Major Web hosting provider launches low-cost groupware in U.S.

,----[ Quote ]
| Giant Web hosting provider 1&1 Internet is now offering U.S. customers a push
| e-mail and collaboration service based on the open-source groupware made by
| Open-Xchange.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/...rss-linux-news
http://tinyurl.com/6y286b

Recent:

Open-Xchange Announces Community Edition of Groupware for In-House Deployments

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange Inc., the only remaining independent open source alternative to
| Microsoft Exchange, today announced it will release all server components,
| installation and administration tools under the General Public License (GPL). *
`----

http://www.linuxpr.com/releases/10407.html

Open-Xchange aims for U.S. expansion

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-Xchange is using Yahoo's acquisition of rival Zimbra last year as an
| invitation to tackle the U.S. market with its open-source server software for
| e-mail, calendars, and other collaboration tools. *
`----

http://tinyurl.com/2poscx

Related:

Open-Xchange goes Express, sheds its Suse roots

,----[ Quote ]
| Second, and extremely interesting to me, Express Edition runs on Ubuntu. Why
| does this matter? Well, for one thing it shows Ubuntu's stablity and
| performance. But on an even more interesting note, take a look at
| Open-Xchange's management team, and in particular its CTO, Jürgen Geck. You
| might remember that he was the CTO at Suse....Or check out Open-Xchange's
| co-founder and EVP of engineering, Martin Kauss. Yep, he was a Suse guy
| before, too. The list goes on.... * * *
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-974...547-1035_3-0-5

Open-Xchange Launches Collaboration Software Appliance

,----[ Quote ]
| The Open-Xchange Express Edition is delivered as a software appliance based
| on a version of the Ubuntu Linux distribution, although it is designed so
| that the user never needs to interact with the operating system. *
`----

http://www.computerwire.com/industri...2D5A6A6776008F

Open-Xchange (Partially) Embraces GPL *

,----[ Quote ]
| On the GPL side, Open-Xchange's choice of license stands in
| contrast to that of its competitor Zimbra, which offers its
| namesake collaboration suite under a modified Mozilla Public
| License, plus attribution.
`----

http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news...le.php/3665046

Review: Open-Xchange