[News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws Through Brainwash - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws Through Brainwash - Linux ; Homer writes: > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly: > >> The only thing I can even hope to identify is loss of potential >> revenue, and even then Homer insists (and probably ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 24 of 24

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws Through Brainwash

    Homer writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >
    >> The only thing I can even hope to identify is loss of potential
    >> revenue, and even then Homer insists (and probably correctly; I can't
    >> tell) that the main individuals interested in getting payware for
    >> free would not have gone for the payware in the first place anyway;
    >> therefore no revenue is lost.

    > That's the "pirates" argument, not mine.
    >
    > Mine is quite simply that revenue !== exclusivity (monopoly).
    >
    > Linonut and I have already posted several links to creative works that
    > are /sold/ for profit, and yet have no restrictions on distribution,
    > proving that such a method does work (of course history also proves
    > this, since copyrights did not always exist).

    Does work for who? Cheapskates and thieves like you?

    uh, huh.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws Through Brainwash

    Homer writes:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Hardon spake thusly:
    >> Andrew Halliwell writes:

    >>> Poor old hardon just can't get it through his thick skull that
    >>> there's a difference and keeps on calling me a thief because of it.
    >>>
    >>> It's rather sad how far their mental problems have gone really,
    >>> isn't it?

    >> And I suspect Hans didn't "murder" his wife. He merely facilitated a
    >> seizure of the heart.

    > How did we get from you making libellous allegations of theft, to Hans
    > Reiser?

    It's linked to the bit you, not surprisingly, snipped.

    --
    "Off the top of my head, I can't tell you which sites. They are ones that
    throw up some kind of dialog, I change the user agent and look at them

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws Through Brainwash

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:29:29 +0200
    :
    > Homer writes:
    >
    >> Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >>
    >>> The only thing I can even hope to identify is loss of potential
    >>> revenue, and even then Homer insists (and probably correctly; I can't
    >>> tell) that the main individuals interested in getting payware for
    >>> free would not have gone for the payware in the first place anyway;
    >>> therefore no revenue is lost.

    >> That's the "pirates" argument, not mine.
    >>
    >> Mine is quite simply that revenue !== exclusivity (monopoly).
    >>
    >> Linonut and I have already posted several links to creative works that
    >> are /sold/ for profit, and yet have no restrictions on distribution,
    >> proving that such a method does work (of course history also proves
    >> this, since copyrights did not always exist).

    > Does work for who? Cheapskates and thieves like you?
    >
    > uh, huh.

    http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...c.html#hominem

    5 yard penalty; still second down.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Been there, done that, didn't get the T-shirt.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] More BSA-IDC-Microsoft Circus for New Laws ThroughBrainwash

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron wrote
    > on Tue, 22 Jul 2008 12:29:29 +0200
    > :

    >> Does work for who? Cheapskates and thieves like you?

    What have I stolen?

    Put up or shut up.

    [Watches Hardon slither away under a rock].

    >> uh, huh.

    > http://www.infidels.org/library/mode...c.html#hominem
    >
    > 5 yard penalty; still second down.

    He doesn't have any argument, nor the capacity to even formulate one,
    so he'd rather lash out with lies and libel than face defeat.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    20:16:37 up 214 days, 16:52, 4 users, load average: 0.69, 0.35, 0.29

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2