[News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses - Linux ; In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this newsgroup, the FOSS FireFox has proved to be extremely popular. From practical experience, Windows users have found it much more user friendly than Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. http://www.linux.com/feature/140732 Mozilla ...

  1. [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses

    In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this newsgroup,
    the FOSS FireFox has proved to be extremely popular. From
    practical experience, Windows users have found it much more user
    friendly than Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.

    http://www.linux.com/feature/140732

    Mozilla officially scores a world record
    By Amber Gillies on July 05, 2008 (7:00:00 PM)

    They did it -- Mozilla now holds the world record for the most
    software downloaded in 24 hours, according to Jamie Panas, press
    and marketing assistant at Guinness World Records.

    Download Day 2008, designated by the Mozilla Foundation on June
    17 in celebration of its 10th anniversary, saw the release of
    Firefox 3, the free Web browser for Linux, Windows, and Mac OS X.
    An intensive marketing campaign to set the first Guinness World
    Record of its kind, for the most software downloaded in one day,
    resulted in more than 8 million copies downloaded in one day,
    according to Mozilla.
    --
    HPT
    Quando omni flunkus moritati

  2. Re: [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses

    "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    > In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this newsgroup, the FOSS
    > FireFox has proved to be extremely popular. From practical experience,
    > Windows users have found it much more user friendly than Microsoft
    > Internet Explorer 7.

    Pffft! Get Opera it's more userfriendly and secure than Microsoft Internet
    Explorer 7 and Firefox put together.
    http://www.opera.com/?home
    Thanks to over 98% marketshare of Windows and Mac OS X, Firefox became a bit
    of a succes, but because of it's security flaws most people uninstalled
    Firefox immediately.
    Linux and it's 500+ distro's is a negligible factor of no importance!
    Opera had it's share of downloads: 4.7 million downloads in 5 days
    "Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista, Linux of Mac OS X 10.3 of
    hoger.
    --
    High (Hoge) Plains (Vlaktes) Thumper (Neuker) is het sufkutje van Marti!

  3. Re: [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 17:33:45 +0200, Clogwog wrote:

    > "High Plains Thumper" schreef in bericht
    >> In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this newsgroup, the FOSS
    >> FireFox has proved to be extremely popular. From practical experience,
    >> Windows users have found it much more user friendly than Microsoft
    >> Internet Explorer 7.

    > Pffft! Get Opera it's more userfriendly and secure than Microsoft Internet
    > Explorer 7 and Firefox put together.
    > http://www.opera.com/?home
    > Thanks to over 98% marketshare of Windows and Mac OS X, Firefox became a bit
    > of a succes, but because of it's security flaws most people uninstalled
    > Firefox immediately.
    > Linux and it's 500+ distro's is a negligible factor of no importance!
    > Opera had it's share of downloads: 4.7 million downloads in 5 days
    > "Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista, Linux of Mac OS X 10.3 of
    > hoger.

    IBM uses Opera on their Maintenance Consoles for their large systems disk
    subsystems.
    They run Redhat Linux BTW.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses

    KUTLOZE SCHEEFGEPOEPTE (clogwog) gepruild als meisje:
    > "High Plains Thumper" schreef...
    >
    >> In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this
    >> newsgroup, the FOSS FireFox has proved to be extremely
    >> popular. From practical experience, Windows users have
    >> found it much more user friendly than Microsoft Internet
    >> Explorer 7.
    >>
    >> http://www.linux.com/feature/140732 [....]
    >>
    >> Download Day 2008, designated by the Mozilla Foundation on
    >> June 17 in celebration of its 10th anniversary, saw the
    >> release of Firefox 3, the free Web browser for Linux,
    >> Windows, and Mac OS X. An intensive marketing campaign to
    >> set the first Guinness World Record of its kind, for the
    >> most software downloaded in one day, resulted in more than 8
    >> million copies downloaded in one day, according to Mozilla.
    >> [/quote]

    > HPT has [Schrap sleeplijn razen en tieren.]

    Clogwog is een paardelul.

    http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/jerk.htm

    --
    HPT

  5. Re: [News] FireFox Proved Popular with the Masses

    clogwog gegild als een meisje:
    > "High Plains Thumper" schreef...
    >>
    >> In spite of all the criticisms by the trolls in this
    >> newsgroup, the FOSS FireFox has proved to be extremely
    >> popular. From practical experience, Windows users have
    >> found it much more user friendly than Microsoft Internet
    >> Explorer 7.

    > Pffft! Get Opera it's more userfriendly and secure than
    > Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox put together.
    > http://www.opera.com/?home
    >
    > Thanks to [Schrap sleeplijn razen en tieren.]

    http://blog.mozilla.com/security/

    New Security Issue Under Investigation
    06.18.08 - 09:07pm

    TippingPoint ZDI notified Mozilla of a vulnerability in Firefox
    that impacts versions 2.x and 3.0. This issue is currently under
    investigation. To protect our users, the details of the issue
    will remain closed until a patch is made available. There is no
    public exploit, the details are private, and so the current risk
    to users is minimal.
    Undisclosed, unexploited risk. Je hebt het niveau van een poffertje.

    --
    HPT

+ Reply to Thread