[News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser - Linux

This is a discussion on [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser - Linux ; Firefox - a world record breaking open source project ,----[ Quote ] | After many years of championing standards compliance, the icing on the cake | for the volunteer developers at Mozilla has to be the fact that they can ...

  1. [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    Firefox - a world record breaking open source project

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | After many years of championing standards compliance, the icing on the cake
    | for the volunteer developers at Mozilla has to be the fact that they can now
    | rightly claim to be the most popular browser amongst the digirati. Why? The
    | release of Firefox 3 on June 17 2008 generated slightly over 8,000,000
    | downloads over a 24 hour period, propelling the browser into the Guinness
    | World Records as the single most popular one day download ever.
    `----

    http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/ar...proj.asp/4909/
    http://tinyurl.com/6l4huk

    Pencil Turns Firefox into a Drawing Tool

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Just when I think I’ve seen everything that you can do in Firefox, along
    | comes an add-on like Pencil (Firefox 3 required). By coupling the Gecko
    | drawing engine with the ability to display, save, and load an external
    | canvas, together with a palette of shapes, Pencil installs an entire drawing
    | application into your Firefox browser.
    `----

    http://webworkerdaily.com/2008/07/04...-drawing-tool/

    Recent:

    How Can We Harness the Firefox Effect?

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Three things are striking about the recent launch of Firefox 3. First, the
    | unanimity about the quality of the code: practically everyone thinks it's
    | better in practically every respect. Secondly, the way in which the
    | mainstream media covered its launch: it was treated as a normal, important
    | tech story – gone are the days of supercilious anecdotes about those wacky,
    | sandal-wearing free software anoraks. And finally – and perhaps most
    | importantly - the scale and intensity of participation by the millions of
    | people who have downloaded the software in the last week.
    `----

    http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/...firefox-effect

  2. Re: [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Firefox - a world record breaking open source project
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >> After many years of championing standards compliance, the icing on the
    >> cake for the volunteer developers at Mozilla has to be the fact that
    >> they can now rightly claim to be the most popular browser amongst the
    >> digirati. Why? The release of Firefox 3 on June 17 2008 generated
    >> slightly over 8,000,000 downloads over a 24 hour period, propelling the
    >> browser into the Guinness World Records as the single most popular one
    >> day download ever.

    > `----
    >
    > http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/ar...proj.asp/4909/
    > http://tinyurl.com/6l4huk

    Last week, a friend had problems in Windows XP with an errant Earthlink
    spam trap module, that after deletion using a more recent spyware checker
    to detect, corrected the spotty communications. Uninstalling Earthlink
    software did not remove this module, which supports that it was viral.

    He was surprised how much faster FireFox is in downloading web pages over
    IE7. It already has a built in pop-up blocker. FF is more user friendly
    with its menu system.

    Kudos to the Mozilla design team for making a superior product.

    --
    HPT

  3. Re: [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 14:42:40 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > Last week, a friend had problems in Windows XP with an errant Earthlink
    > spam trap module, that after deletion using a m

    Sure....
    We believe you.
    Really we do....

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    Moshe Goldfarb wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >>> http://www.bigmouthmedia.com/live/ar...proj.asp/4909/
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/6l4huk

    >> Last week, a friend had problems in Windows XP with an errant Earthlink
    >> spam trap module, that after deletion using a more recent spyware
    >> checker to detect, corrected the spotty communications. Uninstalling
    >> Earthlink software did not remove this module, which supports that it
    >> was viral.
    >>
    >> He was surprised how much faster FireFox is in downloading web pages
    >> over IE7. It already has a built in pop-up blocker. FF is more user
    >> friendly with its menu system.
    >>
    >> Kudos to the Mozilla design team for making a superior product.

    > Sure....
    > We believe you.
    > Really we do....

    New poster to comp.os.linux.advocacy tells profound truth about Moshe AKA
    Flatfish:

    http://tinyurl.com/6m6a8c

    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy, alt.os.linux.ubuntu
    Subject: Re: [News] Red Hat Developer's Update on PulseAudio, Fedora Live
    CDs Interview
    Date: 11 Apr 2008 18:53:55 GMT

    > Dan, you're probably a nice guy, but we get a ton of "works for me" crap
    > in COLA and most times it's just people telling lies.

    Well sorry to dissapoint you, but I'm not in COLA. I'm reading these posts
    in the Ubuntu group. The only reason they are going to COLA is because
    whomever started the thread had it crossposted there...and to Vista
    groups, which I removed because this has nothing to do with Vista.

    I'm NOT a Linux pusher, I still use Windows most of the time since I'd
    just installed Linux a few weeks ago, maybe a month+ ago, and still
    checking out apps and learning Linux. There are things I like and things I
    don't like.

    Believe what you want to believe. It's painfully obvious that you are
    completely anti-Linux, just like some are completely anti-MS, and have
    such strong preconceived beliefs that it doesn't really matter what anyone
    says about any particular Linux item, everyone's a liar, and nothing works
    out-of-the-box.
    --
    HPT

  5. Re: [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 23:10:13 -0600, High Plains Thumper wrote:

    > New poster to comp.os.linux.advocacy tells profound truth about Moshe AKA
    > Flatfish:

    Yawwn....
    Seems like you are stalking me HPT.
    That gives me the willy's because I don't like homosexuals.
    Why not go back to your girlfriend Marti who wants to ***** your brains
    out?

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  6. Re: [News] Firefox a Record Holder, More Than Just a Web Browser

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    > High Plains Thumper wrote:
    >
    >> New poster to comp.os.linux.advocacy tells profound truth
    >> about Moshe AKA Flatfish:

    > Yawwn.... Seems like you are stalking me HPT. That gives me
    > the willy's because I don't like homosexuals. Why not go back
    > to your girlfriend Marti who wants to ***** your brains out?

    Moshe is Flatfish.

    http://groups.google.com/group/comp....7683e7f46e030?

    Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 22:19:15 GMT
    Subject: More "Flatfish" Forgery: "Felching, Linux and the FAQ"

    This forged post, another in a series, provides further proof
    that their author is the person who uses the name "flatfish"
    (among some 60 other fake identities). Evidence has been posted
    identifying this individual as one Gary M. Stewart.

    He has previously posted articles expressing his hatred of
    homosexual people, and his belief that I'm gay (because I've
    written in support of civil rights for homosexuals). The forged
    post contains a derogatory sexual reference that he thinks
    relates to gay men.

    http://tinyurl.com/5hwppw

    From: Moshe Goldfarb [brick.n.st...@gmail.com]
    Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
    Subject: Re: I never liked the ReiserFS for one simple reason...
    Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 09:59:50 -0400

    High Plains Thumper (the name) sounds like some kind of a
    deranged effeminate cowboy that stepped right off Brokeback Mountain.
    --
    HPT

+ Reply to Thread