When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC? - Linux

This is a discussion on When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC? - Linux ; When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC? I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product or a 'must have ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29

Thread: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

  1. When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    or a 'must have application'.

    (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    had helped the most.)


  2. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 03:34:39 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?


    >I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    >in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    >or a 'must have application'.


    I generally run windows apps using win2k or xp-pro inside a vmware session. I
    generally only run one app inside any virtual machine. I do as little as
    possible in the VM as well -- my files are stored outside of it, my VPN
    to work is done via java outside, and I pause the VM when not in use.
    If it ****s up and that isn't uncommon, I simply revert to the last snapshot.

    I've used vista on friends machines and it is an incredible piece of
    ****. It is barely useable w/ 2G of ram and dual core 2.5ghz processor,
    running about a third as fast as ubuntu on my 512M 1.4ghz laptop. Those
    5-10 second user interface lockups w/ XP are still there and on even the
    most trivial operations. Just opening the desktop properties dialog can
    take 20 seconds. Creating a folder takes about the same amount of time to
    populate the 'new' submenu. Vista is simply painful to use.


    >(All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    > Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    > had helped the most.)



  3. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    7 wrote:



    7, have you looked into life at an asylum?

  4. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    AZ Nomad idiot wrote:


    >
    > I generally run windows apps using win2k or xp-pro inside a vmware session. I
    > generally only run one app inside any virtual machine. I do as little as
    > possible in the VM as well -- my files are stored outside of it, my VPN
    > to work is done via java outside, and I pause the VM when not in use.
    > If it ****s up and that isn't uncommon, I simply revert to the last snapshot.


    You are an idiot.

    >
    > I've used vista on friends machines and it is an incredible piece of
    > ****. It is barely useable w/ 2G of ram and dual core 2.5ghz processor,
    > running about a third as fast as ubuntu on my 512M 1.4ghz laptop. Those
    > 5-10 second user interface lockups w/ XP are still there and on even the
    > most trivial operations. Just opening the desktop properties dialog can
    > take 20 seconds. Creating a folder takes about the same amount of time to
    > populate the 'new' submenu. Vista is simply painful to use.
    >

    Your are an idiot, and you have no business using computers, period.

    Turn in your computers you moron, as you don't deserve to use any. The
    only thing you qualify for in the equipment usage is pushing a vacuum
    cleaner around, after you mop and wax the floors, janitor.

  5. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    The Black Mumba <"Black "@mumba.com> wrote:
    > AZ Nomad idiot wrote:
    >
    >
    >>
    >> I generally run windows apps using win2k or xp-pro inside a vmware session. I
    >> generally only run one app inside any virtual machine. I do as little as
    >> possible in the VM as well -- my files are stored outside of it, my VPN
    >> to work is done via java outside, and I pause the VM when not in use.
    >> If it ****s up and that isn't uncommon, I simply revert to the last snapshot.

    >
    > You are an idiot.


    And you are the worst troll to pass through this newsgroup in a decade.
    At least doofy, ewik and hadron have points to make in their posts.
    Bad points usually, but still.

    Who are you? Clogwog in a rubber mask?
    --
    | spike1@freenet.co.uk | |
    | Andrew Halliwell BSc | "ARSE! GERLS!! DRINK! DRINK! DRINK!!!" |
    | in | "THAT WOULD BE AN ECUMENICAL MATTER!...FECK!!!! |
    | Computer Science | - Father Jack in "Father Ted" |

  6. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    * The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Your are an idiot, and you have no business using computers, period.
    >
    > Turn in your computers you moron, as you don't deserve to use any. The
    > only thing you qualify for in the equipment usage is pushing a vacuum
    > cleaner around, after you mop and wax the floors, janitor.


    What? Are you actually implying that Linux is /easier/ to use than
    Windows Vista?

    --
    Every creature has within him the wild, uncontrollable urge to punt.
    -- Snoopy

  7. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    Linonut wrote:

    > What? Are you actually implying that Linux is /easier/ to use than
    > Windows Vista?
    >


    I am implying that you are an idiot that will chase the wind. All one
    has to do is toss the rabbit on the track with the batteries in it, and
    off you will go.

  8. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > The Black Mumba <"Black "@mumba.com> wrote:
    >> AZ Nomad idiot wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> I generally run windows apps using win2k or xp-pro inside a vmware session. I
    >>> generally only run one app inside any virtual machine. I do as little as
    >>> possible in the VM as well -- my files are stored outside of it, my VPN
    >>> to work is done via java outside, and I pause the VM when not in use.
    >>> If it ****s up and that isn't uncommon, I simply revert to the last snapshot.

    >> You are an idiot.

    >


    > And you are the worst troll to pass through this newsgroup in a decade.
    > At least doofy, ewik and hadron have points to make in their posts.
    > Bad points usually, but still.
    >
    > Who are you? Clogwog in a rubber mask?


    Do you think I care? Let me get you some tissues. I am your daddy the
    butt ****ed you mama, since you wanted to know.

  9. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Jul 8, 11:34*pm, 7 wrote:
    > When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?
    >
    > I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    > in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    > or a 'must have application'.
    >
    > (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    > *Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    > *had helped the most.)


    So, you use windows all day,
    and linux by night? Because of Vendor
    lock in?

    Maybe you can spend every waking,
    non-working moment, and write a
    comparable linux version, support it,
    and give it away for free?

    I good. When can I have it?

  10. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    7 wrote:
    > When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?
    >
    > I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    > in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    > or a 'must have application'.
    >
    > (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    > Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    > had helped the most.)



    Can't fool us, little guy.

    Besides the fact that you're a shameless liar, if you are telling the truth
    here it just means you run Windows inside a VM and still spend most if not
    all your time in Windows.




  11. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Jul 8, 11:34*pm, 7 wrote:
    > When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?
    >
    > I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    > in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    > or a 'must have application'.
    >
    > (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    > *Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    > *had helped the most.)


    2 days ago. i had to may my car payment, online.
    can you write that vendor application, in your spare
    time, in linux, and give away for free? oh, support it
    and write a manual.

    thanks a bunch. the linux community loves you.

  12. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 9 Jul 2008 07:31:08 -0400, Linonut wrote:
    >* The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:


    >> Your are an idiot, and you have no business using computers, period.
    >>
    >> Turn in your computers you moron, as you don't deserve to use any. The
    >> only thing you qualify for in the equipment usage is pushing a vacuum
    >> cleaner around, after you mop and wax the floors, janitor.


    >What? Are you actually implying that Linux is /easier/ to use than
    >Windows Vista?


    Of course it is. Spending 80% of your time waiting for a locked up vista
    system to start running again isn't easier to use.

  13. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    > The Black Mumba wrote:
    >
    >>
    >> You are an idiot.

    >
    > And you are the worst troll to pass through this newsgroup in a decade.
    > At least doofy, ewik and hadron have points to make in their posts. Bad
    > points usually, but still.
    >
    > Who are you? Clogwog in a rubber mask?


    Clogwog as "The Mask"? That would be funny. This poisonous adder's
    insults have the stench of TAB. The only thing that spares them a punch
    in the mouth is the distance between their monitor and face.

    Advocates LART'ed TAB, which surprised him that the COLA charter is valid
    and respected by some ISP's.

    --
    HPT

  14. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    High Plains Thumper wrote:



    There is nothing you can do to me, nothing

  15. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 08:15:26 -0400, The Black Mumba wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >> The Black Mumba <"Black "@mumba.com> wrote:
    >>> AZ Nomad idiot wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I generally run windows apps using win2k or xp-pro inside a vmware session. I
    >>>> generally only run one app inside any virtual machine. I do as little as
    >>>> possible in the VM as well -- my files are stored outside of it, my VPN
    >>>> to work is done via java outside, and I pause the VM when not in use.
    >>>> If it ****s up and that isn't uncommon, I simply revert to the last snapshot.
    >>> You are an idiot.

    >>

    >
    >> And you are the worst troll to pass through this newsgroup in a decade.
    >> At least doofy, ewik and hadron have points to make in their posts.
    >> Bad points usually, but still.
    >>
    >> Who are you? Clogwog in a rubber mask?

    >
    > Do you think I care? Let me get you some tissues. I am your daddy the
    > butt ****ed you mama, since you wanted to know.


    Better be careful lest High Plains Thumper or Marti start asking you for
    dates.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  16. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 09:35:31 -0400, The Black Mumba wrote:

    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > There is nothing you can do to me, nothing


    Still, I wouldn't let that loon, High Plains Thumper, within a mile of me.
    God knows what might hop off of his polluted carcass.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 07:38:07 -0400, The Black Mumba wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >
    >> What? Are you actually implying that Linux is /easier/ to use than
    >> Windows Vista?
    >>

    >
    > I am implying that you are an idiot that will chase the wind. All one
    > has to do is toss the rabbit on the track with the batteries in it, and
    > off you will go.


    Boy do you have Linonut pegged.

    Generally though you will find Linonut following Roy Schestowitz around
    like a lap dog.

    Roy says SPAM and Linonut SPAMS....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 02:05:12 -0400, The Black Mumba wrote:

    > 7 wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    > 7, have you looked into life at an asylum?


    They rejected 7 (mjcr) because he was too loony for them.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Collector of soaps from around the globe.
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  19. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    7 wrote:
    > When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?
    >
    > I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit
    > in front of a real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product
    > or a 'must have application'.
    >
    > (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    > Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux
    > had helped the most.)


    Make sure and post a video when you get rid of your dozens of Windows and
    commercial CDs.




  20. Re: When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 05:31:25 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Jul 8, 11:34*pm, 7 wrote:
    >> When was the last time you used a WINDUMMY PC?
    >>
    >> I've stretched it to 5 Days now wherein I have to sit in front of a
    >> real WINDUMMY PC because of a vendor lock in product or a 'must have
    >> application'.
    >>
    >> (All the rest of the time now its Linux Linux Linux!!!
    >> *Gaining the freedom to switch the workplace PC to Linux had helped
    >> *the most.)

    >
    > So, you use windows all day,


    Usually, at work.

    > and linux by night?


    Well, when not at work.

    > Because of Vendor lock in?


    More or less. Lock in, herd mentality, network effects.

    >
    > Maybe you can spend every waking,
    > non-working moment, and write a
    > comparable linux version, support it, and give it away for free?


    Why?

    >
    > I good. When can I have it?



    You good? ... Not!.


    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast