Gartner corrects mistake showing HP as server market leader

,----[ Quote ]
| This would have been a historic breakthrough for HP, as for years IBM has
| been top dog for sales in the server sector.
`----

That's the same H-P that fought for OOXML, did that Vista collusion with
Microsoft, and produced the new manager for GNOME, who is also with the
Microsoft-sponsored OpenLogic.

Didn't the Partner Group recently say that Linux has 3.5% market share on east
Europe's desktops?

Recent:

The France Shift From No to Abstain -- HP helped Microsoft France do it

| Here's the scoop from Les Echos.fr on France's sudden change from its No vote
| to Abstain. Microsoft France's President Eric Boustouller sent AFNOR a *
| letter [PDF] in French, of course. He tells a tale about OOXML and ODF
| progressing side by side and how if OOXML is approved, a group will be
| working hard to make the two more interoperable. Attached was a an HP
| statement of support for OOXML. HP sings the same song. And AFNOR? * *
|
| [...]
|
| Could it be any more cynical? So, now we know that HP is not supportive of
| Linux and FOSS as we thought. Knock me over with a feather. So, they got them
| to change on the basis of promises for the future. I'm sure there's more to
| the story, of course. *
`----

Related:

Microsoft dirty tricks, part two

,----[ Quote ]
| So the outside vendor was Hewlett-Packard, one of Microsoft's hardware OEMs,
| which is to say Microsoft's bitch.
|
| The tape disappearance was blamed on HP, which *accepted the blame,
| and the employees directly involved kept expecting there to be
| repurcussions, especially legal ones. *They expected to be deposed by
| Burst lawyers. *But it never happened.
|
| This was, for Microsoft, a perfect ending.
`----

http://www.technologyevangelist.com/...ty_tric_4.html

Microsoft, HP expand business alliance

,----[ Quote ]
| A new deal announced Wednesday calls for, among other things, more HP
| workers to be trained to sell Microsoft products.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6143540.html

French consumer protectionists are demanding PCs without preinstalled
software

,----[ Quote ]
| The consumer protectionists of the French organization UFC-Que Choisir
| are demanding of the IT group Hewlett-Packard and the vendors Auchan
| and Darty that they offer PCs without preinstalled software.
|
| [...]
|
| UFC-Que Choisir last year also took action against Sony and Apple,
| taking the two companies to court for allegedly putting their
| customers at a disadvantage through proprietary DRM technologies
| and curtailing their choice of devices.
`----

E-mail: Microsoft 'botched' dealings with Intel, HP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://origin.mercurynews.com/busine...nclick_check=1