Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser - Linux

This is a discussion on Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser - Linux ; Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47

  1. Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body
    Insisted after verdict he had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

  2. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body
    > Insisted after verdict he had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    Rick must be in mourning.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  3. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body
    >> Insisted after verdict he had nothing to do with death; ID of body
    >> uncertain
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > Rick must be in mourning.

    (p)Rick is still holding out hope that the real murderer - the one who
    killed and dumped the body while Hans just watched - will confess.

  4. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On 2008-07-08, DFS wrote:
    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body
    >>> Insisted after verdict he had nothing to do with death; ID of body
    >>> uncertain
    >>>
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    >> Rick must be in mourning.

    > (p)Rick is still holding out hope that the real murderer - the one who
    > killed and dumped the body while Hans just watched - will confess.

    You know, there is such a thing as getting to the right answer for
    the wrong reason. This is an idea not entirely alien to mathematics or
    the physical sciences or even academia in general (CIS is a branch of math).

    --
    Sure, I could use iTunes even under Linux. However, I have |||
    better things to do with my time than deal with how iTunes doesn't / | \

  5. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:42:36 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he
    >> had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > Rick must be in mourning.

    You must be a disgusting, lying, bitch.

    --
    Rick

  6. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:47:53 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict
    >>> he had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >>>
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    >> Rick must be in mourning.

    > (p)Rick is still holding out hope that the real murderer - the one who
    > killed and dumped the body while Hans just watched - will confess.

    Fsck you.

    --
    Rick

  7. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he
    > had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >
    > http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    Damn - that means ReiserFS will stop working!

  8. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 08:55:57 -0500, JEDIDIAH wrote:

    > On 2008-07-08, DFS wrote:
    >> Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    >>> Rick must be in mourning.

    >> (p)Rick is still holding out hope that the real murderer - the one who
    >> killed and dumped the body while Hans just watched - will confess.

    > You know, there is such a thing as getting to the right answer for
    > the wrong reason. This is an idea not entirely alien to mathematics or
    > the physical sciences or even academia in general (CIS is a branch of
    > math).

    .... and it seems to me, from statements made by jurors, that they
    convicted him not solely based on the evidence, but from personal
    dislike. I have always said that I thought he committed the murder. And
    now we have direct proof of a murder, which IMO, makes the circumstantial
    evidence stronger.

    --
    Rick

  9. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On 2008-07-08, ray claimed:
    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he
    >> had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > Damn - that means ReiserFS will stop working!

    As soon as I read that my partitions quit working. Of course, rescue
    media isn't going tohelp since it relies on the same tools developed by
    Reiser to do the rescue.

    --
    I'm not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect
    that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldn't need an

  10. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 10:04:53 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:

    > On 2008-07-08, ray claimed:
    >> On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >>
    >>> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he
    >>> had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >>>
    >>> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    >> Damn - that means ReiserFS will stop working!

    > As soon as I read that my partitions quit working. Of course, rescue
    > media isn't going tohelp since it relies on the same tools developed by
    > Reiser to do the rescue.

    So Reiser killed your partition?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  11. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    Hans and OJ should team-up to find the real murderers. 8)

  12. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:17:39 -0500, chrisv wrote:

    > Hans and OJ should team-up to find the real murderers. 8)

    Yea....

    Now Hans can write a book titled "If I Did it, How I would Go about It" or
    something like that.

    I wonder if he is going to use Open Office to write it?

    I'll bet he is going to be a curiosity in the prison population.

    Maybe Rick can head up a donation program and hit the Linux loons up for
    contributions to the Hans Resier KY Jelly fund?

    Lord knows he is going to need it.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  13. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 14:11:35 +0000, ray wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:21:57 -0400, DFS wrote:
    >
    >> Convicted husband leads Calif. police to body Insisted after verdict he
    >> had nothing to do with death; ID of body uncertain
    >>
    >> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25577513/

    > Damn - that means ReiserFS will stop working!

    Good thing I switched to ext3 a while ago.

    --
    Rick

  14. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:22:19 -0400, Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 10:17:39 -0500, chrisv wrote:
    >
    >> Hans and OJ should team-up to find the real murderers. 8)

    > Yea....
    >
    > Now Hans can write a book titled "If I Did it, How I would Go about It"
    > or something like that.
    >
    > I wonder if he is going to use Open Office to write it?
    >
    > I'll bet he is going to be a curiosity in the prison population.
    >
    > Maybe Rick can head up a donation program and hit the Linux loons up for
    > contributions to the Hans Resier KY Jelly fund?
    >
    > Lord knows he is going to need it.

    Maybe you can go self qualify for a Darwin Award? What happened to you to
    make you such a disgusting excuse for a person?

    --
    Rick

  15. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    In article ,
    JEDIDIAH wrote:
    > You know, there is such a thing as getting to the right answer for
    > the wrong reason. This is an idea not entirely alien to mathematics or

    But overwhelming evidence, such as they had at the trial, is not the
    wrong reason. The prosecutor summed it up nicely here:

    <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localnews/
    detail?blogid=37&entry_id=25878>

    Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a whole,
    it was a compelling case.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  16. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:20:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a whole,
    > it was a compelling case.

    Which is pretty much the norm for a trial.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  17. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:20:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >> You know, there is such a thing as getting to the right answer for
    >> the wrong reason. This is an idea not entirely alien to mathematics or

    > But overwhelming evidence, such as they had at the trial, is not the
    > wrong reason. The prosecutor summed it up nicely here:
    >
    >> <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localnews/detail?

    blogid=37&entry_id=25878>

    > <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localnews/
    > detail?blogid=37&entry_id=25878>
    >
    > Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a whole,
    > it was a compelling case.

    By juror comments, IIRC, they had to have Reiser on the stand to decide
    he was guilty... they didn't like him. He didn't react the way they
    thought he should. So he was guilty.

    --
    Rick

  18. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    In article ,
    Rick wrote:
    > > Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a whole,
    > > it was a compelling case.

    > By juror comments, IIRC, they had to have Reiser on the stand to decide
    > he was guilty... they didn't like him. He didn't react the way they
    > thought he should. So he was guilty.

    Yeah, he didn't react the way they thought an innocent man would react:
    he lied. One of the main reasons for trial by a live jury is so that
    jurors can see and hear the witnesses, so as to use the demeanor of the
    witness to help in deciding whether or not the witness is telling the
    truth.

    --
    --Tim Smith

  19. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    "Rick" stated in post
    oO-dnWfA0eWAOu7VnZ2dnUVZ_sLinZ2d@supernews.com on 7/8/08 10:42 AM:

    > On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 09:20:10 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:
    >
    >> In article ,
    >> JEDIDIAH wrote:
    >>> You know, there is such a thing as getting to the right answer for
    >>> the wrong reason. This is an idea not entirely alien to mathematics or

    >> But overwhelming evidence, such as they had at the trial, is not the
    >> wrong reason. The prosecutor summed it up nicely here:
    >>
    >>> <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localnews/detail?

    > blogid=37&entry_id=25878>
    >>
    >> <http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/localnews/
    >> detail?blogid=37&entry_id=25878>
    >>
    >> Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a whole,
    >> it was a compelling case.

    > By juror comments, IIRC, they had to have Reiser on the stand to decide
    > he was guilty... they didn't like him. He didn't react the way they
    > thought he should. So he was guilty.

    Funny how much you defend a guy you deny you have defended!

    --
    One who makes no mistakes, never makes anything.

  20. Re: Hans Reiser gives up the body of Nina Reiser

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2008 11:12:14 -0700, Tim Smith wrote:

    > In article ,
    > Rick wrote:
    >> > Any one or two of the items can be explained away, but taken as a
    >> > whole, it was a compelling case.

    >> By juror comments, IIRC, they had to have Reiser on the stand to decide
    >> he was guilty... they didn't like him. He didn't react the way they
    >> thought he should. So he was guilty.

    > Yeah, he didn't react the way they thought an innocent man would react:
    > he lied.

    Apparently he lied. No, he didn't react they way they thought he should.
    They decided he shuld be grieving for his wife if he was innocent. There
    are several people floating around the planet that if they were to die, I
    wouldn't grieve, I would dance. No, none of them are ex-wives.

    > One of the main reasons for trial by a live jury is so that
    > jurors can see and hear the witnesses, so as to use the demeanor of the
    > witness to help in deciding whether or not the witness is telling the
    > truth.

    Use the the demeanor, yes, but not decide based on the fact that he was
    "different". Ah, well.In a sense some justice was served. He will go to
    jail. However, I wonder what will happen to other people that go to trial
    that are different... they twitch, or are savants... and are innocent.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast