpis gerukte beschimmelde pieldruiper!

    Wat jij nodig hebt is voedselvergiftiging. Je stinkt uit je bek als een aap
    uit z'n reet.

  8. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    > High Plains Thumper, ye quailing bankrupt, scurvy, old, filthy, scurry
    > lord, ye reeked:
    >
    >> "Kadaitcha Man" schreef in bericht
    >>> High Plains Thumper, ye incompetent goodly apple rotten at the heart,
    >>> that is the foul fiend Flibbertigibbet, ye advised:

    >>> Cunt.
    >>>
    >>> Ik geef je moeder dr van langs met een bespijkerde plank, en daarna
    >>> schuif
    >>> ik die bij je vader naar binnen.
    >>>

    >> Ha, Ha, U spreekt met NederDuitsche tong, U is een kut?

    > You stupid ****. I might write with an accent but I can speak perfect
    > Dutch.

    lol !

    > Schreveningen.

    Sjeveningense sjaatsers reden een sjuchtere sjeve sjaats en sjampten hun
    sjone sjoenen!

    > Achtentachtig.

    Agguntaggentug, dear granny? ;-)

    > See? No ****ing kraut accent there, hey.
    >
    >> ja!, hoh, huh! enne........, eh, U is vast een aan de ballen gelikte
    >> kloothommel met een uit de paardenpis gerukte beschimmelde pieldruiper!

    > Wat jij nodig hebt is voedselvergiftiging. Je stinkt uit je bek als een
    > aap
    > uit z'n reet.

    I'm an "aarskoekcommando!" then.
    --
    HPT
    (High Plains Thumper <-> Hoge Vlaktes Neuker)

  9. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    me@privacy.net wrote:

    > I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    > customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    > fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    > to work right out of the box.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

    Don't know where (or if) you can buy a copy on CD or SD card, but it can be
    downloaded here:

    http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  10. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    On 2008-07-20, me@privacy.net claimed:

    > I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    > customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to
    > fiddle with or configuration to change. It is said
    > to work right out of the box.
    >
    > Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

    It looks like it's only available via download. It might never be
    available any other way.

    http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home

    --
    Bring Vista to its knees: start an application.
    Oh, that's right. You can't!

  11. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

  12. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Clogwog nymthieving as High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > This is NOT a

    forum for trolls to post their trash.

    Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 14:03:03 +0200

    Rather sorry that this troll must nymthief for attention.

    --
    HPT
    Maar God bevestigt Zijn liefde jegens ons, dat Christus voor ons

  13. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Kadaitcha Man wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper, ye [snip olde English troll trash]:
    >> me@privacy.net schreef...
    >>
    >>> I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is
    >>> customized to run on the Asus Eee -- no drivers to fiddle
    >>> with or configuration to change. It is said to work right
    >>> out of the box.
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

    >> [snip imposter's troll trash]

    > Cunt. Ik geef je moeder dr van langs met een bespijkerde
    > plank, en daarna schuif ik die bij je vader naar binnen.

    Uw oorringen schudden wanneer u angy bent.

    --
    HPT
    Voorwaar, voorwaar zeg Ik u: Die Mijn woord hoort, en gelooft

  14. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 15:21:34 +0200

    --
    HPT
    Zie, Ik sta aan de deur, en Ik klop; indien iemand Mijn stem zal

  15. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:31:04 +0200

    > I'm an "aarskoekcommando!" then.

    Well put.

    --
    HPT
    Indien wij onze zonden belijden, Hij is getrouw en rechtvaardig,

  16. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > Clogwog nymthieving as High Plains Thumper schreef:
    >
    > Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 16:31:04 +0200
    >
    >> I'm an "aarskoekcommando!" then.

    > Well put.

    Animum debes mutare, non caelum!

  17. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 10:32:26 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-07-20, me@privacy.net claimed:
    >>

    >> I hear that there is a version of Xubuntu that is customized to run on
    >> the Asus Eee -- no drivers to fiddle with or configuration to change.
    >> It is said to work right out of the box.
    >>
    >> Anyone know where I can buy a copy on a CD or SD card?

    > It looks like it's only available via download. It might never be
    > available any other way.
    >
    > http://wiki.eeeuser.com/ubuntu:eeexubuntu:home

    I installed that to my SSD drive. Also, I use an 800x800 virtual desktop.
    If one wishes to do that, then you need to install the intel 915
    utilities (not sure what the package name is) so that the screen
    resolution is set to 800x480 (if you don't, when the virtual desktop
    kicks in the screen will set to 640x480).

  18. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    Clogwog wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper schreef...
    >> Clogwog nymthieving as High Plains Thumper schreef:
    >>
    >>> I'm an "aarskoekcommando!" then.

    >> Well put.

    > Animum debes mutare, non caelum!

    Then, why don't you?

    --
    HPT

  19. Re: EEEXUBUNTU?

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in
    bericht newsan.2008.07.20.23.06.59.218000@invalid.invalid.com. ..
    > Clogwog wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper schreef...

    >>> Well put.

    >> Animum debes mutare, non caelum!

    > Then, why don't you?

    Magna petis?, "Censor morum", cum grano salis, miscere utile dulci.

+ Reply to Thread