It is all in the software applications.... - Linux

This is a discussion on It is all in the software applications.... - Linux ; For the most part, linux gives you a base set of applications. But it is the custom software that makes Microsoft Great. For my kids, I can run to the local store and buy really cool educational games, that are ...

  1. It is all in the software applications....

    For the most part, linux gives you a base set of applications.
    But it is the custom software that makes Microsoft Great.

    For my kids, I can run to the local store and buy really cool
    educational games, that are fun, and lively, and interactive.
    The linux stuff does not come close.

    I can't go and BUY a fun, educational game for my kids,
    at linux. I have to PRAY some linux programmer, wants to
    not have a life, and work day and night making some program.

    And that is one program. The kids might want a different game
    after playing that one a while.

    Now I am hoping some other programmer, with no life,
    also wants to make a FREE GAME, so there is 2 games.

    Now, lets look at professionals. Realtors are basically
    required to have a program that runs on Windows only.

    Where there are more then about 3 lawyers, they
    need software that only runs on windows.

    All those people that learned photoshop, well, they
    are not going to learn the GIMP. It takes to long.
    They already know a program. Why spend time learning
    another?

    Well, linux is still for GEEKS and the Poor.

  2. Re: It is all in the software applications....

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:47:04 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > For the most part, linux gives you a base set of applications. But it is
    > the custom software that makes Microsoft Great.

    Then why don't you stay with Windows?

    > For my kids, I can run to the local store and buy really cool
    > educational games, that are fun, and lively, and interactive. The linux
    > stuff does not come close.

    Then why don't you stay with Windows?

    > I can't go and BUY a fun, educational game for my kids, at linux. I
    > have to PRAY some linux programmer, wants to not have a life, and work
    > day and night making some program.

    Then why don't you stay with Windows?

    > And that is one program. The kids might want a different game after
    > playing that one a while.
    >
    > Now I am hoping some other programmer, with no life, also wants to make
    > a FREE GAME, so there is 2 games.

    Then why don't you stay with Windows?

    > Now, lets look at professionals. Realtors are basically required to
    > have a program that runs on Windows only.
    >
    > Where there are more then about 3 lawyers, they need software that only
    > runs on windows.
    >
    > All those people that learned photoshop, well, they are not going to
    > learn the GIMP. It takes to long. They already know a program. Why
    > spend time learning another?

    For professionals that need Photoshop, and OSS tools that don't provide
    what they need, they will need to stay with Photoshop.

    --
    Rick

+ Reply to Thread