Ending a Glasser Circus - Linux

This is a discussion on Ending a Glasser Circus - Linux ; My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again for a while. -- Rick...

  1. Ending a Glasser Circus

    --
    Rick

  2. Re: Ending a Rick Circus

    "Rick" stated in post
    VaWdnXbx74Nb4-fVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 3:16 PM:

    > My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know better
    > than to respond to Glxsser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again for a
    > while.

    LOL! You do this from time to time when you humiliate yourself badly. The
    recent discussions that freaked Rick out:

    I noted that Rick had told me I would have to risk breaking the law to get
    some basic functionality from Amarok. Rick denied it. I proved it by
    quoting him:

    Snit:
    Then I went to Radio Streams and Shoutcast... picked a station and
    was told there was no available decoder.

    Rick:
    The user has to take the chance of breaking laws by installing
    some codecs.

    Rick freaked out... called me names... and insisted he did not mean me. He
    also made up stories about me and my views.

    Rick brought up OS X and, when called on it, defended his actions by saying
    he was comparing it to Linux. I thanked him for doing so and noted how it
    was good to see him acknowledge it is OK to bring up OS X if it is being
    compared to Linux. Rick whined and said I try to "push" OS X, but when
    asked for examples he brought up two posts - one which was *clearly*
    completely 100% wrong and the other which made only the weakest of
    arguments.

    Rick also denied his flip flopping on the issue of inconsistent UI issues...
    even though I quoted the exact comments I was in reference to! He just
    freaked out and started calling me names.

    Sadly Rick also sank - repeatedly - to tying his own BS to *my* personal and
    even, on occasion, business info... simply because he repeatedly lost Usenet
    debates. This shows he has no reasonable sense of morality, even in the
    context of an "advocacy" Usenet forum.

    --
    Teachers open the door but you must walk through it yourself.

  3. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    Rick wrote:

    > My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    > better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    > for a while.

    Praise God.

    How about "forever"?

  4. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:34:35 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    >> better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    >> for a while.

    > Praise God.
    >
    > How about "forever"?

    We'll see :-)

    --
    Rick

  5. Re: Ending a Rick Circus

    "chrisv" stated in post
    PO-dnb4FwpamJufVnZ2dnUVZ_gSdnZ2d@giganews.com on 7/13/08 7:34 PM:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    >> better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    >> for a while.

    > Praise God.
    >
    > How about "forever"?

    How about he just not start *any* circuses and attribute them to *anyone*
    other than himself?

    That, of course, is *not* going to happen. Not in his DNA.

    --
    The direct use of physical force is so poor a solution to the problem of
    limited resources that it is commonly employed only by small children and

  6. Re: Ending a Rick Circus

    "Rick" stated in post
    WOOdnYX-J8a4IefVnZ2dnUVZ_v7inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:38 PM:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:34:35 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    >>> better than to respond to Glxsser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    >>> for a while.

    >> Praise God.
    >>
    >> How about "forever"?

    > We'll see :-)

    Yes, we will. If you can actually keep your word and not respond to my
    comments with your lies I would *love* it.

    --
    One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

  7. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    chrisv writes:

    > Rick wrote:
    >
    >> My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    >> better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    >> for a while.

    > Praise God.
    >
    > How about "forever"?

    It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

  8. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    Hadron wrote:

    > It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    > time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    > computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    Projecting again, mama's boy?
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Ensign Pillsbury? He's BREAD, Jim......

    Good to the last supper

  9. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    >> time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    > Projecting again, mama's boy?

    Now hold on, the Hadron of Quirks has two jobs, for crying out loud. One
    at CERN and the other one at IBM.

    And he's *actually* using Emacs (on Windows), which probably is like
    Xemacs on X11 (clicketyclick).

    Here's the prove:

    http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    --
    |_|0|_| Marti T. van Lin
    |_|_|0| http://ml2mst.googlepages.com
    |0|0|0| http://ubuntusteunpuntdaalhof.googlepages.com

  10. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    ml2mst writes:

    > Tattoo Vampire wrote:
    >
    >> Hadron wrote:
    >>
    >>> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    >>> time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >>> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    >> Projecting again, mama's boy?

    > Now hold on, the Hadron of Quirks has two jobs, for crying out loud. One
    > at CERN and the other one at IBM.

    I've had many more than that. What is your point?

    > And he's *actually* using Emacs (on Windows), which probably is like
    > Xemacs on X11 (clicketyclick).

    Huh? What ARE you talking about?

    > Here's the prove:
    >
    > http://colatrolls.blogspot.com/2007/...ark-troll.html

    More High Plains Hypocrite nonsense.

  11. Re: Ending the Snit/Michael Glasser/Prescott Computer Guy Circus

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 05:01:12 -0400, Tattoo Vampire wrote:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    >> time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    > Projecting again, mama's boy?

    Oh, l00k. Quack defending his fellow troll, Snit/Michael Glasser/Prescott
    Computer Guy. What a supririse.

    --
    Is a M$ "Certificate of Authenticity"
    for Vista, a junk bond?

  12. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    Hadron wrote:

    > I've had many more than that.

    All of them in the fast food business, or positions where you wore a shirt
    with your name embroidered over the pocket.
    --
    Regards,
    [tv]

    ....Make headlines! Use a corduroy pillow.

    Good to the last supper

  13. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:52:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > chrisv writes:
    >
    >> Rick wrote:
    >>
    >>> My apologies to the newsgroup for the latest circus. I should know
    >>> better than to respond to Glasser's tripe. I'll be ignoring him again
    >>> for a while.

    >> Praise God.
    >>
    >> How about "forever"?
    >>

    > It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    > time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    > computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    Good one!!!!!

    Yea, Snit has made a total fool of Rick and the best part is he uses Rick's
    own words to do it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  14. Re: Ending a Rick Circus

    "Moshe Goldfarb." stated in post
    r795mu3alr74.jxfp9ztamjtj$.dlg@40tude.net on 7/14/08 7:03 AM:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:52:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> Praise God.
    >>>
    >>> How about "forever"?
    >>>

    >> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time after
    >> time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    > Good one!!!!!
    >
    > Yea, Snit has made a total fool of Rick and the best part is he uses Rick's
    > own words to do it.

    I simply quote Rick's flip flops and feigning of ignorance... or his real
    ignorance. Then when he tries to do the same to me - to point out quotes of
    mine he thinks make me look bad - I either point out his mistake or
    acknowledge my own... something he simply will not do.

    When he starts to get nasty I do, I admit, push some of his buttons - he has
    made them quite clear; but pushing his buttons is done in a completely
    honest way. I will, for example, point out when he is - clearly - over his
    head. For some reason Rick hates to admit to when he is talking about
    something he is not knowledgeable on... and takes it to mean he has no
    knowledge anywhere. Shows extreme lack of trust in himself.

    --
    Look, this is silly. It's not an argument, it's an armor plated walrus with
    walnut paneling and an all leather interior.

  15. Re: Ending a Glasser Circus

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:03:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:52:38 +0200, Hadron wrote:
    >
    >> chrisv writes:

    >>> Praise God.
    >>>
    >>> How about "forever"?
    >>>

    >> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time
    >> after time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    > Good one!!!!!
    >
    > Yea, Snit has made a total fool of Rick and the best part is he uses
    > Rick's own words to do it.

    Idiot.

    --
    Rick

  16. Re: Ending a Rick Circus

    "Rick" stated in post
    BJWdnRFDvoh5K-bVnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@supernews.com on 7/14/08 1:28 PM:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 10:03:37 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> It would be better for Rick. Snit makes him look like a loony time
    >>> after time after time. It would seem Rick has about as much clue about
    >>> computers as Roy does about how to get a real job.

    >> Good one!!!!!
    >>
    >> Yea, Snit has made a total fool of Rick and the best part is he uses
    >> Rick's own words to do it.

    > Idiot.

    As noted: that is Rick's *best* effort at defending his BS claims or
    refuting others valid points.

    He picked it up from Peter.

    --
    When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
    When God changes your mind, that's faith.

+ Reply to Thread