  1. Web Site Problems

    I can't make my car payment on Linux/Firefox.
    But I can on Vista/Firefox.

    it is at www.toyotafinancial.com
    if you go there, see the login form,
    see, it is off to the right. after you login, you can't
    even read the screen. NO, changing
    font sizes did not work. I know, I know,
    it is the web maker. you be sure to tell
    them, but the fact is, i can't make the
    payment form linux/firefox but i can from vista/firefox.

    TODAY, I am downloading a template for a
    client to work on. I register for the template,
    and I get a download link. The url link
    is like: http://www.tempates.com/file.zip

    When I put this link in linux/firefox, i get a 404 error.
    The link works in Vista.

    So now, twice, I have to go back to Vista, 2X.

    Ubuntu 8.

    What surprises me is that with all the people
    out there, this is an error? All those eyes?
    I think they need bug testing some more.
    I mean, I like Ubuntu and I can fix it, but
    it is just one more tweak.

    Maybe they need me to be on their
    Quality Control Team.

  2. Re: Web Site Problems

    On Jul 5, 10:21*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    > I can't make my car payment on Linux/Firefox.
    > But I can on Vista/Firefox.
    >
    > it is atwww.toyotafinancial.com
    > if you go there, see the login form,
    > see, it is off to the right. *after you login, you can't
    > even read the screen. *NO, changing
    > font sizes did not work. *I know, I know,
    > it is the web maker. *you be sure to tell
    > them, but the fact is, i can't make the
    > payment form linux/firefox but i can from vista/firefox.
    >
    > TODAY, I am downloading a template for a
    > client to work on. I register for the template,
    > and I get a download link. *The url link
    > is like: *http://www.tempates.com/file.zip
    >
    > When I put this link in linux/firefox, i get a 404 error.
    > The link works in Vista.
    >
    > So now, twice, I have to go back to Vista, 2X.
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.
    >
    > What surprises me is that with all the people
    > out there, this is an error? *All those eyes?
    > I think they need bug testing some more.
    > I mean, I like Ubuntu and I can fix it, but
    > it is just one more tweak.
    >
    > Maybe they need me to be on their
    > Quality Control Team.

    Well, I got it working.
    there is 2 ways to fix it.

    I still like my ubuntu.
    I am going to start reporting the bugs.

  3. Re: Web Site Problems

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 07:21:02 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I can't make my car payment on Linux/Firefox. But I can on
    > Vista/Firefox.
    >
    > it is at www.toyotafinancial.com
    > if you go there, see the login form,
    > see, it is off to the right. after you login, you can't even read the
    > screen. NO, changing
    > font sizes did not work. I know, I know, it is the web maker. you be
    > sure to tell them, but the fact is, i can't make the payment form
    > linux/firefox but i can from vista/firefox.

    Have you tried Konqueror or Opera? Since I don't have an account, I can't
    look at anything past the main page.

    > TODAY, I am downloading a template for a client to work on. I register
    > for the template, and I get a download link. The url link is like:
    > http://www.tempates.com/file.zip
    >
    > When I put this link in linux/firefox, i get a 404 error. The link works
    > in Vista.

    When I enter http://www.tempates.com/file.zip in Konqueror, Opera and
    Firefox 3, the page http://www.tempates.com/ comes up.. Konqueror did
    show a 404, and then showed the www.tempates.com. Firefox 2.0.0.14 shows
    thewww.tempates.com page, but also shows a 404 in the history.

    The same page gets delivered in Firefox 2.00.12 and IE 6 in Windows 2k.
    I'm not going to reboot into XP just to test this. I am using PCLinuxOS
    2007, BTW.

    > So now, twice, I have to go back to Vista, 2X.
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.
    >
    > What surprises me is that with all the people out there, this is an
    > error? All those eyes?

    All those eyes... the Toyota Financial problem is not a Firefox/Ubuntu
    problem, it is the Web developer.

    I don't see problem between the way the different browsers in PCLinuxOS
    and W2k handle the tempartes.com page.

    > I think they need bug testing some more. I mean,
    > I like Ubuntu and I can fix it, but it is just one more tweak.
    >
    > Maybe they need me to be on their
    > Quality Control Team.

    Why?

    --
    Rick

  4. Re: Web Site Problems

    On Sat, 5 Jul 2008 07:31:13 -0700 (PDT), Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > On Jul 5, 10:21*am, "Psyc Geek (TAB)" wrote:
    >> I can't make my car payment on Linux/Firefox.
    >> But I can on Vista/Firefox.
    >>
    >> it is atwww.toyotafinancial.com
    >> if you go there, see the login form,
    >> see, it is off to the right. *after you login, you can't
    >> even read the screen. *NO, changing
    >> font sizes did not work. *I know, I know,
    >> it is the web maker. *you be sure to tell
    >> them, but the fact is, i can't make the
    >> payment form linux/firefox but i can from vista/firefox.
    >>
    >> TODAY, I am downloading a template for a
    >> client to work on. I register for the template,
    >> and I get a download link. *The url link
    >> is like: *http://www.tempates.com/file.zip
    >>
    >> When I put this link in linux/firefox, i get a 404 error.
    >> The link works in Vista.
    >>
    >> So now, twice, I have to go back to Vista, 2X.
    >>
    >> Ubuntu 8.
    >>
    >> What surprises me is that with all the people
    >> out there, this is an error? *All those eyes?
    >> I think they need bug testing some more.
    >> I mean, I like Ubuntu and I can fix it, but
    >> it is just one more tweak.
    >>
    >> Maybe they need me to be on their
    >> Quality Control Team.

    > Well, I got it working.
    > there is 2 ways to fix it.

    How did you fix it?
    Help others out who may be having the same problem.

    > I still like my ubuntu.
    > I am going to start reporting the bugs.

    I hope you have a lot of time on your hands.
    You are going to be busy.
    Ubuntu is riddled with bugs.

    Just read the forum and see for yourself.

    --
    Moshe Goldfarb
    Please visit The Hall of Linux Idiots:

  5. Re: Web Site Problems

    On Sat, 05 Jul 2008 07:21:02 -0700, Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I can't make my car payment on Linux/Firefox. But I can on
    > Vista/Firefox.
    >
    > it is at www.toyotafinancial.com
    > if you go there, see the login form,
    > see, it is off to the right. after you login, you can't even read the
    > screen. NO, changing
    > font sizes did not work. I know, I know, it is the web maker. you be
    > sure to tell them, but the fact is, i can't make the payment form
    > linux/firefox but i can from vista/firefox.
    >
    > TODAY, I am downloading a template for a client to work on. I register
    > for the template, and I get a download link. The url link is like:
    > http://www.tempates.com/file.zip
    >
    > When I put this link in linux/firefox, i get a 404 error. The link works
    > in Vista.
    >
    > So now, twice, I have to go back to Vista, 2X.
    >
    > Ubuntu 8.
    >
    > What surprises me is that with all the people out there, this is an
    > error? All those eyes? I think they need bug testing some more. I mean,
    > I like Ubuntu and I can fix it, but it is just one more tweak.
    >
    > Maybe they need me to be on their
    > Quality Control Team.

    I brought up the web site you mentioned - no problem. Of course, I can't
    really test it - I've not made a car payment since 1968.

  6. Re: Web Site Problems

    Psyc Geek (TAB) wrote:

    > I can't

    *plonk*