Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters - Linux

This is a discussion on Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters - Linux ; Ben wrote: > DFS wrote: >> See, your problem, "Ben", is you just don't have a clue about the >> cola wackjobs. >> > > If you think they're "whackjobs", just don't bother with them. > > It wouldn't be ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

  1. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Ben wrote:
    > DFS wrote:

    >> See, your problem, "Ben", is you just don't have a clue about the
    >> cola wackjobs.
    >>

    > If you think they're "whackjobs", just don't bother with them.
    >
    > It wouldn't be seen as very mature to run up to the schizophrenic hobo
    > mumbling to himself and run away, would it? So if you truly percieve
    > them as "whackjobs", step back and move on, and show some maturity on
    > your own part.

    Again, since you didn't hear me the first time: Mind your own business.

  2. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Hadron and DFS follow similar suit.
    >
    > It is interesting how their posts follow Microsoft Evangelism,
    > very patterned.

    Anything negative about Linux - all true of course, it being a truly silly
    "operating system" - can be construed as MS "evangelism" if you're stupid
    and paranoid enough.

  3. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 12:28:19 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron and DFS follow similar suit.
    >>
    >> It is interesting how their posts follow Microsoft Evangelism,
    >> very patterned.

    > Anything negative about Linux - all true of course, it being a truly silly
    > "operating system" - can be construed as MS "evangelism" if you're stupid
    > and paranoid enough.

    The Linux movement has all the underpinnings of a true cult.
    You're either with them 100 percent or you are against them.

    Sully Linux and you are immediately the enemy.

    Expose the seedy underbelly of Linux and you are immediately the enemy.

    It's a cult I tell ya...

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Hadron wrote:
    > Ben writes:
    >
    >> Felmon wrote:
    >>> On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 14:53:05 -0700, raylopez99 quoth:

    >>> similarly: disease leads to enhanced scientific knowledge, thus disease is
    >>> good.
    >>>
    >>> Felmon

    >> That works when you assume the trolls aren't inherently a form of
    >> disease to begin with, at least.

    > Yes. It's all becoming clearer now. For someone who has just started
    > posting, you sure have a lot to say (and in a certain style) about "the
    > trolls".

    Whether on a forum or Usenet, what's the real difference in the end?

  5. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >> High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >>> Hadron and DFS follow similar suit.
    >>>
    >>> It is interesting how their posts follow Microsoft Evangelism, very
    >>> patterned.

    >> Anything negative about Linux - all true of course, it being a truly
    >> silly "operating system" - can be construed as MS "evangelism" if
    >> you're stupid and paranoid enough.

    Lie.

    > The Linux movement has all the underpinnings of a true cult. You're
    > either with them 100 percent or you are against them.
    > Sully Linux and you are immediately the enemy.
    > Expose the seedy underbelly of Linux and you are immediately the enemy.
    > It's a cult I tell ya...

    Lie.

    These examples of astroturfing follow closely to the Microsoft Evangelism
    philosophy, 'Use [...] the Internet, etc. to heighten the impression that
    the enemy is desperate, demoralized, defeated, [...] associated with
    mental deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny".
    Just keep rubbing it in, via the [...] newsgroups, [...] make the complete
    failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of the
    computer industry.'

    (reference PDF pages 45 & 55 on
    http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf - Comes vs Microsoft lawsuit )

    --
    HPT

  6. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

    > Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >
    > I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    It's amazing that these Widiots are so utterly brainwashed that they've
    become denialist and revisionist about Microsoft's criminal behaviour.
    It's all there documented in black and white for the world to see.

    Guilty!

    But then it's not their memories that are crumbling, it's their moral
    backbones. They know Microsoft are criminals; they just don't care.

    Maybe this'll help refresh their memories:

    http://www.groklaw.net/staticpages/i...05010107100653

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    00:32:42 up 211 days, 21:08, 4 users, load average: 0.29, 0.32, 0.31

  7. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    George wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >>A lot of stuff

    > That was fast!
    >
    > This is not good. The trolls have had their way with your group for so
    > long that one guy thinks I am not even who I say I am!
    >
    > As though I said anything inflammatory enough to generate such a reply.

    "Hadron" Quack is an asshole extraordinaire. And a fsckwit. And a
    shameless liar.

    But you probably already knew that.

  8. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

  9. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    > DFS wrote:

    > We'll all stand by while you find proof that Microsoft was convicted
    >> of anything, or that Gates lied.

    > Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm

    "Findings of fact" and "conclusions of law" are not convictions.

    And didn't you hear? His "conclusions of law" were overturned because the
    scummy judge violated the Code of Conduct for US Judges, and "the actions of
    the trial judge seriously tainted the proceedings before the District Court
    and called into question the integrity of the judicial process."

    Still waiting...

  10. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    On Jul 19, 10:00*pm, Roy Schestowitz
    wrote:

    > They try to sell a legend. Like Pokahontas to tell the story about the
    > manslaughter (holocaust even) of the Indian Americans.
    >
    > "Savages, savages, savages," they say in the film.

    Pokahontas married John Smith freely and it just didn't work out,
    because of disease and stuff. Bad luck not bad genes IMO.

    I doubt you would have stopped killing the Indians if you lived back
    then, from your 'facist' mode of posting spam today--you don't seem a
    very nice guy to me. So get off the 'high horse' crazy indian loving
    Roy Rodgers Schestowitz...we see through your facade.

    RL

    DFS wrote:
    > Phil Da Lick! wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:

    >> We'll all stand by while you find proof that Microsoft was convicted
    >>> of anything, or that Gates lied.

    >> Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm

    > "Findings of fact" and "conclusions of law" are not convictions.
    >
    > And didn't you hear? His "conclusions of law" were overturned because the
    > scummy judge violated the Code of Conduct for US Judges, and "the actions of
    > the trial judge seriously tainted the proceedings before the District Court
    > and called into question the integrity of the judicial process."
    >
    > Still waiting...

    "guilty!"

    "erm, no here are some technicalities..."

  12. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> We'll all stand by while you find proof that Microsoft was convicted of
    >> anything, or that Gates lied.

    > Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >
    > http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >
    > I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    operating systems without incurring substantial costs."

    . . .

    Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    --
    A man arrived home early to find his wife in the arms of his best friend,
    who swore how much they were in love. To quiet the enraged husband, the

    "Alright," agreed the husband. "But how about a quarter a point
    on the side to make it interesting?"

  13. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> We'll all stand by while you find proof that Microsoft was
    >>> convicted of anything, or that Gates lied.

    >> Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >>
    >> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >>
    >> I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    > "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    > that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    > to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    > computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    > operating systems without incurring substantial costs."
    >
    > . . .
    >
    > Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

  14. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm

    In essence, Microsoft mounted a deliberate assault upon
    entrepreneurial efforts that, left to rise or fall on their own
    merits, could well have enabled the introduction of competition into
    the market for Intel-compatible PC operating systems.

    While the evidence does not prove that they would have succeeded
    absent Microsoft's actions, it does reveal that Microsoft placed an
    oppressive thumb on the scale of competitive fortune, thereby
    effectively guaranteeing its continued dominance in the relevant
    market.

    More broadly, Microsoft's anticompetitive actions trammeled the
    competitive process through which the computer software industry
    generally stimulates innovation and conduces to the optimum benefit
    of consumers.

    --
    The man smiled. "I am stealing ideas," he said.
    -- Geoffrey James, "The Tao of Programming"

  15. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    DFS wrote:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >>>
    >>> I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    >> "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    >> that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    >> to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    >> computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    >> operating systems without incurring substantial costs."
    >>
    >> . . .
    >>
    >> Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    > Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    Yes...

    *smiles sarcastically*

  16. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 11:35:48 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >>>
    >>> I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    >> "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    >> that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    >> to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    >> computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    >> operating systems without incurring substantial costs."
    >>
    >> . . .
    >>
    >> Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    > Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    Uh, no.

    --
    Rick

    DFS wrote:
    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Seeing as you guys all get hardons for bbc accuracy:
    >>>
    >>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_depth/...oft/700702.stm
    >>>
    >>> I suppose that's 0.8% accurate, huh?

    >> "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    >> that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    >> to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    >> computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    >> operating systems without incurring substantial costs."
    >>
    >> . . .
    >>
    >> Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    > Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    They may well be but then you and the rest of dummy brigade spend an
    inordinate proportion of your lives trolling against them so maybe not huh?

  18. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    * Ben peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> Linonut wrote:
    >>> * Phil Da Lick! peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> "The Court has already found, based on the evidence in this record,
    >>> that there are currently no products - and that there are not likely
    >>> to be any in the near future - that a significant percentage of
    >>> computer users worldwide could substitute for Intel-compatible PC
    >>> operating systems without incurring substantial costs."
    >>>
    >>> . . .
    >>>
    >>> Microsoft's campaign must be termed predatory.

    >> Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    > Yes...
    >
    > *smiles sarcastically*

    Nope. It is simply yet another DFS lie.

    Of course, he'll claim it is only his "opinion".

    --
    Can anything be sadder than work left unfinished? Yes, work never begun.

  19. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Ben peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    >> Yes...
    >>
    >> *smiles sarcastically*

    > Nope. It is simply yet another DFS lie.
    >
    > Of course, he'll claim it is only his "opinion".

    Oh I know, but oh well, his choice I guess. Best we can do is sit and
    smile to make him think he's actually worth something.

  20. Re: Lurker surfaces, annoyed at some idiot posters

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Ben peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:

    >>> Linux/OSS products must be termed inferior.

    >> Yes...
    >>
    >> *smiles sarcastically*

    > Nope. It is simply yet another DFS lie.
    >
    > Of course, he'll claim it is only his "opinion".

    An opinion shared by the vast majority of the PC-using world, which rejects
    free Linux/OSS dirtware and would rather pay for Windows/Mac/commercial
    code.