On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin. - Linux

This is a discussion on On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin. - Linux ; http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2179...

  1. On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

  2. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:18:00 -0400, Kadaitcha Man wrote:

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2179

    Beautiful Kman!!!!!

    Get ready for the discredit routine to be mobilized.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    Homer Simpson wrote:

    > Seriously.

    Seriously? You need to be kicked you in your ass, and hard too. Now
    that's serious.

  4. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    * Kadaitcha Man peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2179

    What rant? A metric with a subtractive bias is trending upward.

    And presented by a dude who just doesn't get it:

    for me Linux falls into that "science experiment" category
    and I've learned to identify anyone who tells me that Linux is
    "easy" as either deluded, has bought into the superstition,
    or is a liar...

    Meanwhile, he makes sure his XP box is updated continually, puts up with
    coming back to find it rebooted on him, loads his anti-malware potions,
    and puts up with buggy bloatware.

    Here's the real laffer:

    Seriously folks, no one should have to waste time Googling just to
    figure out how to install an application.

    What an idiot.

    --
    Time and tide wait for no man.

  5. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    * The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Homer Simpson wrote:
    >

    >> Seriously.

    > Seriously? You need to be kicked you in your ass, and hard too. Now
    > that's serious.

    Hmmm? Homer said something with meaning. What did you provide?

    More idiocy from the Retry, Reboot, Reinstall crowd.

    http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/?p=2179

    Seriously folks, no one should have to waste time Googling just to
    figure out how to install an application.

    What an idiot is this guy. What else does he do?

    http://www.pcdoctor-guide.com/wordpress/

    July's Patch Tuesday
    July 8th, 2008

    Four patches from Microsoft today, all rated Important:

    *LMAO*

    --
    Uh-oh -- WHY am I suddenly thinking of a VENERABLE religious leader
    frolicking on a FORT LAUDERDALE weekend?

  6. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    Linonut wrote:

    > What an idiot.

    No, you're the idiot for responding pea brain, as one would know that a
    sucker like you would bite big fish.

  7. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    Linonut a nut on the loose wrote:

    is on the chase with nose open.

  8. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    ____/ Homer on Wednesday 09 July 2008 01:18 : \____

    > Verily I say unto thee, that someone pretending to be Kadaitcha Man
    > spake thusly:
    >

    > Why are Microsoft and its "evangelists" so obsessed over a competing
    > technology with such a supposedly tiny market share?

    I didn't get the OP (your message is orphaned), but it's amusing to see how one
    shill cites another for 'validation'.

    For all I can tell:

    1) Ballmer and Ozzie confirm that Free software is the #1 threat and they got
    caught fighting it even using bribery. That's how miserable they are.

    2) Linux users tend to be smarter. They visit different sites. Those sites tend
    to be smart enough to realise the importance of privacy (remember
    YouTube-Viacom?) . As such, they don't divulge their logs. Many sites,
    including mine, see 1 in about 3 visitors using Linux. No, it's not the real
    market share, but it's the type of thing that totally escapes the view
    of 'junk food' statistics. For Microsoft to offer the logs of its partners to
    game stats would hardly be surprising. It still spam Webmasters in order to
    pimp its search engine (last reported yesterday).

    There are lies, damn lies, and stats. And there's scum like Microsoft that
    games stats like it's a bodily function.

    > Seriously.
    >
    > If Linux is no threat to them, then why even discuss it at all, much
    > less constantly obsess over it?
    >
    > Doesn't it seem rather irrational to constantly attack and denigrate
    > something so apparently insignificant?
    >
    > What could possibly motivate Microsoft and its "evangelists" to do such
    > a thing?
    >
    > What dimwits like Kingsley-Hughes fail to understand, is that their
    > constant belittlement of Linux only serves to remind the rest of us how
    > worried Microsoft is about it, to the point that they'd mount a campaign
    > of FUD and hatred against it using "evangelists" like him and others
    > (including various "evangelists" in this group).
    >
    > Clearly /they/ are far more worried about Linux's future than we are.
    >
    > Given that Linux is /free/ (cost), frankly any discussion of its
    > "market" share is entirely moot anyway.
    >
    > /We/ have nothing to lose. /They/ have everything to lose. And clearly
    > they are very; very worried about losing it.
    >
    > I wonder what could possibly cause them to worry so much about something
    > with such a supposedly "tiny market share"?

    It's better not to respond to the big lie. They try to make a self-fulfilling
    prophecy come true. It's about deterring developers, users and business
    entrants.

    Follow the numbers:

    Famelix and the dangers of combating Windows

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As with any GNU/Linux distribution, exact figures for use are hard to come by
    | for Famelix. However, other users of the distribution include 62 military
    | units, and schools and digital inclusion centers throughout South America. On
    | its home site, the distribution has had more than 22 million downloads -- at
    | least 14 million of them in the last 12 months, thanks mainly to the first
    | ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    | releases to support German, English, and Italian in addition to the original
    | Spanish and Portugese. By any standard, the distribution seems a success.
    `----

    http://www.linux.com/feature/135104

    - --
    ~~ Best of wishes

    Roy S. Schestowitz | UNIX: Because a PC is a terrible thing to waste
    Tasks: 134 total, 1 running, 133 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie

  9. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 07:48:46 -0400, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > I didn't get the OP (your message is orphaned), but it's amusing to see how one
    > shill cites another for 'validation'.

    Better complain to Mark Kent.
    Maybe his ISP, you know, the one you are sponging off of Roy Schestowitz,
    had problems.

    > For all I can tell:

    Key word *I*....

    > 1) Ballmer and Ozzie confirm that Free software is the #1 threat and they got
    > caught fighting it even using bribery. That's how miserable they are.

    Yawwn...Same old paranoia...
    IBM, that Linux using, promoting icon got caught bribing Korean officials
    amongst others.
    You never seem to talk about that Roy Schestowitz.

    > 2) Linux users tend to be smarter. They visit different sites. Those sites tend
    > to be smart enough to realise the importance of privacy (remember
    > YouTube-Viacom?) . As such, they don't divulge their logs. Many sites,
    > including mine, see 1 in about 3 visitors using Linux. No, it's not the real
    > market share, but it's the type of thing that totally escapes the view
    > of 'junk food' statistics. For Microsoft to offer the logs of its partners to
    > game stats would hardly be surprising. It still spam Webmasters in order to
    > pimp its search engine (last reported yesterday).

    What a load of self serving crap.....

    > There are lies, damn lies, and stats. And there's scum like Microsoft that
    > games stats like it's a bodily function.

    What is it with Linux users and their apparent obsession with bodily
    fluids?

    >> Seriously.
    >>
    >> If Linux is no threat to them, then why even discuss it at all, much
    >> less constantly obsess over it?
    >>
    >> Doesn't it seem rather irrational to constantly attack and denigrate
    >> something so apparently insignificant?
    >>
    >> What could possibly motivate Microsoft and its "evangelists" to do such
    >> a thing?
    >>
    >> What dimwits like Kingsley-Hughes fail to understand, is that their
    >> constant belittlement of Linux only serves to remind the rest of us how
    >> worried Microsoft is about it, to the point that they'd mount a campaign
    >> of FUD and hatred against it using "evangelists" like him and others
    >> (including various "evangelists" in this group).
    >>
    >> Clearly /they/ are far more worried about Linux's future than we are.
    >>
    >> Given that Linux is /free/ (cost), frankly any discussion of its
    >> "market" share is entirely moot anyway.
    >>
    >> /We/ have nothing to lose. /They/ have everything to lose. And clearly
    >> they are very; very worried about losing it.
    >>
    >> I wonder what could possibly cause them to worry so much about something
    >> with such a supposedly "tiny market share"?

    > It's better not to respond to the big lie. They try to make a self-fulfilling
    > prophecy come true. It's about deterring developers, users and business
    > entrants.

    Linux is free.
    Windows is not.
    Guess what most people use?

    > Follow the numbers:

    I can't.
    They are too small to find.

    Like 0.6 percent of the desktop market that Linux has even after 15+ years.
    That is pathetic.

    Once again, Roy Schestowitz uncorks a real bomb.....

    How many years have you been in school Roy Schestowitz?
    And this is the best you can come up with?

    Yikes!

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  10. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 07:29:19 -0400, The Black Mumba wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >

    >> What an idiot.
    >>

    > No, you're the idiot for responding pea brain, as one would know that a
    > sucker like you would bite big fish.

    Ouch......

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    * The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut wrote:

    No rant. Just laughing my ass off.

    >> What an idiot.

    > No, you're the idiot for responding pea brain, as one would know that a
    > sucker like you would bite big fish.

    Get outa town, man.

    --
    The proof that IBM didn't invent the car is that it has a steering wheel
    and an accelerator instead of spurs and ropes, to be compatible with a horse.

  12. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    * The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Linonut a nut on the loose wrote:
    >

    > is on the chase with nose open.

    Don't be a hypocrite.

    --
    The important thing to remember about walking on eggs is not to hop.

  13. Re: Microsoft's obsession with Linux's market share.

    Linonut wrote:
    > * The Black Mumba peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> Linonut a nut on the loose wrote:
    >>

    >> is on the chase with nose open.

    > Don't be a hypocrite.

  14. Re: On your marks, get ready and let the rants begin.

    Linonut wrote:

    > No rant. Just laughing my ass off.

    Bend over and pick your ass up, please, since your ass off. I
    don't want you running around here hollering MY ASS -- MY ASS -- MY ASS
    FELL OFF.

+ Reply to Thread