[News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang - Linux ; Roy Schestowitz wrote: > Yang accuses Microsoft of 'trying to destabilize' Yahoo > > ,----[ Quote ] > | Yahoo founder and chief executive Jerry Yang accused Microsoft of trying > | to destabilize Yahoo with no genuine intent to ...

  1. Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Yang accuses Microsoft of 'trying to destabilize' Yahoo
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    > | Yahoo founder and chief executive Jerry Yang accused Microsoft of trying
    > | to destabilize Yahoo with no genuine intent to buy the company, the Wall
    > | Street Journal reported Wednesday.
    > `----
    >
    > http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...PNde3sv-xsPstQ

    Cop for this, Roy - but be prepared to spend a little time reading.
    Ye gods - it made my poor old head spin:-(

    http://www.techuser.net/microsoft-yahoo.html

    If this guy is even half-right, things aren't just as simple as they seem?:-)

  2. [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    Yang accuses Microsoft of 'trying to destabilize' Yahoo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Yahoo founder and chief executive Jerry Yang accused Microsoft of trying to
    | destabilize Yahoo with no genuine intent to buy the company, the Wall Street
    | Journal reported Wednesday.
    `----

    http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...PNde3sv-xsPstQ

    Only a fan of bullfighting would take pleasure in such anti-market behaviour.

    Microsoft Statement Regarding Carl Icahn Letter

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | In the past week we have had the opportunity to discuss with Carl Icahn the
    | prospects for a possible agreement between Microsoft and Yahoo!.
    `----

    http://www.quamnet.com/newscontent.a...ticleId=885945

    Yahoo board likely to be ousted -- S&P; Piper Jaffray expects Microsoft deal

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | 'We now see a greater likelihood for the dissident slate to prevail, and a
    | Microsoft/Yahoo deal to be revisited,' a Standard & Poor's equity analyst
    | wrote to clients.
    `----

    http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited...fx5188661.html

    The Microsoft Mafia wants to replace a board with puppets or just bully
    companies out of business. Criminal behaviour is just business as usual for
    the Redmond company. Who would stop them? Neelie?

    Recent:

    Is Microsoft Aura Fading?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Yesterday's early relief rally reversed, and Microsoft's value has now fallen
    | by more than $30 billion since it unveiled its bid for Yahoo on February 1.
    `---- * * * *

    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1210...googlenews_wsj

    Microsoft cops to talking with Icahn on Yahoo

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Dispensing with its previous above-the-fray posture, Microsoft has
    | admitted -conspiring with- talking to activist Yahoo shareholder Carl Icahn,
    | who is trying to oust the Internet company's board and Chief Executive Jerry
    | Yang for failing to sell out to the software giant.
    `----

    http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/tech...oft-talki.html

    Yahoo: Icahn “Manipulates The Facts”

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | The company also says it is “patently untrue” that the company turned down an
    | offer of $40 a share from Microsoft and sabotaged the later offer of $33. The
    | letter contends that Yahoo’s board “has at all times been focused on
    | maximizing shareholder value.”
    `----

    http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...lenews_barrons
    http://tinyurl.com/64nvv5

  3. Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    * bbgruff peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Roy Schestowitz wrote:
    >
    >> Yang accuses Microsoft of 'trying to destabilize' Yahoo
    >>
    >> ,----[ Quote ]
    >> | Yahoo founder and chief executive Jerry Yang accused Microsoft of trying
    >> | to destabilize Yahoo with no genuine intent to buy the company, the Wall
    >> | Street Journal reported Wednesday.
    >> `----
    >>
    >> http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5...PNde3sv-xsPstQ

    > Cop for this, Roy - but be prepared to spend a little time reading.
    > Ye gods - it made my poor old head spin:-(
    >
    > http://www.techuser.net/microsoft-yahoo.html
    >
    > If this guy is even half-right, things aren't just as simple as they seem?:-)

    Erik posted that link, mumbled something about Microsoft wanting the
    patents. In addition (?):

    The problem for both Yahoo and Google is that Microsoft wants to
    force itself into the deal. Microsoft knows that it can block any
    compensation deal between Yahoo and Google by beating up the
    antitrust drum. Microsoft is using this as leverage to goad Yahoo
    into selling its paid-search assets. Essentially, Microsoft has
    conveyed to Yahoo that there can be no payday for Yahoo if Microsoft
    does not get Yahoo's paid-search assets, but if Yahoo acts sensibly
    Microsoft can conveniently look the other way when Google comes
    knocking with the ransom.

    Not only that, but Microsoft is actively positioning itself to
    benefit from any cash infusion from Google in Yahoo. ...

    ...Microsoft will have effectively paid less than $2.5 billion for
    Yahoo's search assets. This is an awesomely sweet deal by itself, but
    this is not all Microsoft will be getting.

    . . .

    Time though is on Microsoft's side. If Yahoo fails to extricate
    itself from the siege quickly, it may only be a question of how much
    Microsoft gets paid for taking over Yahoo's paid-search assets.

    --
    The average, healthy, well-adjusted adult gets up at seven-thirty in
    the morning feeling just terrible.

  4. Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:
    >
    >> http://www.techuser.net/microsoft-yahoo.html
    >>
    >> If this guy is even half-right, things aren't just as simple as they
    >> seem?:-)

    > Executive summary:
    >
    > It's rival pirates battling for treasure, with Yahoo holding the key to
    > the treasure chest it can never unlock because then the world will know
    > the contents are just a pile of musty old bones. Google shares the dark
    > secret with Yahoo, in a blood oath that seeks to keep Microsoft chasing
    > rainbows. But Microsoft suspects the truth, and wants to scupper Yahoo;
    > sending its captain down to Davey Jones Locker, so it can battle Google
    > in open waters, and claim Neptune's crown as "King of the High Seas".
    >
    > Soon to be a major motion picture, starring Sweaty Ballmer as Master
    > Bates, Eric Schmidt as Seaman Staines, Jerry Yang as Roger the Cabin
    > Boy, and Carl Icahn as mister Polly, the dead Norwegian-blue parrot.

    Brilliant, Homer:-)

    I do sometimes wonder how those names ever made it past the censor and into a
    childrens' programme though!

  5. Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    Homer wrote:

    > Verily I say unto thee, that bbgruff spake thusly:
    >> Homer wrote:

    >>> Soon to be a major motion picture, starring Sweaty Ballmer as
    >>> Master Bates, Eric Schmidt as Seaman Staines, Jerry Yang as Roger
    >>> the Cabin Boy, and Carl Icahn as mister Polly, the dead
    >>> Norwegian-blue parrot.

    >> Brilliant, Homer:-)
    >>
    >> I do sometimes wonder how those names ever made it past the censor
    >> and into a childrens' programme though!

    > Actually those names are an urban myth. It was Master /Mate/ and /Tom/
    > the Cabin Boy. There never was any "Staines" character at all:
    >
    > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Pugwash
    >
    > Still, the fictitious double entendres are funny as Hell though.

    Ah well - there goes another of those urban myths:-(
    ..... but thanks again, Homer - and of course your casting suggestions for the
    motion picture can still stand:-)

  6. Re: [News] [Rival] Yahoo Shoots Accusations at Ballmer and His Gang

    Homer wrote:

    > My agent is already in talks with Disney.

    How would a parole officer get an audience with anyone at Disney?

+ Reply to Thread