SLIME (some things never change) - Linux

This is a discussion on SLIME (some things never change) - Linux ; SLIME 1. Spin, Lies, and Insults by Microsoft Employees. http://www.pjprimer.com/slime.html More history. In most online haunts, supporters and users of niche products like OS/2, Mac, or whatever, are drowned out by jeering proponents of Windows. Twelve years later, no change ...

  1. SLIME (some things never change)

    SLIME 1. Spin, Lies, and Insults by Microsoft Employees.

    http://www.pjprimer.com/slime.html

    More history.

    In most online haunts, supporters and users of niche products like
    OS/2, Mac, or whatever, are drowned out by jeering proponents of
    Windows.

    Twelve years later, no change to the above.

    And spin he does. He is easily the most gifted liar the forum has
    seen. He is not a buffoon-like bozo like Arnold Krueger who puts out
    so much crap that it is laughable. No, Richard Shupak does it with
    style. He mixes truth, fact, and bull**** in amounts calculated to
    bring the most believability a spin-doctor can hope for. He uses
    inuendo like a scalpel. Almost always his goal is to deceive.

    DFS versus amicus_unscrupulous?

    You have to give Shupak credit for brass balls. His brazen lies about
    this issue reveal the arrogant swagger that accompany most of his
    disinformation. He genuinely seems to revel in his dishonesty the
    same way he loves to flaunt the disregard for forum policy. This
    arrogance runs rampant at Microsoft: from Gates down to the mailroom,
    they feel they are above the law.

    . . .

    Why does Shupak go to such bother over this point? Because the
    slowdown (yes, Win95 runs slower on a Pentium Pro than on a Pentium)
    is not just a black-eye for WinTel, it draws attention to the fact
    that Microsoft was lying about an "all new, all 32-bit" operating
    system from day one.

    Ugh. Vista is a recap.

    Clearly his intent, and Shupak's, who has happily joined in, is to
    intimidate me so that I won't write this story. Just as there was a
    tradition of stealth-PR work at Microsoft, attempts at intimidation
    of critics also has a place in their online history. USENET posters,
    for example, who posted messages from government accounts were
    threatened with dire consequences if they didn't stop being critical
    of MS.

    The above doesn't seem quite so true today (Funky's lapse of a couple of
    years ago against Rex notwithstanding.) There are some "ISP contact"
    threats made.

    Online thugs, dimly lit cyberjerks who use the foulest imaginable
    language on anyone who disagrees with them, male or female, roam
    free. I recently reported the foul-mouthed William Beem to both CIS
    and the police for making threats. Other vermin contribute nothing
    but content-free ad hominem, including one pathetic munchkin who
    openly wishes me a horrible death. Me? I'm following Payne out the
    door. The stench on Canopus is more than I can bear.

    Yeah, we may have 3 GHz 3 Gb (guffaw) computers these days, but we still
    have jeering arrogant lying cursing gibbering spinning slanting
    threatening Microsoft Munchkins.

    Too bad guys like Joe Barr eventually "go away". We need oldsters to
    remember the bull**** that seems to fly right over the kids' heads.

    --
    I have accepted Provolone into my life!

  2. Re: SLIME (some things never change)

    > And spin he does. He is easily the most gifted liar the forum has

    [...]
    > DFS versus amicus_unscrupulous?

    You give them both too much credit.

    The nearest thing we have in COLA to the manipulators on the Canopus
    forums is Fuddie, and by all accounts he was probably one of them.

    Fuddie's protégé Smith comes a close second, with his web of leading
    half-truths and faux obtuseness.

    > USENET posters, for example, who posted messages from government
    > accounts were threatened with dire consequences if they didn't stop
    > being critical of MS.
    >
    > The above doesn't seem quite so true today (Funky's lapse of a couple
    > of years ago against Rex notwithstanding.) There are some "ISP
    > contact" threats made.

    And this from flatty Goldfarb:

    A reliable source told me that these people are being watched and
    documented as they dig their own graves. The time will come, and it's
    not far away, when they will be asked to substantiate each and every one
    of their claims against these companies that they seem to hate so much.
    http://tinyurl.com/5u9b6l (Google Groups)

    And this, also from flatty (using yet another pseudonym):

    I have filed an abuse report with X-Complaints-To:
    use...@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk and I have also emailed
    pg-admissi...@manchester.ac.uk advising them of one of their students
    not only abusing usenet for his own personal gain but also using
    University resources to do the same.
    I come to comp.os.linux.advocacy to read about people debating Linux vs
    other operating system not to read news that I can find in other
    locations. Hopefully this will put an end to the spamming and that is
    exactly what it is spamming.These messages get little or no replies and
    thus are one sided.
    I plan to take this all the way to the top of said University should I
    have to.
    http://tinyurl.com/6fqc8f

    I'm still rather at a loss as to what this illusive "personal gain" is
    supposed to be. Who would pay Roy to aggregate news articles, I wonder?

    Presumably Manchester University were as unconcerned about Roy's use of
    University resources to do such a thing, as the rest of us.

    > Too bad guys like Joe Barr eventually "go away". We need oldsters to
    > remember the bull**** that seems to fly right over the kids' heads.

    The truth that the gangsters and their shills so desperately try to bury
    remains immutably preserved, unluckily for them:

    http://www.pjprimer.com
    http://antitrust.slated.org
    http://boycottnovell.com/microsoft-critique-resources
    http://www.grokdoc.net/index.php/Dirty_Tricks_history

    Is this sufficient "substantiation" for brainwashed Microsoft fanboys
    like Flatty and his cohorts, I wonder?

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    02:28:12 up 205 days, 23:03, 4 users, load average: 0.12, 0.14, 0.19

  3. Re: SLIME (some things never change)

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > And this from flatty Goldfarb:
    >

    > A reliable source told me that these people are being watched and
    > documented as they dig their own graves. The time will come, and it's
    > not far away, when they will be asked to substantiate each and every one
    > of their claims against these companies that they seem to hate so much.

    LOL.

    > http://tinyurl.com/5u9b6l (Google Groups)

    > And this, also from flatty (using yet another pseudonym):
    >

    > I plan to take this all the way to the top of said University should I
    > have to.

    LOL. Flatty on a soapbox!

    > http://tinyurl.com/6fqc8f

    >> Too bad guys like Joe Barr eventually "go away". We need oldsters to
    >> remember the bull**** that seems to fly right over the kids' heads.

    > The truth that the gangsters and their shills so desperately try to bury
    > remains immutably preserved, unluckily for them:
    >
    > http://www.pjprimer.com
    >
    > Is this sufficient "substantiation" for brainwashed Microsoft fanboys
    > like Flatty and his cohorts, I wonder?

    http://www.pjprimer.com/jihad.html

    Here's what happened. In January of this year, a newcomer popped up
    in the Canopus forum named Steve Barkto. He said he was from Oklahoma
    City and had been an IBM customer for seven years. He wasted little
    time before attacking IBM, Dave Whittle, and your fearless reporter
    over issues we had previously discussed with Rick Segal.

    This Bartko character had a writing style which was so similar to
    that of Rick Segal's that it immediately caught my eye. In fact, I
    responded to his first message to me by asking if he were Segal in
    drag. Nobody (including myself) took my question seriously. At least
    not at first.

    Then one of the forum Sysop's noted that instead of calling from
    Oklahoma City, where he claimed to be from, Bartko's calls were
    originating from the node closest to Microsoft's headquarters in
    Redmond, Washington. This led Will Zachmann, who 'owns' the forum and
    is Wizop there, to look more closely.

    What he found was incredible: Barkto's account was in fact owned by
    Microsoft. It had been opened with a corporate credit card belonging
    to Rick Segal. Will sent a letter to the Microsoft Board of Directors
    demanding an investigation and explanation, but no explanation has
    ever been forthcoming.

    An internal Microsoft 'investigation' was conducted, headed up by
    Mike Maples, an MS vice-president who ironically enough hails from
    Oklahoma City. Unfortunately, it appears the investigation was little
    more than a cover-up.

    The Barkto Incident did not escape the attention of the Department of
    Justice who was winding up their five-year investigation of MS when
    it occured. They flew a special team to Redmond to take depositions
    on the matter just weeks before Microsoft agreed to the Consent
    Decree designed to stop their predatory and anti-competitive business
    practices.

    Vergisst nicht.

    --
    Neuroses are red,
    Melancholia's blue.

  4. Re: SLIME (some things never change)

    > predatory and anti-competitive business practices.
    >
    > Vergisst nicht.

    Verzeihen nie.

    --
    K.
    http://slated.org

    ..----
    | "The idea that Bill Gates has appeared like a knight in shining
    | armour to lead all customers out of a mire of technological chaos
    | neatly ignores the fact that it was he who, by peddling second-rate
    | technology, led them into it in the first place." ~ Douglas Adams
    `----

    13:45:02 up 206 days, 10:20, 3 users, load average: 3.94, 4.17, 4.32

+ Reply to Thread