Xubuntu: "always screws up on me" - Linux

This is a discussion on Xubuntu: "always screws up on me" - Linux ; http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/ Linux just works...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

  1. Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

  2. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Jul 13, 9:22*am, "DFS" wrote:
    > http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...-the-magic-sys...
    >
    > Linux just works

    You need Dancing Elephants with Linux.

  3. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:22:24 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-

    keys/

    > Linux just works

    Ubuntu!=Linux Linux!=Ubuntu

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Jul 13, 9:22*am, "DFS" wrote:
    > http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...-the-magic-sys...
    >
    > Linux just works

    Fox News would love to have you on their payroll, seeing as how you're
    as much a disinfo agent as O'Lielly and Shammity.

  5. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    "Rick" stated in post
    VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:22:24 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...e-magic-sysrq-

    > keys/
    >>

    >> Linux just works

    > Ubuntu!=Linux Linux!=Ubuntu

    Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand the
    comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has suggested
    synonymy... but nobody did!)

    --
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan Simpson

  6. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:22:24 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ith-the-magic-

    sysrq-
    >> keys/
    >>>

    >>> Linux just works

    >> Ubuntu!=Linux Linux!=Ubuntu

    > Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand the
    > comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has suggested
    > synonymy... but nobody did!)

    I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again implying
    that any problem that exists with one distro automatically transfers to
    all distros. OK.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    "Rick" stated in post
    VaWdnUDx74MbpOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 10:21 AM:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    > sysrq-
    >>> keys/

    >>> Ubuntu!=Linux Linux!=Ubuntu

    >> Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand the
    >> comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has suggested
    >> synonymy... but nobody did!)

    > I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again implying
    > that any problem that exists with one distro automatically transfers to
    > all distros. OK.

    Your "acceptance" of your fabrications is noted.

    --
    If A = B and B = C, then A = C, except where void or prohibited by law.
    Roy Santoro, Psycho Proverb Zone (http://snipurl.com/BurdenOfProof)

  8. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:56:52 -0700, Snit wrote:

    > "Rick" stated in post
    > VaWdnUDx74MbpOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 10:21 AM:
    >
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    >> sysrq-

    >>> Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand
    >>> the comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has
    >>> suggested synonymy... but nobody did!)

    >> I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again
    >> implying that any problem that exists with one distro automatically
    >> transfers to all distros. OK.

    > Your "acceptance" of your fabrications is noted.

    I accept that your concept of reality is warped. OK.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    "Rick" stated in post
    VaWdnXjx74Pv4OfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 3:10 PM:

    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 10:56:52 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> VaWdnUDx74MbpOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 10:21 AM:

    >>> sysrq-

    >>> I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again
    >>> implying that any problem that exists with one distro automatically
    >>> transfers to all distros. OK.

    >> Your "acceptance" of your fabrications is noted.

    > I accept that your concept of reality is warped. OK.

    You claimed to "accept" something that is clearly not true. I called you on
    it. Deal with it.

    --
    "If a million people believe a foolish thing, it is still a foolish thing."
    - Anatole France

  10. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On 2008-07-13, Rick wrote:
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >
    >> "Rick" stated in post
    >> VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    > sysrq-
    >>> keys/

    >>> Ubuntu!=Linux Linux!=Ubuntu

    >> Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand the
    >> comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has suggested
    >> synonymy... but nobody did!)

    > I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again implying
    > that any problem that exists with one distro automatically transfers to
    > all distros. OK.

    ....not just all distros but all users.

    --

    Linux: Because I don't want to push pretty buttons. |||
    I want the pretty buttons to push themelves. / | \

  11. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    "JEDIDIAH" stated in post
    slrng7lc4q.au1.jedi@nomad.mishnet on 7/13/08 6:49 PM:

    > On 2008-07-13, Rick wrote:
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    >> sysrq-

    >>> Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand the
    >>> comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has suggested
    >>> synonymy... but nobody did!)

    >> I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again implying
    >> that any problem that exists with one distro automatically transfers to
    >> all distros. OK.

    > ...not just all distros but all users.

    The implication is that desktop Linux has systemic problems - and, sure,
    *that* exact problem might not exist in all distros but then we are back to
    the "distro dance" to try to find one that does not.

    Rick missed this... he did not pay attention to the context of this post
    with the others that DFS has been posting.

    Please note: I am not stating agreement or disagreement with DFS - I am
    noting Rick's inability to understand what he reads.

    --
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
    --Albert Einstein

  12. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-07-13, Rick wrote:
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 09:52:26 -0700, Snit wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Rick" stated in post
    >>> VaWdnUvx74N1jOfVnZ2dnUVZ_t3inZ2d@supernews.com on 7/13/08 7:32 AM:

    >>> Oh, Rick... you are right... even as you show you do not understand
    >>> the comments you are replying to (your implication is someone has
    >>> suggested synonymy... but nobody did!)

    (p)Rick is a typical cola luser that picks and chooses how they want to
    define "Linux" based on the argument they're losing. The flip-flop comes in
    pairs, ie:

    Ubuntu isn't Linux, but
    Fedora is Linux

    Linux is my main operating system, but
    Linux is just the kernel.

    Free software market share can't be measured, but
    Linux/Firefox has X% market share

    Windows popularity doesn't mean it's any good, but
    All of China and Brazil and Germany is using Linux

    >> I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again
    >> implying that any problem that exists with one distro automatically
    >> transfers to all distros. OK.

    RedHat: "I have a PC with RedHat Linux installed...at regular times, weekly
    exactly the same time!, the PC 'freezes'? ... There's nothing I can do at
    that moment besides a hardware reboot."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...reezes-601972/

    Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the same
    freezing problem."
    #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15

    Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior of my
    SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes. Then I
    have to reboot ... "
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today on
    my new Slackware 12 installation."
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...hlight=freezes

    Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last 3
    days I have had 2 system freezes."
    http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic...freezes#p67069

    PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up."
    1st post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0

    DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    system froze."
    http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html

    Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....3a9dc185854a5a

    Sabayon: "...took 27hrs to install.....till I try to do anything......next
    thing my task bar disappears...my program selector disappears...I do
    anything....it freezes up solid.."
    http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/vi...freezes#p67138

    ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    freezes."

    CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...forumpost37948

    Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    lockups."
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996

    Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some days."
    http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes

    Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550

    > ...not just all distros but all users.

    Of course...

    * when one victim is hammered by XUbuntu, he's the only one that ever sees
    such problems.

    * Syncraptic crashes happen only to me, and only on the Debian Etch distro
    (but but what's this! Results 1 - 10 of about 62,000 for Dynamic MMap ran
    out of room?)

  13. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    "DFS" stated in post
    %3Aek.918$t32.501@bignews3.bellsouth.net on 7/13/08 8:54 PM:

    http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-newbie-8/linux-pc-freezes-601972>
    /

    > Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the same
    > freezing problem."
    > #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15
    >
    > Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior of my
    > SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes. Then I
    > have to reboot ... "
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...freezes-592785
    > /?highlight=freezes
    >
    > Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today on
    > my new Slackware 12 installation."
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...2-system-freez
    > e-567565/?highlight=freezes
    >
    > Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last 3
    > days I have had 2 system freezes."
    > http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic...it=freezes#p67
    > 069
    >
    > PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up."
    > 1st post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0
    >
    > DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    > system froze."
    > http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html
    >
    > Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    > freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    > http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic....s&sid=b6b292ad
    > 4471c8c3923a9dc185854a5a
    >
    > Sabayon: "...took 27hrs to install.....till I try to do anything......next
    > thing my task bar disappears...my program selector disappears...I do
    > anything....it freezes up solid.."
    > http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/vi...7138&hilit=fre
    > ezes#p67138
    >
    > ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience random
    > freezes."
    > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=44765
    >
    > CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...&forum=37&post
    > _id=37948#forumpost37948
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    > WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    > lockups."
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996
    >
    > Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some days."
    > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/...hlight=freezes
    >
    > Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    > http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/vie...323145&t=27550
    >

    >> ...not just all distros but all users.

    > Of course...
    >
    > * when one victim is hammered by XUbuntu, he's the only one that ever sees
    > such problems.
    >
    > * Syncraptic crashes happen only to me, and only on the Debian Etch distro
    > (but but what's this! Results 1 - 10 of about 62,000 for Dynamic MMap ran
    > out of room?)

    I hope Rick figures out his beliefs some day.

    --
    Never stand between a dog and the hydrant. - John Peers

  14. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    DFS wrote:

    > http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/
    >
    > Linux just works

    1) Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a new console. Then just log in and kill/restart to
    locked process (or whatever is needed).

    2) If its a bad kernel driver and (1) doesn't work, hit the power
    switch. If the drive was being written to, odds are that the bad driver
    has interfered with the write anyway. Besides, modern (i.e. not Windows)
    file systems are pretty robust. I've killed more than one system
    (tripping over power cords, etc. and never had a problem with files or
    databases coming back up properly.

    --
    Paul Hovnanian mailto:Paul@Hovnanian.com
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" while looking for a rock.

  15. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 21:47:16 -0700, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    >> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ith-the-magic-

    sysrq-keys/

    >> Linux just works

    > 1) Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a new console. Then just log in and kill/restart to
    > locked process (or whatever is needed).

    Still, it was interesting link.

    -Thufir

  16. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    * Paul Hovnanian P.E. peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/
    >>
    >> Linux just works

    But Da Funky Shuffle's mores don't. He left this out:

    You finally got your Linux environment to crash. Ctrl+Alt+Backspace
    does nothing, nor do the F-keys. You know you shouldn't have
    installed that bad driver, but you did it anyway.

    Idiot.

    > 1) Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a new console. Then just log in and kill/restart to
    > locked process (or whatever is needed).
    >
    > 2) If its a bad kernel driver and (1) doesn't work, hit the power
    > switch. If the drive was being written to, odds are that the bad driver
    > has interfered with the write anyway. Besides, modern (i.e. not Windows)
    > file systems are pretty robust. I've killed more than one system
    > (tripping over power cords, etc. and never had a problem with files or
    > databases coming back up properly.

    This little keystroke has a whole lot of features:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magic_SysRq_key

    I think we owe that nattering clown a debt of gratitude for the memory
    refresh.

    --
    Scrubbing floors and emptying bedpans has as much dignity as the Presidency.
    -- Richard Nixon

  17. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 23:54:31 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > (p)Rick is a typical cola luser that picks and chooses how they want to
    > define "Linux" based on the argument they're losing. The flip-flop
    > comes in pairs, ie:
    >
    > Ubuntu isn't Linux, but
    > Fedora is Linux
    >
    > Linux is my main operating system, but Linux is just the kernel.

    Actaully, my home desktop OS is PCLinuxOS, a Linux based distributio.

    > Free software market share can't be measured, but Linux/Firefox has X%
    > market share

    free software ($0) market share cannot be measured, since it isn't sold.
    Measuring the web statistics of Firefoax and LInux based distros is
    described as as measuring their market shares.

    > Windows popularity doesn't mean it's any good, but All of China and
    > Brazil and Germany is using Linux

    Windows is in use by such large numbers today because of the network
    effects of an illegally maintained monopoly.

    >>> I accept that you are too confused to realize that DFS is again
    >>> implying that any problem that exists with one distro automatically
    >>> transfers to all distros. OK.

    > RedHat: "I have a PC with RedHat Linux installed...at regular times,
    > weekly exactly the same time!, the PC 'freezes'? ... There's nothing I
    > can do at that moment besides a hardware reboot."
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ie-8/linux-pc-

    freezes-601972/

    > Debian Etch: "I installed debian etch. Ran fine for a while, then the
    > same freezing problem."
    > #148 at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=412125&page=15
    >
    > Suse 10.3: "Last few days I have been confronted with a weird behavior
    > of my SUSE 10.3 system. Several time a day all of the sudden it freezes.
    > Then I have to reboot ... "
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...-60/suse-10.3-

    freezes-592785/?highlight=freezes

    > Slackware 12.0: "Bit worrisome this. I have had two system freezes today
    > on my new Slackware 12 installation."
    > http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi.../slackware-12-

    system-freeze-567565/?highlight=freezes

    > Mint 4.0: "So I switched [from Gentoo] to Linux Mint 4.0 and in the last
    > 3 days I have had 2 system freezes."
    > http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?

    f=6&t=10950&p=67069&hilit=freezes#p67069

    > PCLinuxOS: "About 4 times each day, the whole system freezes up." 1st
    > post at http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=35878.0
    >
    > DreamLinux: "...I clicked on PLAY for one of the sounds and the entire
    > system froze."
    > http://dreamlinuxforums.org/index.php/topic,1217.0.html
    >
    > Mandriva 2008: "...did a clean install of Mandriva 2008 and it has been
    > freezing a lot, regardless of what i am doing."
    > http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?

    t=81648&highlight=freezes&sid=b6b292ad4471c8c3923a9dc185854a5a

    > Sabayon: "...took 27hrs to install.....till I try to do
    > anything......next thing my task bar disappears...my program selector
    > disappears...I do anything....it freezes up solid.."
    > http://www.sabayonlinux.org/forum/viewtopic.php?

    f=50&t=11698&p=67138&hilit=freezes#p67138

    > ArchLinux: "I have Asus A6M Q0050 and last three weeks I experience
    > random freezes."
    > http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=44765
    >
    > CentOS 5.1: "It just simply freezes."
    > http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?

    topic_id=11599&forum=37&post_id=37948#forumpost37948

    > Ubuntu 8.04: "Hardy is BY FAR the worst Ubuntu version yet. LOCKUP
    > WARNING!!! Some users, myself included, are experiencing random total
    > lockups."
    > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ux/+bug/204996
    >
    > Fedora 8: "I've been having frequent lock-ups with Fedora 8 for some
    > days."
    > http://forums.fedoraforum.org/forum/showthread.php?

    t=177912&highlight=freezes

    > Puppy: "The whole system freezes after a short time."
    > http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?

    search_id=1213323145&t=27550

    Do all of those have the same cause?

    >> ...not just all distros but all users.

    > Of course...
    >
    > * when one victim is hammered by XUbuntu, he's the only one that ever
    > sees such problems.
    >
    > * Syncraptic crashes happen only to me, and only on the Debian Etch
    > distro (but but what's this! Results 1 - 10 of about 62,000 for Dynamic
    > MMap ran out of room?)

    You seem to hate OSS and Linux based distros. You try to say that every
    problem that effects one distro effects every other. Why do you have this
    need to attack OSS and the OSS community?

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:

    > 2) If its a bad kernel driver and (1) doesn't work, hit the power
    > switch. If the drive was being written to, odds are that the bad
    > driver has interfered with the write anyway. Besides, modern (i.e.
    > not Windows)

    A quick glance here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_file_systems
    will prove you're a bozo.

    > file systems are pretty robust.

    4-6 times a year we have power spikes that cause my WinServer03 system to
    reboot. In 20+ such occurrences, I've never a problem with my NTFS volumes
    coming back up cleanly.

  19. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    On 2008-07-14, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
    > DFS wrote:
    >>
    >> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/
    >>
    >> Linux just works

    > 1) Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a new console. Then just log in and kill/restart to
    > locked process (or whatever is needed).

    ....well, the sysreq keys are supposed to be for a system that's so
    badly borked that you can't change to another virtual console. This
    is one of those things that's so rare that I've never bothered how
    to use this feature.

    > 2) If its a bad kernel driver and (1) doesn't work, hit the power
    > switch. If the drive was being written to, odds are that the bad driver
    > has interfered with the write anyway. Besides, modern (i.e. not Windows)
    > file systems are pretty robust. I've killed more than one system
    > (tripping over power cords, etc. and never had a problem with files or
    > databases coming back up properly.

    --

    Linux: Because I don't want to push pretty buttons. |||
    I want the pretty buttons to push themelves. / | \

  20. Re: Xubuntu: "always screws up on me"

    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > On 2008-07-14, Paul Hovnanian P.E. wrote:
    >> DFS wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://fosswire.com/2007/09/08/fix-a...ic-sysrq-keys/
    >>>
    >>> Linux just works

    >> 1) Ctrl-Alt-F1 for a new console. Then just log in and kill/restart
    >> to locked process (or whatever is needed).

    > ...well, the sysreq keys are supposed to be for a system that's so
    > badly borked that you can't change to another virtual console. This
    > is one of those things that's so rare that I've never bothered how
    > to use this feature.

    Yeah, it's so rare they had to invent a variety of mnemonics to remember how
    to do it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast