Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees. - Linux

This is a discussion on Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees. - Linux ; The Ghost In The Machine writes: > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell > > wrote > on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:15:43 +0100 > : >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote: >>> I'll pick [2] as the closest approximation to ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 23 of 23

  1. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    The Ghost In The Machine writes:

    > In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell
    >
    > wrote
    > on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:15:43 +0100
    > :
    >> The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >>> I'll pick [2] as the closest approximation to reality, and
    >>> in any event I'm working on some seriously munged source
    >>> myself that should have been reorganized some time ago.
    >>> (And yes, it's FOSS! Granted, I've seen worse; Jeff Relf's
    >>> droppings in particular should be shot, buried, and the
    >>> ground poisoned then dropped into the Sun.

    >> Probably not a good idea...
    >> Might act as a stellar inhibitor, it's so bad.
    >> If you're going to inflict it on a sun, probably better to aim it for one
    >> elsewhere in the galaxy.
    >>
    >> Though that could trigger an intergalactic war resulting in the deaths of
    >> billions and the eventual consuption of the survivors by a small dog.

    > *chuckles*

    Yes, Douglas Adams was good.

    --
    "We will never allow an event like an election reverse our
    independence, our sovereignty, our sweat and all that we fought

  2. Re: Intel continues to kick butt while beleaguered AMD lays off employees.

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Hadron

    wrote
    on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:22:40 +0200
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine writes:
    >
    >> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Andrew Halliwell
    >>
    >> wrote
    >> on Thu, 17 Jul 2008 02:15:43 +0100
    >> :
    >>>
    >>> Probably not a good idea...
    >>> Might act as a stellar inhibitor, it's so bad.
    >>> If you're going to inflict it on a sun, probably better to aim it for one
    >>> elsewhere in the galaxy.
    >>>
    >>> Though that could trigger an intergalactic war resulting in the deaths of
    >>> billions and the eventual consuption of the survivors by a small dog.

    >> *chuckles*

    > Yes, Douglas Adams was good.

    May he rest in peace and know where his towel is.

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Is it cheaper to learn Linux, or to hire someone
    to fix your Windows problems?

  3. Re: Google continues to butt kick Micoshaft while beleaguered ex-box division continues to loose money

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 21:40:08 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >> Everyone can download and set up server based applications and write
    >> software with Linux and beat the crap out of micoshaft these days.

    > Signed, 7
    > Lifelong Windows Developer
    > Extreme Cola Hypocrite
    > Afraid To Find A Linux Job