Re: Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users - Linux

This is a discussion on Re: Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users - Linux ; On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, "KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE" wrote: > http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/linux_distros.html > > Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users > By Brian Briggs > Somewhere in California - At 8:30 PDT with the release of Snoopy Linux 2.1 > ...

  1. Re: Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users

    wrote:
    > http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/linux_distros.html
    >
    > Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users
    > By Brian Briggs
    > Somewhere in California - At 8:30 PDT with the release of Snoopy Linux 2.1
    > and Goober Linux 1.0, the number of Linux distributions finally surpassed
    > the number of actual Linux users.

    LOL

    3 billion distributions - wow, that would be a bit of a fantasy.

    (three billion Linux users includes all those who access Linux via
    internet, use Linux powered appliances, use Linux in addition to
    windows, and/or use Linux as their primary operating system, the CEO
    of Linspire speculates that there are only about 7 million users who
    use Linux full-time exclusively on their desktop or laptop system).

    > Microsoft CEO, Steve Ballmer said, "Microsoft will have to play catch up
    > with the number of versions that Linux has, but we think we can do it. With
    > the break up of Microsoft imminent that will instantly double the number of
    > Windows versions available."

    Yes, a new version for each "security fix",
    and each fix to the security fix
    and each fix to the fix to the security fix
    :-D

    It was a very amusing post, even for a Wintroll.

  2. Re: Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, "KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE"
    > wrote:
    >> http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/linux_distros.html
    >>
    >> Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users
    >> By Brian Briggs
    >> Somewhere in California - At 8:30 PDT with the release of Snoopy
    >> Linux 2.1 and Goober Linux 1.0, the number of Linux distributions
    >> finally surpassed the number of actual Linux users.

    > LOL
    >
    > 3 billion distributions - wow, that would be a bit of a fantasy.

    3 thousand users - wow, that would be a bit of a fantasy.

  3. Re: Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users

    Rex Ballard wrote:
    > On Jul 13, 9:28 pm, "KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE"
    > wrote:
    >> http://www.bbspot.com/News/2000/4/linux_distros.html
    >>
    >> Number of Linux Distributions Surpasses Number of Users
    >> By Brian Briggs
    >> Somewhere in California - At 8:30 PDT with the release of Snoopy Linux 2.1
    >> and Goober Linux 1.0, the number of Linux distributions finally surpassed
    >> the number of actual Linux users.

    > LOL
    >
    > 3 billion distributions - wow, that would be a bit of a fantasy.

    It's an old joke...
    8 years old, considering the windows 2000 special edition directors cut gag.

    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |