[News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump) - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump) - Linux ; On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:17:21 +0100, Homer wrote: > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly: > >> Other stuff (and probably lots of it) in a Linux distro no doubt >> infringes on patents. That's the ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 46 of 46

  1. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

    On Sun, 13 Jul 2008 22:17:21 +0100, Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that Linonut spake thusly:
    >
    >> Other stuff (and probably lots of it) in a Linux distro no doubt
    >> infringes on patents. That's the world we live in. But why
    >> deliberately court danger by using technology over which Microsoft
    >> may be rattling a patent sabre?

    > And beyond patents, why support convicted monopolists with an agenda of
    > destroying Free Software, by using their technology, thereby helping to
    > promote its use, and therefore helping to promote that agenda?

    Time for your Thorazine [Homer]...

    Better check the toilet bowl again for bugs, the listening device kind....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 06:11:49 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Banshee by default in Intrepid
    >
    > https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ne/004497.html
    >
    > Mono infestation!

    Welcome to the real world student boy.... Roy Schestowitz....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  3. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 07:23:12 +0100, Homer wrote:

    >> Banshee by default in Intrepid
    >>
    >> https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ne/004497.html
    >>

    >> Mono infestation!

    > Ubuntu is a lost cause,

    Based upon all the reports of Ubuntu freezing and locking up on users I
    would be inclined to agree.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 11:02:55 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Go to the home page of Banshee. Read the footer (it's nothing unusual for
    > Novell these days). BTW, I summarised some of this in BN.com.
    >
    > - --
    > ~~ Best of wishes

    Who cares about your lousy, paranoid, kooky site Roy Schestowitz?

    Other than Novell, Microsoft etc lawyers, I doubt anyone gives a hoot
    anymore than they pay attention to the nutcase outside Staples with free
    Linux CDs and signs demanding a boycott of Microsoft..

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  5. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

  6. Re: [News] GNOME 2.30 Will be GNOME 3.0 (Version # Bump)

    In comp.os.linux.advocacy, DFS

    wrote
    on Fri, 11 Jul 2008 22:21:48 -0400
    :
    > The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
    >

    >> Yep, gotta be a Linux issue. There's only one thing
    >> for it: buy Vista Ultimate.

    > Vista Ultimate and Office 2007 and SQL Server vs Pardus and OpenOffice and
    > MySQL?
    >
    > I'm gonna have to noodle on that one for a long time...

    I'm not familiar with that verb in this context.
    Please clarify your communique.

    [I] canoodle (v.i.): (context) two lovers
    [II] noodle (n): [1] (slang) head [2] fool, simpleton
    [III] noodle (v.i.): [1] improvise a musical passage [2a] to play [2b] to
    improvise or experiment [3
    [IV] noodle (v.t.): [3a] manipulate or tamper with [3b] to make or devise
    freely as an exercise or experiment
    [V] noodle around (v. phrase): to play, experiment, or improvise.

    Most likely match: III.2b or V.

    >> I'll admit to wondering if there's a disk spinlock or
    >> some such in there, though. My nx9010 doesn't freeze,
    >> but it does bog down under heavy disk activity.

    > What distro is stinking it up?

    All of them, if it's a Linux problem. In my particular
    case, it's a Gentoo/tuxonice mixture (the tuxonice patches
    are probably unrelated to the disk pause).

    #191, ewill3@earthlink.net
    Linux. Because it's there and it works.
    Windows. It's there, but does it work?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3