The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop.... - Linux

This is a discussion on The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop.... - Linux ; The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop.... http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department. Did not just work. It flopped so bad, they approved an €8m migration to Windows Vista. Linux geeks will blame the Users, like ...

  1. The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm

    There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department.
    Did not just work.

    It flopped so bad, they approved an €8m migration to Windows Vista.

    Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they
    always do. The blame is on the people that
    did the switch. I am sure they had classes
    to teach people how to TERMINAL.

    They did not do their homework, on what
    the users are doing. Some things can't be
    done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    online.

  2. Re: The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    On Mon, 07 Jul 2008 09:20:18 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm
    >
    > There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department. Did
    > not just work.
    >
    > It flopped so bad, they approved an €8m migration to Windows Vista.
    >
    > Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they always do.

    Tab will lie his ass of, like he is known to do.

    > The blame is on the people that did the switch.

    That may well be true.

    > I am sure they had classes to teach people how to TERMINAL.

    Why are you sure of that?

    > They did not do their homework, on what the users are doing. Some
    > things can't be done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    > online.

    Oh, well. Buy a Dodge, or use Windows.

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:20:18 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm
    >
    > There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department.
    > Did not just work.
    >
    > It flopped so bad, they approved an ¤8m migration to Windows Vista.
    >
    > Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they
    > always do. The blame is on the people that
    > did the switch. I am sure they had classes
    > to teach people how to TERMINAL.
    >
    > They did not do their homework, on what
    > the users are doing. Some things can't be
    > done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    > online.

    Maybe they need to read the "German Linux Migration Manual" that
    Schestowitz posted here a couple of days ago?

    Surely the Munich Linux migration is the pinnacle of efficiency!!

    NOT!!!!!

    What a joke....

    It just goes to further prove that Linux is free only if your time is
    free.....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    > http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm
    >
    > There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department.
    > Did not just work.
    >
    > It flopped so bad, they approved an €8m migration to Windows Vista.
    >
    > Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they
    > always do. The blame is on the people that
    > did the switch. I am sure they had classes
    > to teach people how to TERMINAL.
    >
    > They did not do their homework, on what
    > the users are doing. Some things can't be
    > done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    > online.

    "A key factor in the rollback decision is software used in a kindergarten
    language-learning programme called 'Schlaumäuse', which requires Internet
    Explorer, according to city officials quoted in the report."
    This seems clear enough to me."

    "The software maker behind the Schlaumäuse software is planning a Firefox
    version for 2009, according to Ringler, who pointed out in the report that
    the city could have subsidised a Firefox version of the software for a
    fraction of the cost of the Windows Vista migration."

    This seems clear enough to me. Is there a problem?
    Attila

  5. Re: The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    On Jul 7, 1:05*pm, Attila wrote:
    > Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > > The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    > >http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm

    > > There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department.
    > > Did not just work.

    > > It flopped so bad, *they approved an €8m migration to Windows Vista..

    > > Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they
    > > always do. *The blame is on the people that
    > > did the switch. *I am sure they had classes
    > > to teach people how to TERMINAL.

    > > They did not do their homework, on what
    > > the users are doing. *Some things can't be
    > > done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    > > online.

    > "A key factor in the rollback decision is software used in a kindergarten
    > language-learning programme called 'Schlaumäuse', which requires Internet
    > Explorer, according to city officials quoted in the report."
    > This seems clear enough to me."
    >
    > "The software maker behind the Schlaumäuse software is planning a Firefox
    > version for 2009, according to Ringler, who pointed out in the report that
    > the city could have subsidised a Firefox version of the software for a
    > fraction of the cost of the Windows Vista migration."
    >
    > This seems clear enough to me. Is there a problem?
    > Attila
    > --
    > Registerd Linux user #445917 athttp://counter.li.org/

    They did not know this "AHEAD OF TIME"?
    They really need to do their homework.
    It is clear they DID NOT. So, since they
    DID NOT DO THEIR HOMEWORK, they
    failed.

    Seems really clear to me. Linux geeks
    make blanket statements and do not
    do their homework. Heck, even the
    problems I post, I find, the Linux Geeks
    did not test to see if it is really a problem.

    That was just last week on making a Gnome
    Home Icon on the desktop in Ubuntu. One
    week ago. Linux geek not doing homework.

  6. Re: The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....

    On Mon, 7 Jul 2008 10:10:48 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Jul 7, 1:05*pm, Attila wrote:
    >> Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>> The Vienna Migration is a Complete Flop....
    >>>http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1...9429910,00.htm

    >>> There were hardware detection problems say's their IT department.
    >>> Did not just work.

    >>> It flopped so bad, *they approved an ¤8m migration to Windows Vista.

    >>> Linux geeks will blame the Users, like they
    >>> always do. *The blame is on the people that
    >>> did the switch. *I am sure they had classes
    >>> to teach people how to TERMINAL.

    >>> They did not do their homework, on what
    >>> the users are doing. *Some things can't be
    >>> done on LINUX, like paying my Toyota Car Payment,
    >>> online.

    >> "A key factor in the rollback decision is software used in a kindergarten
    >> language-learning programme called 'Schlaumäuse', which requires Internet
    >> Explorer, according to city officials quoted in the report."
    >> This seems clear enough to me."
    >>
    >> "The software maker behind the Schlaumäuse software is planning a Firefox
    >> version for 2009, according to Ringler, who pointed out in the report that
    >> the city could have subsidised a Firefox version of the software for a
    >> fraction of the cost of the Windows Vista migration."
    >>
    >> This seems clear enough to me. Is there a problem?
    >> Attila
    >> --
    >> Registerd Linux user #445917 athttp://counter.li.org/

    > They did not know this "AHEAD OF TIME"?
    > They really need to do their homework.
    > It is clear they DID NOT. So, since they
    > DID NOT DO THEIR HOMEWORK, they
    > failed.
    >
    > Seems really clear to me. Linux geeks
    > make blanket statements and do not
    > do their homework. Heck, even the
    > problems I post, I find, the Linux Geeks
    > did not test to see if it is really a problem.
    >
    > That was just last week on making a Gnome
    > Home Icon on the desktop in Ubuntu. One
    > week ago. Linux geek not doing homework.

    The Linux community seems to screw up everything they get involved with.

    See the OLPC disaster for details.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: