[News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications - Linux

  1. Re: [News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:27:20 -0400, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Audio KDE Applications - Review

    How many times are you going to repost this tripe Roy Schestowitz?

    Slow day in the SPAM factory?

    I realize you have to keep your masters happy in order to earn your pay but
    this re-posting 10 times is getting a bit over the top.
    Don't you think?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  2. Re: [News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:27:20 -0400, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >> Audio KDE Applications - Review

    > How many times are you going to repost this tripe Roy Schestowitz?
    >
    > Slow day in the SPAM factory?
    >
    > I realize you have to keep your masters happy in order to earn your
    > pay but this re-posting 10 times is getting a bit over the top.
    > Don't you think?

    10x isn't many for Spamowitz. There are a few links/quotes he posts 200 or
    more times. It's just that he's lazy (==OSS advocate) and lets his perl
    script do all the work.

  3. Re: [News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:14:48 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >> On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 21:27:20 -0400, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    >>> Audio KDE Applications - Review

    >> How many times are you going to repost this tripe Roy Schestowitz?
    >>
    >> Slow day in the SPAM factory?
    >>
    >> I realize you have to keep your masters happy in order to earn your
    >> pay but this re-posting 10 times is getting a bit over the top.
    >> Don't you think?

    > 10x isn't many for Spamowitz. There are a few links/quotes he posts 200 or
    > more times. It's just that he's lazy (==OSS advocate) and lets his perl
    > script do all the work.

    I know.

    I still can't believe the drones in this group have not figured out what
    Schestowitz is all about.

    Are they that blinded by their own idiocy?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  4. [News] Overview of KDE Audio Applications

    Audio KDE Applications - Review

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | A nice useful application for editing tags in your audio collection is Kid3,
    | which currently is at version 1.0 and it offers support for all the major f
    | ormats like OGG Vorbis, FLAC, MP3 or MP4. The good thing about Kid3 is that
    | it allows you to edit tags for several files at once, instead of editing one
    | file, saving and then starting over with the next file.
    `----

    http://vivapinkfloyd.blogspot.com/20...ns-review.html

    Recent:

    42 of the Best Free Linux Audio Software

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | There is an extensive amount of free audio software available on the Linux
    | platform which is both mature and sophisticated. In fact, Linux has all the
    | tools needed to be a serious contender in music production without a user
    | having to venture into the commercial software world.
    |
    | To provide an insight into the quality of software that is available, we have
    | compiled a list of 42 high quality Linux audio applications, covering a broad
    | range of different uses. Most of the titles included here are desktop
    | applications sporting an attractive front-end, although we have not forgotten
    | console software.
    `----

    http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20...178/Audio.html

    Five of the Best Linux Audio Players

    | Amarok
    |
    | Amarok makes use of core components from the K Desktop Environment, but is
    | released independently of the central KDE release cycle. Amarok's tagline
    | is "Rediscover Your Music", and its development is based around this
    | ideology.
    |
    | [...]
    `----

    http://fourforces.blogspot.com/2008/...c-players.html

    Adjust Volume of Individual Applications with PulseAudio

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | PulseAudio is the new sound server that’s being included in Ubuntu 8.04 and
    | other recent Linux distros. A sound server lets changes be made to sound
    | between the applications and sound hardware layers. Among other features,
    | PulseAudio provides per-application volume controls, a plugin architecture,
    | low-latency, networking features, and good application compatibility.
    `----

    http://tombuntu.com/index.php/2008/0...th-pulseaudio/

    Related:

    Audio in Linux is awesome

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | I can’t wait for PulseAudio. I’m sure that will make all of this even easier.
    `----

    http://darkness.codefu.org/wordpress/2007/12/15/292

    Why Vista sounds worse

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Changes to how the latest version of Windows handles audio playback has
    | caused unexpected quality issues for musicians and consumers alike, reports
    | Tim Anderson
    `----

    http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...oft.technology

+ Reply to Thread