Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees. - Linux

This is a discussion on Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees. - Linux ; Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt. Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Intel Corp. says its second-quarter profit jumped 25 percent. Blossoming sales of laptop chips helped the company cruise past Wall ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt.

    Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates

    SAN FRANCISCO (AP) -- Intel Corp. says its second-quarter profit jumped 25
    percent. Blossoming sales of laptop chips helped the company cruise past
    Wall Street's estimates.
    The chip maker said Tuesday that net income was $1.6 billion, or 28 cents
    per share, in the quarter.

    That was 3 cents per share higher than what analysts surveyed by Thomson
    Financial were expecting. It was a 25 percent jump from the $1.28 billion,
    or 22 cents per share, that Intel earned a year ago.

    Sales set a record at $9.5 billion, up 9 percent over last year and $150
    million higher than analysts' forecasts.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/earns_intel.html?.v=2

    Meanwhile things are not so rosy over at linux friend AMD:

    OVERVIEW: Beleaguered chip maker AMD has been roughed up by larger rival
    Intel Corp. this year as AMD faces delays in product launches and heavy
    costs related to its $5.6 billion purchase of graphics chip maker ATI
    Technologies.

    AMD began an eventful second quarter by announcing it would cut 10 percent
    of its global work force, or about 1,600 employees, by September. Shortly
    thereafter, the company announced the departure of Chief Technology Officer
    Phil Hester.

    http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/advan...view.html?.v=1

  2. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel

    wrote
    on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:45:38 -0400
    :

    > Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt.
    >

    > Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates

    [snip]

    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/earns_intel.html?.v=2
    >
    > Meanwhile things are not so rosy over at linux friend AMD:

    [snip]

    > http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/advan...view.html?.v=1

    [.sigsnip]

    So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?

  3. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:

    > So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    Hard to say.

    It seems that fascists like Zeke are not here to advocate operating
    systems one way or another, but simply to flood the group with right
    -wing propaganda that favours the politics of the monopolists, of which
    Intel is one. Clearly when monopolists sabotage the competition in order
    to strengthen that monopoly, that is cause for fascists to celebrate, as
    they gloat over the continued eradication of capitalism and the Free
    Market Economy.

    Or maybe there's a simpler explanation.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    09:03:00 up 208 days, 5:38, 4 users, load average: 0.45, 0.42, 0.33

  4. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >
    >> So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    > Hard to say.
    >
    > It seems that fascists like Zeke are not here to advocate operating
    > systems one way or another, but simply to flood the group with right
    > -wing propaganda that favours the politics of the monopolists, of which
    > Intel is one. Clearly when monopolists sabotage the competition in order
    > to strengthen that monopoly, that is cause for fascists to celebrate, as
    > they gloat over the continued eradication of capitalism and the Free
    > Market Economy.
    >
    > Or maybe there's a simpler explanation.

    You described the symptom very well. The cause however is the yanks'
    belief that *any* company they buy shares in should have a divine right
    to take 100% of the market. They don't believe the value of their shares
    should ever be allowed to go down. Hence their pro-monopoly, pro-ip
    barriers mentality.

  5. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:

    > You described the symptom very well. The cause however is the yanks'

    Oh we have our fair share of fascist nuts right here in Blighty too.

    > belief that *any* company they buy shares in should have a divine
    > right to take 100% of the market.

    Yes, and when one challenges that position, one is labelled a "Goddam
    Commie", because anyone who dares to reject the loving embrace of
    right-wing extremist American "patriotism" is obviously Unamerican, and
    therefore quite possibly a dangerous terrorist who must be shipped off
    to Guantanamo Bay and tortured immediately.

    Granted, those who support mainline democracy must seem radically left,
    relative to the extreme right-wing position of such "patriots", so the
    confusion is understandable.

    > They don't believe the value of their shares should ever be allowed
    > to go down.

    It's right there in the Constitution, just after the bit about having
    the right to arm bears (I think Charlton Heston may have introduced that
    one, or maybe it was one of the other presidents ... erm, I mean actors
    .... erm, whatever). It states quite plainly that they have the right to
    brutally rape and pillage their fellow man, to any extent which exceeds
    applicable law, in order to take unto themseles all that which hath
    previously belonged unto others, for the purpose of hoarding impossibly
    huge gobs of cash that must be blown in a weekend of drunken debauchery
    in Vegas. Amen. End quote. Of course I'm paraphrasing. I don't think
    that last bit actually reads "Amen" ... I think it reads something like
    "Hail to thee oh dark lord Morgoth", or something. I believe there's
    also a points system, whereby the more lives they destroy with their
    greed, the higher the interest rates and dividend payouts on their
    stocks. If any of their victims actually die as a result, they're
    automatically promoted to congress (not the dearly departed, obviously,
    although Reagan was a bit iffy).

    > Hence their pro-monopoly, pro-ip barriers mentality.

    I believe the word "subsistence" was forcibly removed from the American
    dictionary some years ago, under suspicion of being a Goddam Commie, and
    dragged off to Guantanamo Bay for further questioning. They interrogated
    it for several days, but couldn't understand a word it was saying, so in
    the end they just took it outside and shot it. There's been an eerie gap
    in the dictionary between the words "subjugate" and "sucker" ever since.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    11:03:39 up 208 days, 7:39, 4 users, load average: 0.96, 0.44, 0.27

  6. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    >
    >> So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    > Hard to say.
    >
    > It seems that fascists like Zeke are not here to advocate operating
    > systems one way or another, but simply to flood the group with right
    > -wing propaganda that favours the politics of the monopolists, of which
    > Intel is one. Clearly when monopolists sabotage the competition in order
    > to strengthen that monopoly, that is cause for fascists to celebrate, as
    > they gloat over the continued eradication of capitalism and the Free
    > Market Economy.
    >
    > Or maybe there's a simpler explanation.

    I say "Tweak the Zeke!"

    Some might prefer to "Punt the cunt".

    --
    "...Local prohibitions cannot block advances in military and commercial
    technology... Democratic movements for local restraint can only restrain

  7. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Yes, and when one challenges that position, one is labelled a "Goddam
    > Commie", because anyone who dares to reject the loving embrace of
    > right-wing extremist American "patriotism" is obviously Unamerican, and
    > therefore quite possibly a dangerous terrorist who must be shipped off
    > to Guantanamo Bay and tortured immediately.

    Well, it don't "Gitmo" better than this .

    > It's right there in the Constitution, just after the bit about having
    > the right to arm bears (I think Charlton Heston may have introduced that
    > one, or maybe it was one of the other presidents ... erm, I mean actors
    > ... erm, whatever). It states quite plainly that they have the right to
    > brutally rape and pillage their fellow man, to any extent which exceeds
    > applicable law, in order to take unto themseles all that which hath
    > previously belonged unto others, for the purpose of hoarding impossibly
    > huge gobs of cash that must be blown in a weekend of drunken debauchery
    > in Vegas. Amen. End quote. Of course I'm paraphrasing. I don't think
    > that last bit actually reads "Amen" ... I think it reads something like
    > "Hail to thee oh dark lord Morgoth", or something. I believe there's
    > also a points system, whereby the more lives they destroy with their
    > greed, the higher the interest rates and dividend payouts on their
    > stocks. If any of their victims actually die as a result, they're
    > automatically promoted to congress (not the dearly departed, obviously,
    > although Reagan was a bit iffy).

    Well it's a good thing we don't bother with the Constitution then, isn't
    it?

    -- Arthur C. Clarke

  8. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Homer wrote:
    > Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    >
    >> You described the symptom very well. The cause however is the yanks'

    > Oh we have our fair share of fascist nuts right here in Blighty too.
    >
    >> belief that *any* company they buy shares in should have a divine
    >> right to take 100% of the market.

    > Yes, and when one challenges that position, one is labelled a "Goddam
    > Commie", because anyone who dares to reject the loving embrace of
    > right-wing extremist American "patriotism" is obviously Unamerican, and
    > therefore quite possibly a dangerous terrorist who must be shipped off
    > to Guantanamo Bay and tortured immediately.
    >
    > Granted, those who support mainline democracy must seem radically left,
    > relative to the extreme right-wing position of such "patriots", so the
    > confusion is understandable.
    >
    >> They don't believe the value of their shares should ever be allowed
    >> to go down.

    > It's right there in the Constitution, just after the bit about having
    > the right to arm bears (I think Charlton Heston may have introduced that
    > one, or maybe it was one of the other presidents ... erm, I mean actors
    > ... erm, whatever). It states quite plainly that they have the right to
    > brutally rape and pillage their fellow man, to any extent which exceeds
    > applicable law, in order to take unto themseles all that which hath
    > previously belonged unto others, for the purpose of hoarding impossibly
    > huge gobs of cash that must be blown in a weekend of drunken debauchery
    > in Vegas. Amen. End quote. Of course I'm paraphrasing. I don't think
    > that last bit actually reads "Amen" ... I think it reads something like
    > "Hail to thee oh dark lord Morgoth", or something. I believe there's
    > also a points system, whereby the more lives they destroy with their
    > greed, the higher the interest rates and dividend payouts on their
    > stocks. If any of their victims actually die as a result, they're
    > automatically promoted to congress (not the dearly departed, obviously,
    > although Reagan was a bit iffy).
    >
    >> Hence their pro-monopoly, pro-ip barriers mentality.

    > I believe the word "subsistence" was forcibly removed from the American
    > dictionary some years ago, under suspicion of being a Goddam Commie, and
    > dragged off to Guantanamo Bay for further questioning. They interrogated
    > it for several days, but couldn't understand a word it was saying, so in
    > the end they just took it outside and shot it. There's been an eerie gap
    > in the dictionary between the words "subjugate" and "sucker" ever since.

    LMAO awesome post.

  9. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >
    > wrote
    > on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:45:38 -0400
    > :
    >>
    >> Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt.
    >>

    >> Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/earns_intel.html?.v=2
    >>
    >> Meanwhile things are not so rosy over at linux friend AMD:
    >>

    > [snip]
    >
    >> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/advan...view.html?.v=1

    > [.sigsnip]
    >
    > So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    It was posted here how by embracing linux and OSS companies like AMD and
    ATI were going to reap huge benefits by going "open".

    How'd that work out for em?

  10. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Phil Da Lick! spake thusly:
    >
    >> You described the symptom very well. The cause however is the yanks'

    > Oh we have our fair share of fascist nuts right here in Blighty too.
    >
    >> belief that *any* company they buy shares in should have a divine
    >> right to take 100% of the market.

    > Yes, and when one challenges that position, one is labelled a "Goddam
    > Commie", because anyone who dares to reject the loving embrace of
    > right-wing extremist American "patriotism" is obviously Unamerican, and
    > therefore quite possibly a dangerous terrorist who must be shipped off
    > to Guantanamo Bay and tortured immediately.
    >
    > Granted, those who support mainline democracy must seem radically left,
    > relative to the extreme right-wing position of such "patriots", so the
    > confusion is understandable.
    >
    >> They don't believe the value of their shares should ever be allowed
    >> to go down.

    > It's right there in the Constitution, just after the bit about having
    > the right to arm bears (I think Charlton Heston may have introduced that
    > one, or maybe it was one of the other presidents ... erm, I mean actors
    > ... erm, whatever). It states quite plainly that they have the right to
    > brutally rape and pillage their fellow man, to any extent which exceeds
    > applicable law, in order to take unto themseles all that which hath
    > previously belonged unto others, for the purpose of hoarding impossibly
    > huge gobs of cash that must be blown in a weekend of drunken debauchery
    > in Vegas. Amen. End quote. Of course I'm paraphrasing. I don't think
    > that last bit actually reads "Amen" ... I think it reads something like
    > "Hail to thee oh dark lord Morgoth", or something. I believe there's
    > also a points system, whereby the more lives they destroy with their
    > greed, the higher the interest rates and dividend payouts on their
    > stocks. If any of their victims actually die as a result, they're
    > automatically promoted to congress (not the dearly departed, obviously,
    > although Reagan was a bit iffy).
    >
    >> Hence their pro-monopoly, pro-ip barriers mentality.

    > I believe the word "subsistence" was forcibly removed from the American
    > dictionary some years ago, under suspicion of being a Goddam Commie, and
    > dragged off to Guantanamo Bay for further questioning. They interrogated
    > it for several days, but couldn't understand a word it was saying, so in
    > the end they just took it outside and shot it. There's been an eerie gap
    > in the dictionary between the words "subjugate" and "sucker" ever since.

    Thank you Homer. That qualifies for post-of-the-year as far as I am
    concerned. Brilliant!

    I note that you started by explaining that we have our fascist nuts in Blighty
    too - true, and well put.

    I've just one point to bring up - or enlarge upon.
    This view of the American "extreme-right", which holds monopoly as A Good
    Thing, holds *only* for *American* monopolies!
    For instance, was it Samsung that was brought to court in the U.S. (and fined
    heavilly) for "fixing" RAM prices, while (some) Americans here were telling
    us that the E.U. had singled-out American companies (MS in particular) due to
    E.U. envy?

    It's difficult to get most Americans (impossible with their extreme right) to
    understand that an American monopoly might be good for America, but it is
    never good for others. Granted, America is in a very powerful position as
    far as a great deal of technology is concerned, but I imagine that we would
    see a different reaction if a non-American company became a monopoly for a
    certain product. e.g. a Japanese company having a monopoly of displays,
    asking their own price, and having a take-it-or-leave-it attitude.
    I doubt it would happen, certainly not in "strategic" area, because there
    would be an American reaction first. Interesting to note the Pentegon's
    attitude to their Lenovo(?) computers though - thrown out because the BIOS
    was coming from a foreign power?

  11. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 08:21:58 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

    > "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in message
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:45:38 -0400
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt.
    >>>

    >>> Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/earns_intel.html?.v=2
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile things are not so rosy over at linux friend AMD:
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/advan...view.html?.v=1

    >> [.sigsnip]
    >>
    >> So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    > It was posted here how by embracing linux and OSS companies like AMD and
    > ATI were going to reap huge benefits by going "open".
    >
    > How'd that work out for em?

    Both AMD and ATI are having serious problems.

    It's just another case of the Linux "iPhone" killers we were hearing about
    when the first iPhone was released.

    Where are they?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

    <93227$487de7e6$20641@news.teranews.com>:

    > "The Ghost In The Machine" wrote in message
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:45:38 -0400
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> Intel continues to kick butt. Mainly AMD's butt.
    >>>

    >>> Intel 2Q profit jumps 25 percent, beats estimates
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/earns_intel.html?.v=2
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile things are not so rosy over at linux friend AMD:
    >>>

    >> [snip]
    >>
    >>> http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080715/advan...view.html?.v=1

    >> [.sigsnip]
    >>
    >> So? Linux runs on both; was there a point here?

    > It was posted here how by embracing linux and OSS companies like AMD and
    > ATI were going to reap huge benefits by going "open".
    >
    > How'd that work out for em?

    Clearly, it didn't. What did you want us to conclude?

    [1] That open source is guaranteed to make a company go bankrupt?
    [2] That open source is not a guarantee of cost savings?
    [3] That everyone should just shut up and go with Microsoft?

    I'll pick [2] as the closest approximation to reality, and
    in any event I'm working on some seriously munged source
    myself that should have been reorganized some time ago.
    (And yes, it's FOSS! Granted, I've seen worse; Jeff Relf's
    droppings in particular should be shot, buried, and the
    ground poisoned then dropped into the Sun. But the stuff
    I'm working on has some problems internally.)

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Insert random misquote here.

  13. Google continues to butt kick Micoshaft while beleaguered ex-box division continues to loose money

    Micoshaft asstroturfing fraudster pounding the sock Ezekiel
    wrote on behalf of Half Wits from Micoshaft Department of Marketing:

    Google continues to beat the living crap out of Micoshaft with 1 million
    Linux servers I notice.

    Micoshaft corporation no longer THAT important - Google revenues on the same
    maginutude as Micoshaft!!!!!!!

    Everyone can download and set up server based applications and write
    software with Linux and beat the crap out of micoshaft these days.

    http://www.livecdlist.com
    http://www.distrowatch.com

  14. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    > I say "Tweak the Zeke!"

    Nah leave him tuned in. He shows-up the Trolls for what they really are.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    20:59:33 up 208 days, 17:35, 3 users, load average: 0.19, 0.20, 0.18

  15. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> I say "Tweak the Zeke!"

    > Nah leave him tuned in. He shows-up the Trolls for what they really are.

    Frobbing is a good way to figure things out.

    --
    The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlight of an approaching train.

  16. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Ezekiel wrote on Wed, 16 Jul
    > 2008 08:21:58 -0400 <93227$487de7e6$20641@news.teranews.com>:

    >> It was posted here how by embracing linux and OSS companies like
    >> AMD and ATI were going to reap huge benefits by going "open".

    Last time I checked, AMD (ATi is now the same company) was actually a
    /hardware/ company, not a software company. They, like many other
    companies (including nVidia and Intel) also produce software (mainly
    drivers) for multiple platforms, including GNU/Linux.

    >> How'd that work out for em?

    Well it seemed to work out pretty well for Intel:

    http://oss.intel.com

    Especially given that Intel developers also work on the Linux kernel,
    e.g. Arjan van de Ven.

    > Clearly, it didn't. What did you want us to conclude?

    That Intel abused their monopoly, as I'm sure the EU Commission will
    conclude, and that Linux had no bearing on AMD's success or failure,
    one way or another.

    Intel is expected to face new antitrust charges from European regulators
    that focus on the chip giant's marketing and sales practices, according
    to a report Tuesday night on The Wall Street Journal's Web site, citing
    unidentified people familiar with matter.

    The new charges, which could come as early as Thursday, allege that
    Intel offered inducements to European retailers in return for not buying
    processors from rival Advanced Micro Devices, the paper reported.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-9992320-92.html

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    23:52:49 up 208 days, 20:28, 3 users, load average: 0.26, 0.30, 0.32

  17. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    > I'll pick [2] as the closest approximation to reality, and
    > in any event I'm working on some seriously munged source
    > myself that should have been reorganized some time ago.
    > (And yes, it's FOSS! Granted, I've seen worse; Jeff Relf's
    > droppings in particular should be shot, buried, and the
    > ground poisoned then dropped into the Sun.

    Probably not a good idea...
    Might act as a stellar inhibitor, it's so bad.
    If you're going to inflict it on a sun, probably better to aim it for one
    elsewhere in the galaxy.

    Though that could trigger an intergalactic war resulting in the deaths of
    billions and the eventual consuption of the survivors by a small dog.
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |

  18. Re: Google continues to butt kick Micoshaft while beleaguered ex-box division continues to loose money

    7 wrote:

    > Everyone can download and set up server based applications and write
    > software with Linux and beat the crap out of micoshaft these days.

    Signed, 7
    Lifelong Windows Developer
    Extreme Cola Hypocrite
    Afraid To Find A Linux Job

  19. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell

    wrote
    on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:15:43 +0100
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> I'll pick [2] as the closest approximation to reality, and
    >> in any event I'm working on some seriously munged source
    >> myself that should have been reorganized some time ago.
    >> (And yes, it's FOSS! Granted, I've seen worse; Jeff Relf's
    >> droppings in particular should be shot, buried, and the
    >> ground poisoned then dropped into the Sun.

    > Probably not a good idea...
    > Might act as a stellar inhibitor, it's so bad.
    > If you're going to inflict it on a sun, probably better to aim it for one
    > elsewhere in the galaxy.
    >
    > Though that could trigger an intergalactic war resulting in the deaths of
    > billions and the eventual consuption of the survivors by a small dog.

    *chuckles*

    Well, since that sort of thing happens all the time I'm
    not all that worried about it. ;-)

    (Or was that the depositing of ninghi coins into Galactibanks? ;-) )

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net -- insert random giant rubber thing here
    People think that libraries are safe. They're wrong. They have ideas.
    (Also occasionally ectoplasmic slime and cute librarians.)

  20. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >> Probably not a good idea...
    >> Might act as a stellar inhibitor, it's so bad.
    >> If you're going to inflict it on a sun, probably better to aim it for one
    >> elsewhere in the galaxy.
    >>
    >> Though that could trigger an intergalactic war resulting in the deaths of
    >> billions and the eventual consuption of the survivors by a small dog.

    > *chuckles*
    >
    > Well, since that sort of thing happens all the time I'm
    > not all that worried about it. ;-)
    >
    > (Or was that the depositing of ninghi coins into Galactibanks? ;-) )

    Nah, that never happened, because galactibanks refused to handle fiddliy
    small change.
    | in |good to you so far... |

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast