Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead - Linux

  2. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 00:59:15 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 03:34:32 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > And a curse on Enderlie (sic) - may he burn in Hell.

    More proof that [Homer] is a raving Linux zealot lunatic.....

    I thank God every single day that I am not part of this freakish Linux
    movement that sees the need to denigrate people based upon what operating
    system they use.

    What a collection of oddball weirdos the Linux community is....

    It's like 1970 and Hari Krishna all over again only those people were
    peaceful....

    Linux seems to be a real oddball cult.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    Homer wrote:

    > And a curse on Enderlie (sic) - may he burn in Hell.

    What a ****ty little man-child you are.

    Various other similar pieces of **** have popped up on cola from time to
    time, or are still here, wishing cancer and death on anti-Linux people.

  5. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    "Moshe Goldfarb." schreef in bericht
    news:1poccn013ejvh$.1bg53rf9xjjb9$.dlg@40tude.net. ..
    > On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 03:34:32 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >

    >> And a curse on Enderlie (sic) - may he burn in Hell.

    > More proof that [Homer] is a raving Linux zealot lunatic.....
    >
    > I thank God every single day that I am not part of this freakish Linux
    > movement that sees the need to denigrate people based upon what operating
    > system they use.
    >
    > What a collection of oddball weirdos the Linux community is....
    >
    > It's like 1970 and Hari Krishna all over again only those people were
    > peaceful....
    >
    > Linux seems to be a real oddball cult.....

    Oh yes I agree, it's a cult religion.
    http://web.archive.org/web/200411230..._religion.html

    "Linus chose Bill Gates and Microsoft. Linus' followers rabidly believe that
    the enemy Bill Gates is responsible for things that are at least half
    believable - listening devices in public toilets, cameras in bathrooms...
    the list of possible enemy evils is endless. And don't forget, Bill Gates
    the enemy is responsible for absolutely everything that's bad - over-cooked
    dinner, a missing dog, a dead cat, the phone and electricity getting cut
    off - anything a linux**** can think of."

    B.t.w. what's new?
    When you update this quote to 2008, you get "Roy Schestowitz chose Bill
    Gates and Microsoft................. a.s.o.

  6. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    * Homer peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Joe Barr's understandably belligerent reaction:
    >
    > http://www.linux.com/articles/38081

    Interesting:

    After all, it was IBM who invented FUD. A classic example being the
    sales call made by IBM on a customer considering another vendor. One
    of the blue suits, sometime during the visit, would remark "I
    certainly hope the talk about their (the competitor's) financial
    difficulties is not true." If the customer asked for more details,
    the salesman could simply apologize for his "slip of the tongue" and
    change the topic. But whether the customer asked about it or not, a
    seed of "fear, uncertainty, and doubt" about the possible
    consequences of doing business with the competitor had been sown.

    Microsoft took FUD to a whole 'nother level. Instead of using softly
    whispered asides during sales calls, they hired shills to blare the
    FUD over loudspeakers: Journalists, analysts, and astroturfing
    surfers are all employed to that end. The list of victims of such FUD
    attacks is too long to relate here. Let's just say that Novell
    received a rather large settlement recently for the damage done to
    DrDOS by Microsoft's FUD.

    More history:

    http://www.isham-research.co.uk/press.html

    But Canopus is more than just Will Zachmann. More too than his
    wonderful crew of sysops (Bruce Bierman, John Oellrich, and Ben Sano)
    who slave to keep the threads in order and the flames to a simmer.
    Bruce works for Microsoft, John for AT&T. This is not just a place
    for OS/2 fanatics, Canopus has both Work Place Shills and Microsoft
    Munchkins, but there are more fans of OS/2 there than you normally
    find elsewhere.

    http://www.pjprimer.com/slime.html

    SLIME 1. Spin, Lies, and Insults by Microsoft Employees. The
    extension of Microsoft's corporate ethic to online community.

    One place that's been SLIME'd is Canopus, the forum on CompuServe
    that had become my regular online habitat. At one time it was a
    bastion of independent thought, consisting of contrary but
    industry-wise regulars who were never afraid to criticize the
    powerhouses in the industry, be they IBM or Microsoft or anybody
    else.

    . . .

    I think the change began about the time Win95 debuted. For one thing,
    honest debate and sincere conversation began to decline with the
    arrival of Arnold Krueger. Whatever it is that brought him to
    Canopus, or keeps him there, it is definitely not honest discourse.
    Arnold is a one-man propaganda machine, boosting Win95 and dis'ing
    everything else. He is the kind of guy who belongs in one of the
    comp.os.___.advocacy newsgroups. And no where else. Since the first
    day he arrived, his message has been simply this: Win95 is it, if you
    don't use it you are stupid, if you computer won't run it, it's a
    piece of crap.

    Sound like anyone we know? In fact, if you keep reading, it becomes
    even more obvious. Driving people out of the group, intoning TDNBW
    ("This Does Not Bode Well"), questioning credentials....

    But this is the funniest one:

    One unfortunate reality of Microsoft's reputation for dishonesty is
    that its employees can immediately gain credibility by claiming not
    to be MS employees. Steve Barkto and Bill Diamond are two of the best
    known examples.

    . . .

    And spin he does. He is easily the most gifted liar the forum has
    seen. He is not a buffoon-like bozo like Arnold Krueger who puts out
    so much crap that it is laughable. No, Richard Shupak does it with
    style. He mixes truth, fact, and bull**** in amounts calculated to
    bring the most believability a spin-doctor can hope for. He uses
    inuendo like a scalpel. Almost always his goal is to deceive.

    More from Barr:

    http://www.pjprimer.com/canopus.html

    Two weeks ago a startling post by a Canadian Canopian claimed that
    London Drugs, a chain of stores, had an agreement with Microsoft that
    prohibited them from displaying OS/2 on their shelves. I knew it
    couldn't be true. Microsoft is hard at work trying to have Sporkin
    removed as the presiding judge at the hearings on their consent
    decree. This sort of restraint of trade would blow up in their face
    at just exactly the wrong time. Still, I decided to track it down.

    I got the phone number for the store in Edmonton, Canada, and called
    and asked for the computer department. Color me surprised when the
    clerk told me that it was true, that they could not display Warp,
    although they kept it in the stockroom and sold it on request. I
    asked to speak to a manager. Said manager repeated the same thing,
    that for 'certain considerations' from Microsoft, they kept OS/2 off
    their shelves. This was too hot to hold for the next issue of
    Tech-Connected, so I passed it on to a well-known and highly
    respected newspaper man.

    SLIME.

    --
    Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.

  7. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

  8. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 12:03:48 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "Moshe Goldfarb." schreef in bericht
    > news:1poccn013ejvh$.1bg53rf9xjjb9$.dlg@40tude.net. ..
    >> On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 03:34:32 +0100, Homer wrote:
    >>

    >>> And a curse on Enderlie (sic) - may he burn in Hell.

    >> More proof that [Homer] is a raving Linux zealot lunatic.....
    >>
    >> I thank God every single day that I am not part of this freakish Linux
    >> movement that sees the need to denigrate people based upon what operating
    >> system they use.
    >>
    >> What a collection of oddball weirdos the Linux community is....
    >>
    >> It's like 1970 and Hari Krishna all over again only those people were
    >> peaceful....
    >>
    >> Linux seems to be a real oddball cult.....
    >>

    > Oh yes I agree, it's a cult religion.
    > http://web.archive.org/web/200411230..._religion.html
    >
    > "Linus chose Bill Gates and Microsoft. Linus' followers rabidly believe that
    > the enemy Bill Gates is responsible for things that are at least half
    > believable - listening devices in public toilets, cameras in bathrooms...
    > the list of possible enemy evils is endless. And don't forget, Bill Gates
    > the enemy is responsible for absolutely everything that's bad - over-cooked
    > dinner, a missing dog, a dead cat, the phone and electricity getting cut
    > off - anything a linux**** can think of."
    >

    > B.t.w. what's new?
    > When you update this quote to 2008, you get "Roy Schestowitz chose Bill
    > Gates and Microsoft................. a.s.o.

    Sadly COLA and the Linux *advocates* that inhabit the planet are a deranged
    cult that despises and hates anything or anyone that does not fit in with
    their Linux mantra.

    All you have to do is look at the ranting of Schestowitz or [Homer] for
    confirmation of this.

    Very sad.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:27:56 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > After all, it was IBM who invented FUD. A classic example being the
    > sales call made by IBM on a customer considering another vendor. One
    > of the blue suits, sometime during the visit, would remark "I
    > certainly hope the talk about their (the competitor's) financial
    > difficulties is not true." If the customer asked for more details,
    > the salesman could simply apologize for his "slip of the tongue" and
    > change the topic. But whether the customer asked about it or not, a
    > seed of "fear, uncertainty, and doubt" about the possible
    > consequences of doing business with the competitor had been sown.

    Roy Schestowitz was born 30 years too late.
    He would have been a natural in that job, assuming he could get hired of
    course which is doubtful.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: [News] Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    > Homer on Sunday :
    >> Linonut spake thusly:
    >>> Homer fired off:

    >>> Interesting:

    >> [snip litany of Microsoft's racketeering] More Blogworthy material.

    > Definitely. Gold mind rediscovered. The sad thing is that US law is too
    > weak to combat such criminal behaviour.

    It is not so much the law, but the lack of pursuit for justice. Those
    most worshipped are the wealthy and athletes.

    The trolling in this newsgroup is a good indicator.

    --
    HPT

  11. Re: Linux.com Editor Joe Barr is dead

    On Jul 13, 11:27*am, Linonut wrote:
> [...]

    > * *decree. This sort of restraint of trade would blow up in their face
    > * *at just exactly the wrong time. Still, I decided to track it down.
    >
    > * *I got the phone number for the store in Edmonton, Canada, and called
    > * *and asked for the computer department. Color me surprised when the
    > * *clerk told me that it was true, that they could not display Warp,
    > * *although they kept it in the stockroom and sold it on request. I
    > * *asked to speak to a manager. Said manager repeated the same thing,
    > * *that for 'certain considerations' from Microsoft, they kept OS/2 off
    > * *their shelves. This was too hot to hold for the next issue of
    > * *Tech-Connected, so I passed it on to a well-known and highly
    > * *respected newspaper man.
    >
    > SLIME.
    >
    > --
    > Your mode of life will be changed to EBCDIC.

    What a bummer! Joe used to drive me absolutely nuts on Canopus, but I
    knew behind the rhetoric and flames there was a good man. Now one
    taken from this world all too soon. Rest In Peace Joe.

    john

    john@oellrich.us

+ Reply to Thread