Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu - Linux

This is a discussion on Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu - Linux ; Pidgens Interface is really easy to use. Very Simple. I love it. The problem is that is only notified me of about 2/3 of my emails. I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser, with Pidgen ...

  1. Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    Very Simple. I love it.

    The problem is that is only notified me of
    about 2/3 of my emails.

    I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    with Pidgen running.

    Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    it told me about 8.

    Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    me about 9.

    This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    know the issues.

  2. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 11:20:15 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > Pidgens Interface is really easy to use. Very Simple. I love it.
    >
    > The problem is that is only notified me of about 2/3 of my emails.
    >
    > I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser, with Pidgen
    > running.
    >
    > Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself, it told me about 8.
    >
    > Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told me about 9.
    >
    > This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you are going to advocate
    > linux, you might want to know the issues.

    How do we know you set up Pidgin correctly?

    --
    Rick

  3. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 11:20:15 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    Pidgen....
    Now that's a great name for a Linux program.

    In fact most people will automatically think Linux when they hear that
    title.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  4. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    > Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    > Very Simple. I love it.
    >
    > The problem is that is only notified me of
    > about 2/3 of my emails.
    >
    > I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    > with Pidgen running.
    >
    > Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    > it told me about 8.
    >
    > Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    > me about 9.
    >
    > This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    > are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    > know the issues.

    Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  5. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:

    > On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    >> Very Simple. I love it.
    >>
    >> The problem is that is only notified me of
    >> about 2/3 of my emails.
    >>
    >> I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    >> with Pidgen running.
    >>
    >> Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    >> it told me about 8.
    >>
    >> Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    >> me about 9.
    >>
    >> This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    >> are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    >> know the issues.

    > Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    I dunno, I would simply assume that nothing Psyc Geek says can be taken
    at face value.

    --
    Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones.

  6. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    Linonut wrote:
    > * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>> Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    >>> Very Simple. I love it.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that is only notified me of
    >>> about 2/3 of my emails.
    >>>
    >>> I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    >>> with Pidgen running.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    >>> it told me about 8.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    >>> me about 9.
    >>>
    >>> This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    >>> are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    >>> know the issues.

    >> Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    > I dunno, I would simply assume that nothing Psyc Geek says can be
    > taken at face value.

    When the same thing is said about you, you cry and take your ball away from
    the playground and insist you're honest.

  7. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On 2008-07-06, Gregory Shearman claimed:
    > On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >> Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    >> Very Simple. I love it.
    >>
    >> The problem is that is only notified me of
    >> about 2/3 of my emails.
    >>
    >> I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    >> with Pidgen running.
    >>
    >> Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    >> it told me about 8.
    >>
    >> Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    >> me about 9.
    >>
    >> This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    >> are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    >> know the issues.

    > Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    Yeah. Of the gazillion messages TAB wrote here in COLA, I received 0. I
    guess /my/ spam filter is working well, too.

    Might have to do something about responses eventually, though.

    --
    Linux: A culture of repair.
    Windows: A culture of despair.

  8. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:41:24 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Linonut wrote:
    >> * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:

    >>> Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    >> I dunno, I would simply assume that nothing Psyc Geek says can be
    >> taken at face value.

    > When the same thing is said about you, you cry and take your ball away from
    > the playground and insist you're honest.

    Linonut honest?
    Hahahah!
    That's a good one.

    He used to be honest but for some reason turned into a liar, literally
    overnight.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  9. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:

    > Linonut honest?
    > Hahahah!
    > That's a good one.
    >
    > He used to be honest but for some reason turned into a liar, literally
    > overnight.

    He's become the net-nanny idiot of cola. Someone had to take up the slack
    after Kier left.

    And remember, Moshe: Linonut is "/far/ more honest" than either of us.

    LMAO!

  10. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On 2008-07-06, Linonut wrote:
    > * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>> Pidgens Interface is really easy to use.
    >>> Very Simple. I love it.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that is only notified me of
    >>> about 2/3 of my emails.
    >>>
    >>> I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser,
    >>> with Pidgen running.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself,
    >>> it told me about 8.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told
    >>> me about 9.
    >>>
    >>> This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you
    >>> are going to advocate linux, you might want to
    >>> know the issues.

    >> Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    > I dunno, I would simply assume that nothing Psyc Geek says can be taken
    > at face value.

    Yeah.. the filthy troll is obviously googling for its "installing linux"
    stories.

    --
    Regards,

    Gregory.
    Gentoo Linux - Penguin Power

  11. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2008 19:00:52 -0400, DFS wrote:

    > Moshe Goldfarb. wrote:
    >
    >> Linonut honest?
    >> Hahahah!
    >> That's a good one.
    >>
    >> He used to be honest but for some reason turned into a liar, literally
    >> overnight.

    > He's become the net-nanny idiot of cola. Someone had to take up the slack
    > after Kier left.
    >
    > And remember, Moshe: Linonut is "/far/ more honest" than either of us.
    >
    > LMAO!

    Hysterical....
    This group is like a Fellini Circus...
    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:
    http://linuxidiots.blogspot.com/

  12. Re: Pidgen 2.4.1 on Ubuntu

    On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:23:18 -0400, Linonut wrote:

    > * Gregory Shearman peremptorily fired off this memo:
    >
    >> On 2008-07-05, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:
    >>> Pidgens Interface is really easy to use. Very Simple. I love it.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is that is only notified me of about 2/3 of my emails.
    >>>
    >>> I send 15 emails I sent to myself from a web browser, with Pidgen
    >>> running.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @live microsoft emails i sent to myself, it told me about 8.
    >>>
    >>> Of the 15 @yahoo emails I sent to myself, it told me about 9.
    >>>
    >>> This is not a SUPPORT thing. This is a, if you are going to advocate
    >>> linux, you might want to know the issues.

    >> Sounds like a spam blocker at the ISP level.

    > I dunno, I would simply assume that nothing Psyc Geek says can be taken at
    > face value.

    It's a troll, ergo it lies.

    --
    The little scamps! It's the oldest trick in the book: capture your ship,
    turn it into a planet, then explore a macro universe in a laundry basket.

+ Reply to Thread