Ping: Snit and those who support him - Linux

This is a discussion on Ping: Snit and those who support him - Linux ; "Edward Stanfield" wrote in message news:g5tq2q$ms6$1@registered.motzarella.org > "Inky" wrote in message > news:10345d74-7e4b-4330-84a4-f1728c87aa2d@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com >> On 18 jul, 22:06, "Steve Carrolll" wrote: >> >>> Do you consider Snit to be a beneficial part of the anxiety support >>> group or do ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 60

  1. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "Edward Stanfield" <127.0.0.1@rot.com> wrote in message
    > "Inky" wrote in message
    >> On 18 jul, 22:06, "Steve Carrolll" wrote:
    >>
    >>> Do you consider Snit to be a beneficial part of the anxiety support
    >>> group or do you consider him a troll like everyone else does?

    >> You don't know snit, never have, never will. Poor you, you miss out
    >> on so much. Snit has been supporting people here, long before anyone
    >> ever even heard of you.

    > How does he support people when he is afraid of his own shadow? He
    > claims to be an IT teacher but he has not left his house in 10 years
    > or more. His mother was an alcoholic and that is what makes him act
    > like he does. He is technically incompetent and does nothing but
    > posts with all of his sock puppets to try to make it look like people
    > agree with him. Is that the type person you want to support? Are
    > you really that stupid?

    You have been duped by Snit. Inky is clearly another one of Snit's puppets.
    Nobody can be so stupid as to believe Snit for as long as Inky claims to.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much

  2. Re: Snit and those who support him

    On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:23:27 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > Since Steve started targeting ASAP I have opted to not reply to him...
    > he will simply get more desperate as time goes by... then hopefully give
    > up.

    Luckily for you, Snit, you have no idea what real "targeting" means.
    Being distraught over your persona's overlapping doesn't make you
    victim. On that note, you're from a victim, more like someone who wrote
    some bull**** letter to the paper and meant to use a fake name but
    accidentally used his own letterhead, or something along those lines.

    -Thufir

  3. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:59:00 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > He even went so far as to start talking about my business in
    > derogatory waya (one of the reasons I started referring to my business
    > in my .sig in ASAP and ASAPM was to counter the effects of people
    > finding his comments in Google searches).

    You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    -Thufir

  4. Re: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    GzAgk.16940$nD.15532@pd7urf1no on 7/19/08 11:04 PM:

    > On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 13:23:27 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> Since Steve started targeting ASAP I have opted to not reply to him...
    >> he will simply get more desperate as time goes by... then hopefully give
    >> up.

    > Luckily for you, Snit, you have no idea what real "targeting" means.

    A lie from you. Oh well - you are mad I proved you to a liar so you are
    lashing out.

    Boring.

    Really.

    Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value.
    --Albert Einstein

  5. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    XFAgk.120455$gc5.92330@pd7urf2no on 7/19/08 11:11 PM:

    > On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 08:59:00 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> He even went so far as to start talking about my business in
    >> derogatory waya (one of the reasons I started referring to my business
    >> in my .sig in ASAP and ASAPM was to counter the effects of people
    >> finding his comments in Google searches).

    > You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    My skills are irrelevant to the conversation.

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

  6. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "Inky" wrote in message
    > On 19 jul, 17:59, Snit wrote:
    >
    > all x-posts removed, but ASAP
    >
    >> I admit I have fed the troll far too much - so for now, at least, I
    >> am not responding to his posts... under his Steve Carroll name or
    >> any of his known aliases.

    > Seems like we're the only 2 in this entire thread who aren't one of
    > those.. lol It don't matter what he thinks. I came here 13 years ago,
    > you were already here so, who the heck is steve carroll..

    Snit has not been online for 13 years. I saw when he came to Usenet and I
    was already there. Maybe there was someone else who went by the name Snit
    and Michael took the name. It is the type thing he would do.

    > I keep reading in ASAP, hoping it can become the place again it was 13
    > years ago. It's sad, it was a place easy to reach for people with
    > anxiety disorders.

    A whole group for people without "real jobs".

    > Anyone needing help, support or information, please have a look at
    > alt.support.anxiety-panic.moderated. I know, moderated does not sound
    > inviting but it is just to make sure the trolls and spammers stay
    > out.
    >
    > Back to steve carroll, he must be a very lonely dude..

    Whatever you say, Snit. This is just your newest sock puppet. I keep
    telling you, people are not as stupid as you need them to be.

    > Inky.

    You mean Snit.

  7. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:14:53 -0700, Snit wrote:

    >>> He even went so far as to start talking about my business in
    >>> derogatory waya (one of the reasons I started referring to my business
    >>> in my .sig in ASAP and ASAPM was to counter the effects of people
    >>> finding his comments in Google searches).

    >> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    > My skills are irrelevant to the conversation.

    Another non-response, further indicating that:

    You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    -Thufir

  8. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    Q2Wgk.19262$nD.5114@pd7urf1no on 7/20/08 11:31 PM:

    >>> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    >> My skills are irrelevant to the conversation.

    > Another non-response, further indicating that:
    >
    > You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    My skills are irrelevant to the discussion... but please quote me touting my
    skills.

    But you won't.

    You not only change the topic you lied to do so. Lying has become a nasty
    habit of yours.

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

  9. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    Q2Wgk.19262$nD.5114@pd7urf1no on 7/20/08 11:31 PM:

    >>> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    >> My skills are irrelevant to the conversation.

    > Another non-response, further indicating that:
    >
    > You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    My skills are irrelevant to the discussion... but please quote me touting my
    skills.

    But you won't.

    You not only change the topic you lied to do so. Lying has become a nasty
    habit of yours.

    --
    What do you call people who are afraid of Santa Claus? Claustrophobic.

  10. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:03:51 -0700, Snit wrote:

    >>> My skills are irrelevant to the conversation.

    >> Another non-response, further indicating that:
    >>
    >> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    > My skills are irrelevant to the discussion... but please quote me
    > touting my skills.

    I'm not likely to google the original thread -- based on your response
    I've inferred what likely happened. Even if I were to quote you, your
    chronic comprehension difficulties would likely make it a pointless
    exercise.

    You could, if you wanted to, post a link of him talking about your
    business in a derogatory way. On that note, let me do that, too:

    I think you probably overcharge for very silly services.

    However, you, at some point, introduced your business either in the
    thread or in some other way I'm sure, or maybe a previous thread thus
    making it fair game.

    Even if it wasn't "fair game", you still have not been stalked, that I've
    ever seen.

    -Thufir

  11. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    Vbdhk.125057$gc5.37176@pd7urf2no on 7/21/08 9:17 PM:

    >>> Another non-response, further indicating that:
    >>>
    >>> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    >> My skills are irrelevant to the discussion... but please quote me
    >> touting my skills.

    > I'm not likely to google the original thread -- based on your response
    > I've inferred what likely happened. Even if I were to quote you, your
    > chronic comprehension difficulties would likely make it a pointless
    > exercise.
    >
    > You could, if you wanted to, post a link of him talking about your
    > business in a derogatory way. On that note, let me do that, too:
    >
    > I think you probably overcharge for very silly services.
    >
    > However, you, at some point, introduced your business either in the
    > thread or in some other way I'm sure, or maybe a previous thread thus
    > making it fair game.
    >
    > Even if it wasn't "fair game", you still have not been stalked, that I've
    > ever seen.

    You completely failed to support your claims about me:

    You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    As is all too common for you that comment of yours was simply a fabrication
    you made up.

    What you did, instead, was just silly:

    * Spewed insults.
    * Shared your baseless, derogatory and irrelevant "thoughts" about
    my business life...
    * Claimed I an the one who "introduced" my business in COLA/CSMA
    but provided no evidence (nor reason why if I had that would
    make it acceptable for someone to try to draw Google searches
    about my business to their posts).
    * Introduced the completely irrelevant concept of "stalking".

    You are simply not very good at supporting your claims.

    --
    The answer to the water shortage is to dilute it.

  12. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:28:12 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > You completely failed to support your claims about me:
    >
    > You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    You'll note that the above is actually in the form of a question rather
    than a statement and that, based on your responses, I gave reasons for
    not googling the **** out of it. Really, who cares? If you want to post
    a counterexample, go for it. Else, it looks to be the case.

    Your past and current m.o. are factored in.

    -Thufir

  13. Re: Ping: Snit and those who support him

    "thufir" stated in post
    nRkhk.126569$gc5.66277@pd7urf2no on 7/22/08 6:00 AM:

    > On Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:28:12 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> You completely failed to support your claims about me:
    >>
    >> You touted your skills? He pooped on them? Tough luck.

    > You'll note that the above is actually in the form of a question rather
    > than a statement

    Then the answer is - no. I did not tout my skills and the complaint is not
    about someone questioning my skills.

    Frankly there is no reason you should have even thought so!

    --
    Picture of a tuna soda: http://snipurl.com/f351
    Feel free to ask for the recipe.

  14. Re: Snit and those who support him

    On Jul 18, 5:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > In article ,
    >

    > *"John" wrote:
    > > "Steve Carrolll" wrote in message
    > > >I see that Snit has stopped responding directly to me though he responds
    > > > to me in others posts. *I suppose that is because of his PAD and panics
    > > > when he responds directly to me. *He is clearly scared of the fact I
    > > > speak the truth about him. *I want to know how it is that Snit thinks he
    > > > can be a real teacher when he has PAD that prevents him from leaving his
    > > > house. *How can he be a teacher when he has a disorder that makes him lie,
    > > > troll and grow consumed with hatred of those that talk about his behavior?

    > > > From what I of the anxiety group you people have much the same problems
    > > > as Snit. *Do you find that others call you trolls a lot? *How do you
    > > > explain that to yourselves and to each other? *Are your mothers all
    > > > alcoholics as Snit's was?

    > > > Do you consider Snit to be a beneficial part of the anxiety support
    > > > group or do you consider him a troll like everyone else does?

    > > There is no use responding to a crazed nut named Steve who snips what
    > > somebody writes and trys to run from what they said.

    > Why are you helping Snit troll? Will you, like Snit, be forging posting IDs
    > soon, too, like Snit has done here and elsewhere? Or nymshifting to avoid
    > killfilters? Or sexually harassing female posters? Or purposefully
    > misatrributing words/ideas of others? Or making up lies about others... the way
    > Snit constantly does? Don't forget that (and all the rest of the crap he's
    > pulled) is why Snit has had all the following stated about him:

    You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other.
    No one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go
    mutilate each other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't
    bother us with your repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest
    ****ing whiners I have ever seen.

  15. Re: Snit and those who support him

    "cc" stated in post
    6cc44f70-390d-42d5-9440-4c8627ee8198...oglegroups.com on 7/22/08
    9:29 PM:

    > On Jul 18, 5:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:
    >> In article ,
    >>

    >> *"John" wrote:
    >>> "Steve Carrolll" wrote in message

    >>> There is no use responding to a crazed nut named Steve who snips what
    >>> somebody writes and trys to run from what they said.
    >>>

    >> Why are you helping Snit troll? Will you, like Snit, be forging posting IDs
    >> soon, too, like Snit has done here and elsewhere? Or nymshifting to avoid
    >> killfilters? Or sexually harassing female posters? Or purposefully
    >> misatrributing words/ideas of others? Or making up lies about others... the
    >> way Snit constantly does? Don't forget that (and all the rest of the crap
    >> he's pulled) is why Snit has had all the following stated about him:
    >>

    > You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other.

    Steve, actually wanted to do that at one time - he asked to meet me in
    person and claimed that all I had to do was name the time and place and he
    would meet me. He claimed to have access to free plane tickets so it would
    be easy for him - so he claimed. I agreed and named a time and place,
    though I told him I would *only* talk about the subject he was arguing with
    me over at the time (the fact that 2+2=4... yes, my stating even that was
    enough to make Steve angry). I did say I would only meet him in a very
    public place - at a specific place in a specific airport.

    Steve back pedaled and ran from the offer - there was no chance for
    violence. He then blamed me for his backing out because I did not provide
    any more proof than he did that I would be there.

    Steve is a bully - call him on his bluff and he runs.

    > No one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go mutilate each
    > other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't bother us with your
    > repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest ****ing whiners I have ever
    > seen.

    I do not respond directly to his posts any more - at least for now.

    --
    You really have to give credit to Apple for driving innovation.

  16. Re: Snit and those who support him

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > "cc" stated in post
    > 6cc44f70-390d-42d5-9440-4c8627ee8198...oglegroups.com on 7/22/08
    > 9:29 PM:
    >
    > > On Jul 18, 5:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:

    > >> Why are you helping Snit troll? Will you, like Snit, be forging posting
    > >> IDs
    > >> soon, too, like Snit has done here and elsewhere? Or nymshifting to avoid
    > >> killfilters? Or sexually harassing female posters? Or purposefully
    > >> misatrributing words/ideas of others? Or making up lies about others...
    > >> the
    > >> way Snit constantly does? Don't forget that (and all the rest of the crap
    > >> he's pulled) is why Snit has had all the following stated about him:
    > >>

    > > You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other.

    > Steve, actually wanted to do that at one time - he asked to meet me in
    > person and claimed that all I had to do was name the time and place and he
    > would meet me. He claimed to have access to free plane tickets so it would
    > be easy for him - so he claimed. I agreed and named a time and place,
    > though I told him I would *only* talk about the subject he was arguing with
    > me over at the time (the fact that 2+2=4... yes, my stating even that was
    > enough to make Steve angry). I did say I would only meet him in a very
    > public place - at a specific place in a specific airport.

    You didn't go to that place, you know... when you said you were going to be
    there for a job. You also said you'd take pictures of you there without me... to
    prove I didn't show. Unfortunately, for you, the google record shows you were
    posting to usenet that day... so you lied... again. You expected me to show up
    without providing any proof you'd be there other than your say so.

    I wrote to another poster about you and the offer I made:
    "I offered to come to his city, in a place of his choosing that he can load with
    all his pals, he declined. I offered to fly him out here, he declined. He's a
    liar and a coward... yeah, I'm really gonna believe him when he tells me he'll
    be in Vegas. If he provides concrete proof that he's gonna be there, I'll see
    him in Vegas. It's not like he can't e-mail me proof".

    Your gutless reply... that made *no* sense at all (unless you're a running
    coward, that is):
    "E-mail you proof! *LOL. *What, now you want a copy of my ticket or something.
    LOL! *You are such a back peddling little weasel. *If you want to meet me, let
    me know - I would be happy to meet you there."

    Gee, Snit... if you wanted to meet me why not post up proof of the ticket? I ask
    for proof you'll be there and all of a sudden you try to turn the tables and
    call me the "back peddling little weasel". LOL!

    You seem to forget that another poster, ed, also asked you about the ticket:
    "post up the ticket; why not?"

    Your bull**** reply to ed:
    "What ticket? "

    Great answer. LOL! You forget what you had *just* finished writing about (the
    ticket)! How convenient

    ed came back with another reality you ran from:
    "the ticket you were referring to when you said " now you want a copy of my
    ticket or something". *or did you make it up and forget about it already?"

    You replied to ed with more bullcrap:
    "Read the thread: there is no ticket".

    Here's ed challenging your cowardly lie with even more reality:
    "if you're flying, there is a ticket, even if you get an e-ticket- i flew
    over 200k miles last year, i should know! *=) *even if you didn't make the
    arrangements yourself, you should have a record locator or confimation
    number of some sort on the itinerary they send you. additionally, your plan
    falls apart if you drive, as you state you may possibly do- you can't get inside
    the terminal w/out a ticket".

    Question you must run from: If there was no ticket, why were you talking about a
    ticket?

    Here is what you called a fact.... but google shows it's a lie. You wrote:
    "Fact is I do plan on being in Vegas just when I said, though in a world of
    ticketless travel, I am not sure what proof I could give you even if I wanted".

    Too bad the reality ed laid out dashes this BS story to the ground. Too bad
    google proves you were posting to usenet that day... as ebot has previously
    shown... and you will deny... again. No matter... the above conversation shows
    who the "back peddling little weasel" here is... as you tried to make up all
    kinds of stories that ed kept calling you on

    > Steve back pedaled and ran from the offer

    Offer? I offered *numerous* times... all seen on google... and the offer is
    still open.

    Fact: You were the guy who ran, who is still running.

    Of course, I'm a lot bigger than any blood pressure cuff that has you writhing
    on the floor in a panic attack so I don't blame you. Who would expect a guy who
    won't even leave his house to show up? No one... not even you. LOL!

    > - there was no chance for
    > violence. He then blamed me for his backing out because I did not provide
    > any more proof than he did that I would be there.
    >
    > Steve is a bully - call him on his bluff and he runs.

    You never called me on anything. You ran like a little girl

    > > No one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go mutilate
    > > each
    > > other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't bother us with your
    > > repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest ****ing whiners I have ever
    > > seen.

    > I do not respond directly to his posts any more - at least for now.

    Sure... and everyone believes you're telling the truth about this, too .

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  17. Re: Snit and those who support him

    In article <6cc44f70-390d-42d5-9440-4c8627ee8198@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    cc wrote:

    > On Jul 18, 5:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > > In article ,
    > >

    > > *"John" wrote:
    > > > "Steve Carrolll" wrote in message

    > > > There is no use responding to a crazed nut named Steve who snips what
    > > > somebody writes and trys to run from what they said.

    > > Why are you helping Snit troll? Will you, like Snit, be forging posting IDs
    > > soon, too, like Snit has done here and elsewhere? Or nymshifting to avoid
    > > killfilters? Or sexually harassing female posters? Or purposefully
    > > misatrributing words/ideas of others? Or making up lies about others... the
    > > way
    > > Snit constantly does? Don't forget that (and all the rest of the crap he's
    > > pulled) is why Snit has had all the following stated about him:
    > >

    > You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other.
    > No one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go
    > mutilate each other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't
    > bother us with your repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest
    > ****ing whiners I have ever seen.

    Snit won't be meeting anyone. He was too afraid to go to his own mother's
    birthday party. He has panic attacks at the sight of a blood pressure cuff. He
    has talked about being housebound on usenet... he obviously still is. He hasn't
    taken a vacation from posting in the ~5 years he's been coming to csma... not
    one.

    --
    "Apple is pushing how green this is - but it [Macbook Air] is
    clearly disposable... when the battery dies you can pretty much
    just throw it away". - Snit

  18. Re: Snit and those who support him

    On Jul 23, 3:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:
    > In article <6cc44f70-390d-42d5-9440-4c8627ee8...@27g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
    >

    > *cc wrote:
    > > On Jul 18, 5:37*pm, Steve Carroll wrote:

    > > > Why are you helping Snit troll? Will you, like Snit, be forging posting IDs
    > > > soon, too, like Snit has done here and elsewhere? Or nymshifting to avoid
    > > > killfilters? Or sexually harassing female posters? Or purposefully
    > > > misatrributing words/ideas of others? Or making up lies about others.... the
    > > > way
    > > > Snit constantly does? Don't forget that (and all the rest of the craphe's
    > > > pulled) is why Snit has had all the following stated about him:

    > > You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other.
    > > No one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go
    > > mutilate each other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't
    > > bother us with your repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest
    > > ****ing whiners I have ever seen.

    > Snit won't be meeting anyone. He was too afraid to go to his own mother's
    > birthday party. He has panic attacks at the sight of a blood pressure cuff. He
    > has talked about being housebound on usenet... he obviously still is. He hasn't
    > taken a vacation from posting in the ~5 years he's been coming to csma...not
    > one.

    I don't give a ****.

  19. Re: Snit and those who support him

    "cc" stated in post
    28ee69af-6164-45a9-8faf-82ab2fce94e3...oglegroups.com on 7/23/08
    4:38 PM:

    >>> You and Snit need to get together and beat the **** out of each other. No
    >>> one gives a **** about either of you except each other, so go mutilate each
    >>> other, kiss, do whatever it is you weirdos do and don't bother us with your
    >>> repetitive **** again. You two are the biggest ****ing whiners I have ever
    >>> seen.
    >>>

    >> Snit won't be meeting anyone. He was too afraid to go to his own mother's
    >> birthday party. He has panic attacks at the sight of a blood pressure cuff.
    >> He has talked about being housebound on usenet... he obviously still is. He
    >> hasn't taken a vacation from posting in the ~5 years he's been coming to
    >> csma... not one.
    >>

    > I don't give a ****.

    Steve hopes people will care about and believe his lies. Just for the
    record: his comments above are *clearly* not true, there there are *kernels*
    of truth to some of his lies... kernels he has glommed on to as he spews his
    fabrications in the hope that some people will recall some similar
    conversation and take his BS to be fact.

    In the end he is, clearly, doing nothing but showing I am 100% right about
    him. I wonder if he is bright enough to understand that.

    --Aldous Huxley

  20. Re: Snit and those who support him

    In article ,
    Snit wrote:

    > Steve hopes people will care about and believe his lies. Just for the
    > record: his comments above are *clearly* not true, there there are *kernels*
    > of truth to some of his lies, kernels he has glommed on to as he spews his
    > fabrications in the hope that some people will recall some similar
    > conversation and take his bull**** to be fact.
    >
    > In the end he is, clearly, doing nothing but showing I am 100% right about
    > him. I wonder if he is bright enough to understand that.

    You care about what Carroll says, otherwise you would not reply to him
    or refer to him when you reply to other posters.