How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux - Linux

This is a discussion on How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux - Linux ; I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong method was to drag ...

  1. How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder.
    It was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU

    One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it.
    (the wrong method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)

    So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    advocates.
    Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question.
    The group is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    I can also tell because people here don't talk of their experiences
    of using linux (well, beyond, IT JUST WORKS).

    That seems pretty accurate......

    There are some people using linux, and those are the ones
    that come out of the wood work at the last minute. But
    the other people are QUIET as a mouse.

  2. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder.
    > It was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >
    > One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it.
    > (the wrong method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)

    Someone did correct me.
    Stop lying through your teeth, the method was in gnome preferences
    "home_icon_visible".

    > So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    > advocates.

    I don't "use windows" at all (at the moment, thank glod)

    > Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question.
    > The group is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

  3. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 17:19:51 +0100, Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    > "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    >> on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>
    >> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)

    > Someone did correct me.
    > Stop lying through your teeth, the method was in gnome preferences
    > "home_icon_visible".

    And some of us don't use GNOME.

    >> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >> advocates.

    > I don't "use windows" at all (at the moment, thank glod)

    I haven't used windoze in a *long* time.

    >> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    >> mostly linux wanna-be's.

    > Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

    It's a troll, & that's all it's here to do.

    --
    The little scamps! It's the oldest trick in the book: capture your ship,
    turn it into a planet, then explore a macro universe in a laundry basket.

  4. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    * Andrew Halliwell peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

    That's even worse than a "dirty sanchez".

    --
    "If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward,
    then we are a sorry lot indeed."

  5. How fsckwits know that MOST HERE ignore their trolling

    Andrew Halliwell wrote:

    >"Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >>
    >> The group is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

    KF the fsckwit.

  6. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    > on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >
    > One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    > method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >
    > So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    > advocates.
    > Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    > mostly linux wanna-be's.

    No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon on
    my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.

    > I can also tell because people here don't talk of their experiences of
    > using linux (well, beyond, IT JUST WORKS).
    >
    > That seems pretty accurate......
    >
    > There are some people using linux, and those are the ones that come out
    > of the wood work at the last minute. But the other people are QUIET as
    > a mouse.

  7. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On 2008-07-08, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder.
    > It was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU

    Yet you never tried doing it "the windows way".

    Very strange.

    This is the 2nd troll of yours where thi sis the case.

    [deletia]

    Mebbe I should post a screenshot of my Ubuntu 8.04 desktop with the
    home folder icon on it...

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \

  8. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On 2008-07-08, ray wrote:
    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    >> on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>
    >> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >>
    >> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >> advocates.
    >> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    >> mostly linux wanna-be's.

    This isn't a help group and you a known troll.

    I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't even SEE your posts anymore.

    > No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon on
    > my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.

    [deletia]

    --
    Nothing quite gives you an understanding of mysql's |||
    popularity as does an attempt to do some simple date / | \
    manipulations in postgres.

  9. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    ray writes:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >
    >> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    >> on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>
    >> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >>
    >> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >> advocates.
    >> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    >> mostly linux wanna-be's.

    > No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon on
    > my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.

    I wonder what makes you think you are qualified to comment on Desktop
    Linux then?

    Or did you mean you do not use GUI filemanagers?

  10. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:46:18 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >On 2008-07-08, ray wrote:
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    >>> on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>>
    >>> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >>> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >>>
    >>> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >>> advocates.
    >>> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    >>> mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >This isn't a help group and you a known troll.

    >I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't even SEE your posts anymore.

    I don't see *any* posts from google-groups. They provide throwaway accounts
    to spammers. Blocking such sites eliminates most spam.

  11. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    AZ Nomad writes:

    > On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 12:46:18 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    >>This isn't a help group and you a known troll.

    >>I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't even SEE your posts anymore.

    > I don't see *any* posts from google-groups. They provide throwaway accounts
    > to spammers. Blocking such sites eliminates most spam.

    Wow! You are so big and mighty! Fear AZ Nomad and his mighty killfiles!

    --
    "Let the body stay buried wherever he put it, maybe it'll get
    found some day, maybe not. "

  12. Re: How fsckwits know that MOST HERE ignore their trolling

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:21:25 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >>"Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The group is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >>Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

    > KF the fsckwit.

    The truth is in the replies and discussion.

    Schestowitz gets so very few replies despite his massive, and increasingly
    voluminous SPAM stream.

    Why?

    He is boring....

    He lies.

    He offers up the same posts over and over and over again, sometimes over
    100 times or more.

    It gets old real fast.

    Some people enjoy debate.

    Others get paid for one way, little replied to SPAM.
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  13. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    > This isn't a help group and you a known troll.
    >
    > I wouldn't be surprised if most people here don't even SEE your posts
    > anymore.

    OK - good. So clear out!!

  14. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 20:19:41 +0200, Hadron wrote:

    > ray writes:
    >
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It
    >>> was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>>
    >>> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >>> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >>>
    >>> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >>> advocates.
    >>> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group
    >>> is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >> No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon
    >> on my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.
    >>

    > I wonder what makes you think you are qualified to comment on Desktop
    > Linux then?
    >
    > Or did you mean you do not use GUI filemanagers?

    I mean, I'm bright enough to use the command line and prefer it.

  15. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 12:39:52 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-07-08, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It
    >> was on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU

    > Yet you never tried doing it "the windows way".
    >
    > Very strange.
    >
    > This is the 2nd troll of yours where thi sis the case.

    Thi sis what???

    > [deletia]
    >
    > Mebbe I should post a screenshot of my Ubuntu 8.04 desktop with the
    > home folder icon on it...

    Go for it doofus!

  16. Re: How fsckwits know that MOST HERE ignore their trolling

    "chrisv" schreef in bericht
    > Andrew Halliwell wrote:
    >
    >>"Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> The group is mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >>Oh get stuffed. You got your answer. Stop pulling a lopez.

    > KF the fsckwit.

    Consider it done, trolltard!
    *PLOINK*

  17. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On 8 Jul 2008 19:32:52 GMT, ray wrote:

    > I mean, I'm bright enough to use the command line and prefer it.

    Linux user elitist attitude noted.

    Being able to use the command line has no bearing whatsoever on a person's
    intelligence.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  18. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    On 2008-07-08, Hadron wrote:
    > ray writes:
    >
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:43:28 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>
    >>> I posted that I could not get a desktop ICON for the Home folder. It was
    >>> on the most common linux dristro: UBUNTU
    >>>
    >>> One person here gets it wrong, and NOBODY here corrects it. (the wrong
    >>> method was to drag it from menu>places>home to the desktop)
    >>>
    >>> So, we have a group that uses Windows by day, claiming to be linux
    >>> advocates.
    >>> Cause they don't know the answer to a small easy question. The group is
    >>> mostly linux wanna-be's.

    >> No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon on
    >> my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.
    >>

    > I wonder what makes you think you are qualified to comment on Desktop
    > Linux then?

    Desktop Linux is not merely limited to attempts to clone the top
    level shell in Windows or Nextstep.

    > Or did you mean you do not use GUI filemanagers?

    --

    Some people have this nutty idea that in 1997 |||
    reading to a hard disk and writing to a hard disk / | \

  19. Re: How I know that MOST HERE don't use desktop linux

    JEDIDIAH writes:

    > On 2008-07-08, Hadron wrote:
    >> ray writes:

    >>> No, doofus, it's because I've never had a desire to have a folder icon on
    >>> my dekstop. I don't use filemanagers.
    >>>

    >> I wonder what makes you think you are qualified to comment on Desktop
    >> Linux then?

    > Desktop Linux is not merely limited to attempts to clone the top
    > level shell in Windows or Nextstep.

    clone? Huh?

    Let's face it - you know full well in this context what is meant by
    Desktop Linux. And using the command line for all file manipulations as
    Ray claims to do is pretty much irrelevant. Remember, we were talking
    drag and drop here. Not using some incantation of "find".

    >> Or did you mean you do not use GUI filemanagers?

    --
    If you take both of those factors together then WinXP is a flop, selling
    *less* than Win 98 by a factor of two.

+ Reply to Thread