Always 1/2 way there - Linux

This is a discussion on Always 1/2 way there - Linux ; Can you imagine a computer programming shop, making a web application, say: Dev 1 - You want to make a logon screen. Go Ahead. Dev 2 - You think you can do better then Dev 1, so you make a ...

  1. Always 1/2 way there

    Can you imagine a computer programming shop,
    making a web application, say:

    Dev 1 - You want to make a logon screen. Go Ahead.
    Dev 2 - You think you can do better then Dev 1, so you make a logon
    screen too.
    Dev 3 - You don't like the other geeks, so you make a logon screen.
    Dev 4 - You work on the application the user wants.

    The linux way of development.
    Basically, the Distro with the most
    developers, and the most knowledgable
    geek squak, wins, cause they will
    have the nicest stuff.

    Got Milk?

  2. Re: Always 1/2 way there

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 07:17:34 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Can you imagine a computer programming shop,
    > making a web application, say:
    >
    > Dev 1 - You want to make a logon screen. Go Ahead.
    > Dev 2 - You think you can do better then Dev 1, so you make a logon
    > screen too.
    > Dev 3 - You don't like the other geeks, so you make a logon screen.
    > Dev 4 - You work on the application the user wants.
    >
    > The linux way of development.
    > Basically, the Distro with the most
    > developers, and the most knowledgable
    > geek squak, wins, cause they will
    > have the nicest stuff.
    >
    > Got Milk?

    and cookies!

    BTW all that is done via ICQ and the most common answer is "I'll work on it
    tonight when I get home from school".

    Linux=total fragmentation.

    Have we hit 1000 different Linux distributions yet?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

+ Reply to Thread