[News] New Features in the Next Ubuntu Linux - Linux

  1. [News] New Features in the Next Ubuntu Linux

    Top 5 New Features of Ubuntu 8.10 Interpid Ibex

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | As the Intrepid Ibex (8.10) development gets going, many people will probably
    | be wondering what new end-user features they can expect.
    |
    | 1. The new theme - Though it was planned for 8.04, the plan for a new
    | theme was pushed back to 8.10, the upcoming release.
    |
    | [...]
    `----

    http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...interpid-ibex/

    Five Reasons Ubuntu Is the #1 Linux Distro

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Ubuntu is, according to DistroWatch, the #1 Linux distribution. That’s a huge
    | feat in itself. However, once you realize that Ubuntu is only three and a
    | half years old, the feat is much bigger. How did the Linux rookie beat out
    | the nine-year-old Mandrake, the fourteen-year-old SUSE, or the
    | fifteen-year-old Debian?
    `----

    http://www.dawningvalley.com/2008/07...-linux-distro/

    Recent:

    Feeling the heat at Microsoft

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

    | to go with that.
    `----

    Intrepid Alpha 1 released

    ,----[ Quote ]
    | Welcome to Intrepid Ibex Alpha-1, which will in time become Ubuntu 8.10.
    |
    | Pre-releases of Intrepid are *not* encouraged for anyone needing a stable
    | system or anyone who is not comfortable running into occasional, even
    | frequent breakage. Â*They are, however, recommended for Ubuntu developers and
    | those who want to help in testing, reporting, and fixing bugs.
    |
    | Alpha 1 is the first in a series of milestone CD images that will be
    | released throughout the Intrepid development cycle. The Alpha images are
    | known to be reasonably free of showstopper CD build or installer bugs, while
    | representing a very recent snapshot of Intrepid.
    `----

    https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ub...ne/000440.html

  2. Re: [News] New Features in the Next Ubuntu Linux

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 20:50:44 +0100, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

    > Top 5 New Features of Ubuntu 8.10 Interpid Ibex
    >
    > ,----[ Quote ]
    >| As the Intrepid Ibex (8.10) development gets going, many people will probably
    >| be wondering what new end-user features they can expect.
    >|
    >| 1. The new theme - Though it was planned for 8.04, the plan for a new
    >| theme was pushed back to 8.10, the upcoming release.

    Actually people would rather that the Ubuntu team fix the freezing and
    lockup problems rather than graft yet another new theme on the beast.

    Forget the eye candy for a while and fix the bugs and with Ubuntu Linux
    they have a LOT of bugs to be fixed.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots: