Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially Deeper Trouble - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially Deeper Trouble - Linux ; DFS wrote: > You want to see egregious overcharging? Look into Emperor Linux. Last I > checked, they were charging around $600 to install Linux and resell the Dell > laptop. > That's one distro and does not reflect Linux ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially Deeper Trouble

    DFS wrote:
    > You want to see egregious overcharging? Look into Emperor Linux. Last I
    > checked, they were charging around $600 to install Linux and resell the Dell
    > laptop.

    That's one distro and does not reflect Linux as a whole by any means,
    and we both know that, so it's a pretty moot argument.

  2. Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially Deeper Trouble

    * Ben peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> You want to see egregious overcharging? Look into Emperor Linux. Last I
    >> checked, they were charging around $600 to install Linux and resell the Dell
    >> laptop.

    > That's one distro and does not reflect Linux as a whole by any means,
    > and we both know that, so it's a pretty moot argument.

    And I would guess that the price is actually a good selling-point to a
    manager whose prestige is related to the size of his budget.

    Nice sig monster!

    --
    In the middle of a wide field is a pot of gold. 100 feet to the north stands
    a smart manager. 100 feet to the south stands a dumb manager. 100 feet to

    Q: Who gets to the pot of gold first?
    A: The dumb manager. All the rest are myths.

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially Deeper Trouble

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:32:06 +0100, Ben wrote:

    > DFS wrote:
    >> You want to see egregious overcharging? Look into Emperor Linux. Last I
    >> checked, they were charging around $600 to install Linux and resell the Dell
    >> laptop.
    >>

    > That's one distro and does not reflect Linux as a whole by any means,
    > and we both know that, so it's a pretty moot argument.

    Notice the distribution dance.

    If you want to know why Linux has 500+ different distributions, the above
    example is one good reason.

    Linux is the kernel.
    Linux is not the kernel.
    Linux is Ubuntu.
    Linux is not Ubuntu.

    It all depends upon how badly the Linux loon is being spanked at any given
    time.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] 'Charity Killer' Intel in Potentially DeeperTrouble

    On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:19:28 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 05:32:06 +0100, Ben wrote:
    >
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>> You want to see egregious overcharging? Look into Emperor Linux.
    >>> Last I checked, they were charging around $600 to install Linux and
    >>> resell the Dell laptop.
    >>>

    >> That's one distro and does not reflect Linux as a whole by any means,
    >> and we both know that, so it's a pretty moot argument.

    > Notice the distribution dance.
    >
    > If you want to know why Linux has 500+ different distributions, the
    > above example is one good reason.
    >
    > Linux is the kernel.
    > Linux is not the kernel.
    > Linux is Ubuntu.
    > Linux is not Ubuntu.
    >
    > It all depends upon how badly the Linux loon is being spanked at any
    > given time.

    Actually, you are just showing how stupidly dishonest you are.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread