File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system? - Linux

This is a discussion on File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system? - Linux ; "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring heavy amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work on that machine at the same time using NFS." http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/...

  1. File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring heavy
    amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work on that machine
    at the same time using NFS."

    http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/

  2. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze yoursystem?

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:52:03 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring
    > heavy amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work on
    > that machine at the same time using NFS."
    >
    > http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-

    keys/

    And, I've never found that to be a problem.

  3. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    ray wrote:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:52:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring
    >> heavy amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work on
    >> that machine at the same time using NFS."
    >>
    >> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-

    > keys/
    >
    > And, I've never found that to be a problem.

    Yeah, the FUDites seem to have a *LOT* of "problems" actual users don't
    encounter.

    --
    RonB
    "There's a story there...somewhere"

  4. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze yoursystem?

    On Jul 14, 6:57*am, RonB wrote:

    > Yeah, the FUDites seem to have a *LOT* of "problems" actual users don't
    > encounter.

    I was having trouble with Linux several years ago - kept freezing
    etc. I had 512M + 128M memory sticks installed. There was a fauly in
    the 128M stick. Removed it and all was well.

    Perhaps he had a hardware fault - these show up more readily under
    Linux than under Windows.

  5. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    RonB wrote:
    > ray wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:52:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring
    >>> heavy amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work
    >>> on that machine at the same time using NFS."
    >>>
    >>> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-
    >>> keys/

    >> And, I've never found that to be a problem.

    > Yeah, the FUDites seem to have a *LOT* of "problems" actual users
    > don't encounter.

    Name a single one.

  6. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    On 2008-07-14, DFS wrote:
    > RonB wrote:
    >> ray wrote:

    >>> And, I've never found that to be a problem.

    >> Yeah, the FUDites seem to have a *LOT* of "problems" actual users
    >> don't encounter.

    > Name a single one.

    THIS ONE!

    moron...

    --

    Linux: Because I don't want to push pretty buttons. |||
    I want the pretty buttons to push themelves. / | \

  7. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 13:57:28 -0500, RonB wrote:

    > ray wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:52:03 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> "I've often found my Kubuntu 7.04 box freeze over when transferring
    >>> heavy amounts of files between desktop and laptop while doing work on
    >>> that machine at the same time using NFS."
    >>>
    >>> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-

    >> keys/
    >>
    >> And, I've never found that to be a problem.

    > Yeah, the FUDites seem to have a *LOT* of "problems" actual users don't
    > encounter.

    You seem unable to figure out that DFS is re-posting messages from a number
    of different groups, supporting a number of different distributions, and
    different users.

    So *all* of these people are FUDDING?

    I don't think so....

    Linux has some serious problems and now that average Joe is giving Linux a
    try, these problems are coming out on the table instead of the way it was
    in the past where the user base was mostly geeks and Linux loons who would
    deny any problem existed.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  8. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    So the poster at fosswire.com is a liar?

    > moron...

    Linux slopware denier.

  9. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    On 2008-07-14, DFS wrote:
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>> Name a single one.

    >> THIS ONE!

    > So the poster at fosswire.com is a liar?

    No but you are.

    >> moron...

    > Linux slopware denier.

    If you told us that the sky was blue, the fact that you were
    involved in the claim would give us good reason to be skeptical...

    --

    Linux: Because I don't want to push pretty buttons. |||
    I want the pretty buttons to push themelves. / | \

  10. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    * JEDIDIAH peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-07-14, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> So the poster at fosswire.com is a liar?

    > No but you are.

    Actually, he could well be a liar. There's no real way to tell.

    Could be legitimate, or could be FUD generation.

    >> Linux slopware denier.

    > If you told us that the sky was blue, the fact that you were
    > involved in the claim would give us good reason to be skeptical...

    DFS has sunk to OK level.

    --
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.

  11. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze yoursystem?

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:50:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > You seem unable to figure out that DFS is re-posting messages from a
    > number of different groups, supporting a number of different
    > distributions, and different users.
    >
    > So *all* of these people are FUDDING?

    DFS is too lazy to go the trouble of FUDding those himself.

    It's an absurd pissing contest, though, because the OP isn't available in
    person to interrogate and, anyways, this isn't a technical group.

    -Thufir

  12. Re: File transfer on Linux? Maybe - do you like to freeze your system?

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:30:29 GMT, thufir wrote:

    > On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 09:50:49 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> You seem unable to figure out that DFS is re-posting messages from a
    >> number of different groups, supporting a number of different
    >> distributions, and different users.
    >>
    >> So *all* of these people are FUDDING?

    > DFS is too lazy to go the trouble of FUDding those himself.
    >
    > It's an absurd pissing contest, though, because the OP isn't available in
    > person to interrogate and, anyways, this isn't a technical group.
    >

    > -Thufir

    It's telling the truth about Linux which the Linux loons obviously want to
    keep hidden.

    It's exposing the Linux shills, paid for professional SPAMMERS and psycho
    conspiracy nutjobs that seem to populate the Linux community in COLA.

    Leaving their lies unchecked is just plain wrong.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/